Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel

4.6

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I live in tropical Darwin and can be walking around outside throughout the workday in 30* C without a handbag, so I need to be able to have a lipstick in my pocket. Medieval survives the day! Not only does it survive it gives a great sheer flush of natural deep pink to my lips. Which has surprising staying power. Definitely much better than a balm.

I have also used it over sinner pink and it deepens the pink to a warm, rosey shade with a touch of shine.

Thank you Poppy I am so happy you are back.

This color is just gorgeous! I am always looking for a MLBB balm or stain, and having put off buying this for 6 years due to price, I finally caved. My lips naturally don't have any color, and I have to wear something to look lively. I have been using Lipsmackers for the tint. I would describe this as a grown up Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers+, because it actually shows up more, and is just as moisturizing with vitamin E. This is a new Holy Grail for me! Makes my lips look juicy and "just bitten".

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

a fantastic, easily applicable berry-ish red-stain-slash-lip-balm. it's a step up from my beloved cherry chapstick in color, but a stepdown from a full red lip. good, soft red that builds easily and has just enough staying power.

doesn't sink into lines in the lips or anything gross. when it does wear off, it barely leaves a trace (but it does so in an even way that makes it look like you're just gorgeous and flushed.)

i actually wear this stuff to mass, of all the places, and recognize the hunk of irony behind wearing this concept lipstick to mass (hah!) i feel weird wearing a "real" lipstick to my church, so this kind of does the trick and makes me look made up without looking "made up". not really my lips at all, but better!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really do like Medieval, but I said I wouldn't buy it again on here simply because of the price. It's not that it's WILDLY overpriced, but this tube would probably last me the rest of my natural life anyway, and while the color is very nice, it's not anything incredible. This formula is more like a balm; someone else compared it to Fresh's Sugar in Rose-- spot on, these two are nearly identical. I prefer Fresh Sugar's formula and scent, but I like the color and packaging of Lipstick Queen's Medieval better (I experienced the jostling-around-in-the-tube issue some other people complain of with Sugar's balms, which is the last thing I want in a balm that is so pricey!). My only real issue is that Medieval doesn't wear well. It doesn't have great staying power, but it also changes in color quite a bit from start to finish on me. Depending on how much I layer, it can start out anywhere from a soft pink to a solid red, but no matter where I start from, it eventually wears to a slightly fluorescent-ish pink that isn't too flattering to my pallor. Since I tend to apply my makeup then go, and rarely re-apply later, this is something I will save for quick evenings out instead of a day-long look.

This was a Christmas gift which was nice, I requested it after being asked what was on my wish list and my mother kindly did the deed and bought it for me.

I am very impressed with this lipstick, although I do think it's quite expensive. I am very pale and can wear this sheer red with no hesitation at my work place. If you have black hair and blue eyes this would look stunning on you. Reminds me of Snow White for some reason.
The formula is sheer and moisturising, the lasting power therefore isn't amazing but that is to be expected with this kind of product.

I first saw this kind of look from benefits benetint balm, this is definitely better. I've said I'd buy it again if i lost it or ran out purely because there is nothing wrong with it, but I can't help but think there are lots of these sheer lipsticks around these days and I bet someone out there does a better formula - YSL, i'm looking at you.

There isn't anything wrong with THIS formula, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired if I'm honest. For the price it comes in a simple red metal tube, and it doesn't exactly close easily I've found. I expect quality if i'm paying top dollar (or in this case, the gift buyer).

This is most definitely a very beautiful lipstick, I have pale skin, hazel eyes and dark hair with highlights for reference. I can't imagine that this would look bad on anyone to be honest, for those who are shy about red, this is your lipstick. It's definitely an autumn/winter colour in my book, although I doubt i'll stop using it along with bronzer in the summer either! Very versatile, very moisturising and very nice.

You might have noticed that I've knocked a lippy off, and that's mainly for the packaging/price point issue, it detracts from the overall package in my view, I give makeup a 5 for outstanding everything and a 4 if it's awesome but something is niggly. You might not agree but it's just FYI.

If you need yet another lipstick (we all do) then this is a good buy for sure. LSQ formulas are also amazing imho.

Another one of my Lipstick Queen favorites. Now to be fair I am fair/medium skintone. I know some reviewers did not like it because of the skin tone it did not show up. To be fair this is a sheer and although pretty full coverage on me it is not opaque. I use these type lipsticks when I am on the go during the day or a sheer lip for heavier shadow or cheek color makeup.

It does leave a stain as it wears that is flattering. Even though this is a balm consistancy lippy and it is buttery/creamy it is NOT a balm. If you have dry/flaky lips the color is going to cling to it in a not so pretty way.

I highly recommend this for someone wanting to try Red for the first time but is a little afraid of the more saturated colors. I recommend go swatch this at Ulta or Nieman's before you buy to make sure you love the look. The $22+ price tag is not somehing you want to make a mistake with. I might also suggest trying a revlon lip butter before investing in this as they also have that shearer coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Normally, I wouldn't pay so much ($22) for a lip color, but the copy and the packaging sucked me in. Fortunately for me, I find this product to be worth the money. I like a bold red lip, but it can be a bit much for daytime wear and I also find that some pigmented red lip colors tend to fade unevenly, leaving an unpleasant look behind. Since I'm not the type that has a lot of time to constantly check my lipstick, this is a really great product. I find it moisturizing and easy to apply. On me, the color is a sheer rose red. It gives the lips a bright and sexy tint without being over the top and makes me look more polished overall. I think just about every skintone would look great with this color but of course, if your lips are very pigmented, you may not witness much of a payoff. If the price tag doesn't deter you or you manage to find yourself with a sample of this color, definitely give it a try. In spite of the price, I plan on repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm not sure what to say about this product that hasn't been said already. The texture of this product is very nice. It feels smooth and glides on precisely, leaving a nice sheer neutral red color behind with some sheen. It is something like a cross between a tinted balm and a sheer lipstick. The color can be built up by applying more coats. It does not last long, however, so if you are looking to prolong the wear you will need to experiment with liners (perhaps Maybelline Color Sensational liner in Clear). I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone, though for reference I am very fair (NW10ish, wear BB foundations in Alabaster or Porcelain) with cool tones, though my lips are actually pigmented.

Update: I recently purchased Guerlain KissKiss in Red Love (#324), a really nice medium cool red. It doesn't serve the same purpose as Medieval, but purchasing Red Love makes me appreciate the sheerness and ease of application with Medieval--you can easily apply Medieval without a liner if you wish (though a liner wouldn't hurt), whereas with so many other red lippies, you almost HAVE to perfect your lip line with liner. And sometimes I just don't have time for that! :)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The perfect red-tinted lip balm. Too sheer to be a lipstick. In fact there is no "coverage" whatsoever. But the perfect neutral Crayola red, it applies as a moist stick gloss. Soft. Rosy. Like strawberry stain on your lips.

After trying Medieval, I am dying to try more Lipstick Queen products. This lipstick is more of a tinted balm with real staying power. I love products like this during the winter months because a typical lipstick can be drying but this keeps my lips smooth.
The color is a different take on "your lips but better" than your standard nude lip. It gives lips a nice crimson tint with just a little shine. This is my go-to product when I want to do a more natural make up look. Conversely, it also compliments a more intense eye since it is subtle.