Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by hair type : Straight

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I’m on my 4th or 5th one - have been using it for several years. It is very sheer and more like a stain but the texture is smooth without being greasy. Also it has no smell which is a plus. There’s nothing worse than perfumey lipstick! It is on the pricey side - which is preventing me from having a bunch of them to keep in coat pockets, at work, in the car...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

lovely texture and sheer application, but I just wasn't feeling the shade. Universal shades never seem to work for me. This one doesn't have enough blue in it to flatter me. And although the formula is luxurious, it's a lot of money to pay for what is essentially tinted lip balm.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lip color, and I've found that (for me) the best way to apply it is to lightly dab it onto the lips until you build up the shade you want. The first time I applied it, I smeared it all over my lips in a heavy coat and was horrified when it came out looking hot pink and patchy. However, when I dab it onto my lips lightly, it looks lovely; it's hard to describe the color. It's definitely not a true red, or a coral, or a pink; it's kind of a mixture of all three. It's not too bright; it's muted, which is what I prefer in lip colors. It has a very similar texture to Frog Prince--light, balmy, moisturizing, and sheer yet pigmented. However, it doesn't stain your lips like Frog Prince does, so after a few hours you have to reapply. For that reason, I think it's slightly overpriced, but the unique color and formula make it worthwhile for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I live in tropical Darwin and can be walking around outside throughout the workday in 30* C without a handbag, so I need to be able to have a lipstick in my pocket. Medieval survives the day! Not only does it survive it gives a great sheer flush of natural deep pink to my lips. Which has surprising staying power. Definitely much better than a balm.

I have also used it over sinner pink and it deepens the pink to a warm, rosey shade with a touch of shine.

Thank you Poppy I am so happy you are back.

This is the sheer red I've been waiting my whole life for! You know the color you used to get on your lips after eating a cherry popsicle when you were younger? This looks EXACTLY like that. It applies like a tinted balm, as many have already said, but the color is more noticeable and lasts longer than most tinted balms I've tried. If you're looking for major drama red lips, this won't do it for you. Personally, I LOVE how sheer this is - my natural lips show through, but they have the prettiest red tint to them. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

"Medieval is the red that flatters all complexions. Impossible to detect as anything other than a sensual melancholic hue." Poppy King - Lipstick Queen Founder.

During medieval times, when lipstick was considered a sin, women used the natural acidity of lemons to bring forth a natural blood-red stain on their lips, which is the look that the creator of this lip tint is aiming for. I only joined the Lipstick Queen bandwagon a short while ago, but Medieval has already become my go-to lip product. This is one of those products where the shade will look different on everyone; with my fair skin and pink lips the result is a sheer pinky red, with a slight hint of plum. It gives a rich, glossy colour without being a bold shade, and it goes nicely with all of my preferred eye looks.

My lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating, as the formula is buttery and light. Having a moisturizing formula means that this product isn't very long lasting, but the concept and colour makes up for this downside for me. The price is a bit embarrassing, but I do like it enough - and wear it more then enough - to say that I'm extremely likely to buy it again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Another winner from Lipstick Queen. This is a great sheer red. I can says it easy to wear. Looks great, almost "bitten" lip look. Reminds me of benetint without the liquid mess.

Applies smoothly. Moisturizing. More a like stained lip balm rather than lipstick.

I love this just as much as Hello Sailor.

This was a Christmas gift which was nice, I requested it after being asked what was on my wish list and my mother kindly did the deed and bought it for me.

I am very impressed with this lipstick, although I do think it's quite expensive. I am very pale and can wear this sheer red with no hesitation at my work place. If you have black hair and blue eyes this would look stunning on you. Reminds me of Snow White for some reason.
The formula is sheer and moisturising, the lasting power therefore isn't amazing but that is to be expected with this kind of product.

I first saw this kind of look from benefits benetint balm, this is definitely better. I've said I'd buy it again if i lost it or ran out purely because there is nothing wrong with it, but I can't help but think there are lots of these sheer lipsticks around these days and I bet someone out there does a better formula - YSL, i'm looking at you.

There isn't anything wrong with THIS formula, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired if I'm honest. For the price it comes in a simple red metal tube, and it doesn't exactly close easily I've found. I expect quality if i'm paying top dollar (or in this case, the gift buyer).

This is most definitely a very beautiful lipstick, I have pale skin, hazel eyes and dark hair with highlights for reference. I can't imagine that this would look bad on anyone to be honest, for those who are shy about red, this is your lipstick. It's definitely an autumn/winter colour in my book, although I doubt i'll stop using it along with bronzer in the summer either! Very versatile, very moisturising and very nice.

You might have noticed that I've knocked a lippy off, and that's mainly for the packaging/price point issue, it detracts from the overall package in my view, I give makeup a 5 for outstanding everything and a 4 if it's awesome but something is niggly. You might not agree but it's just FYI.

If you need yet another lipstick (we all do) then this is a good buy for sure. LSQ formulas are also amazing imho.

This is the perfect sheer red lipstick for me. The LQ lipstick formula cannot be beat-moisturizing without being greasy/oily. Good staying power as well. Very chic packaging. As for the color itself, due to it's sheerness it doesn't pull too warm or cool, letting your natural undertones come through. This is a very natural looking, daytime red. I would highly recommend this to those who are timid of wearing red in general as it makes for sufficient red lipstick training wheels.

Another one of my Lipstick Queen favorites. Now to be fair I am fair/medium skintone. I know some reviewers did not like it because of the skin tone it did not show up. To be fair this is a sheer and although pretty full coverage on me it is not opaque. I use these type lipsticks when I am on the go during the day or a sheer lip for heavier shadow or cheek color makeup.

It does leave a stain as it wears that is flattering. Even though this is a balm consistancy lippy and it is buttery/creamy it is NOT a balm. If you have dry/flaky lips the color is going to cling to it in a not so pretty way.

I highly recommend this for someone wanting to try Red for the first time but is a little afraid of the more saturated colors. I recommend go swatch this at Ulta or Nieman's before you buy to make sure you love the look. The $22+ price tag is not somehing you want to make a mistake with. I might also suggest trying a revlon lip butter before investing in this as they also have that shearer coverage.