Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by eye Color : Black

3.0

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had lusted after Medieval for years. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. I have pigmented lips and Medieval just looks like tinted lip balm on me. It does not give me much color at all. Plus, it's just too much like a balm and it's either suppose to taste like rancid lipstick or I just happened to get a rancid tube. What I had in mind was a deep red stained look with some shine. Medieval did not deliver, but I suppose it was my own expectations and not Medieval itself. Still, $20 is too much to pay for tinted lipbalm. If you're looking for red-stained lips, try Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic, which I also reviewed.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this! They don't deliver to the country where I live so I had to wait a month before I got my hands on it! Anyway, I really like the look of healthy red tinted lips and this gives you just that.

It is scentless and applies smoothly. The intensity can be built up if you apply more than one layer. The red is neutral, no visible warm or cool tones. Lovely. Lasts quite long, too and isn't drying.

The tube is a gorgeous matte red. I feel so posh when I take this out to reapply. I will definitely repurchase!