Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I’m on my 4th or 5th one - have been using it for several years. It is very sheer and more like a stain but the texture is smooth without being greasy. Also it has no smell which is a plus. There’s nothing worse than perfumey lipstick! It is on the pricey side - which is preventing me from having a bunch of them to keep in coat pockets, at work, in the car...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful color (a rosey - winery red with real depth), non matte, smooth, moist lipstick BUT it doesn't last. It reminds me of Clinique's black honey in texture but in a much more flattering color or Fresh Sugar's lip balm/treatment.

I would compare this to a deeply pigmented lip balm.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're reading this to influence your choice to take the plunge and purchase this lipstick, my goal is to make you feel great about spending a little more than most of us are comfortable with for such an item.

I own more lipstick than I care to admit, and I think that's likely because I'm always in search of that ONE that I can't live without. I think this is the one!

Obtaining natural-looking lips is always a challenge, one that seems should not be so hard. Lipstick Queen has done it. This is a beautiful, natural, sheer red tinted lipstick with a medium degree of shine. For me, one coat was hardly noticeable. But with two more swipes I was in love! The ability to easily control the degree of pigment during initial application is a treat.

Also, I think it would be an excellent top coat for a darker pigmented lipstick if desired!

Not for those wanting a traditional lipstick look. But if you're a natural looking kind of person, buy it asap!

For a little longer last, use with Sealed with a Kiss Lipstick Fixator. I'm having great results!

This is the sheer red I've been waiting my whole life for! You know the color you used to get on your lips after eating a cherry popsicle when you were younger? This looks EXACTLY like that. It applies like a tinted balm, as many have already said, but the color is more noticeable and lasts longer than most tinted balms I've tried. If you're looking for major drama red lips, this won't do it for you. Personally, I LOVE how sheer this is - my natural lips show through, but they have the prettiest red tint to them. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is very moisturizing and is packed with pigment. It's a fun color to wear day-to-day.

This is the best natural looking red lipstick ever! It's pigmented yet sheer and super moisturizing! I love all their lipsticks but this is my go to!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the look of this lipstick-- It's just the right amount of red, adding visible color and brightening the face, without looking too formal or in-your-face red.

But I've had to stop wearing it, because it dries out my lips terribly. This happens even when I wear a lip balm under it. About 2 hours after application, the color has worn off and my lips are parched.

So, I won't be repurchasing this one.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

One of the best things about this product is the ingredient list: Shea butter, Mango seed butter, bees wax (to name a few). I'm big on what type of chemicals I put near my mouth, so this was a plus for me, worth the price. Also, the color description does not lie. It is a red tint. Not drying like some of the liquid tints out there. It's supposed to be sheer, and not obvious. Goes back to a time when women used lemon juice to make their lips red (not like a heavier lipstick). Very nourishing and healthy. I would not compare to some of the less expensive brands that have a much different ingredient list. The packaging is awesome. Doesn't get into the creases in your lips and feather. Perfect for work very subtle and pretty. Also pretty for any age group.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I wanted to love this because of its awesome packaging and concept. It's exactly the kind of look that I like, that sexy bitten lip. Unfortunately, this color really doesn't suit everyone. I suspect it's suited to pale skinned women. I am right in the middle of the skin tone spectrum, olive, with warm undertones and barely pigmented lips. This color barely registered on my lips.. it was so faint and light that it didn't really flatter me. I wanted to love it, though. I give this 5 lippies for packaging.

For darker skinned women, I'd recommend the Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in "Passion." I actually bumped this down to 2 Lippies because it's marketed as "the red that anyone can wear" and that's simply not true (common sense tells us that there isn't a single color that everyone can wear, anyway).

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is better at moisturising my lips than all the lipbalms I've ever tried. It also feels much better on, not grainy at all, not too slick, and not sticky. I wish the colour was a tad brighter, but since it's so sheer it doesn't really matter. The tube looks like new after months spent in a bag, on the go. Not even a hint of wear!!