Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by hair type : Other

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lipstick Queen as a brand is kinda hitting it out of the park for me. Their lipstick formula is everything I could want out of a lipstick—in that the ones I've tried feel like lip balm and are not heavily pigmented. I know that's not what everyone wants out of their lipstick, but I'm in love with the ease, comfort, and peace of mind I get out of their lipsticks. Medieval is a very wearable red for someone like me who is afraid of wearing red lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is better at moisturising my lips than all the lipbalms I've ever tried. It also feels much better on, not grainy at all, not too slick, and not sticky. I wish the colour was a tad brighter, but since it's so sheer it doesn't really matter. The tube looks like new after months spent in a bag, on the go. Not even a hint of wear!!

This is a wearable red, quite moisturizing and comfortable to wear. The lasting power isn't great, but I don't mind that. So many reds are matte and drying. This one is not. It's a natural wash of red that goes well with a fair complexion. I'd recommend it for someone's first go at a red lipstick as it is sheer and not overbearing at all. Wonderful color and product!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OMG is this lipstick amazing!
This is a tiny bit brighter than my HG ..Philosophy Passion lipstick,sadly d/cd but I have copied by 3CC....but It matched perfectly in the sheerness factor....and the formula is amazing...
Looks almost like a plastic lippie in the tube and applies beautifully...lasts longer on the lips than the Philosophy one too....
This is a cross between a sheer lipstick and a balm....whatever it is it's fantastic........
I stick with neutral taupe/beige e/s and a smudged grey blue eye pencil,natura blush,l so this is a beautiful compliment to my look without BIG RED LIPS....lol
I LOVE YOU POPPY KING!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The perfect red-tinted lip balm. Too sheer to be a lipstick. In fact there is no "coverage" whatsoever. But the perfect neutral Crayola red, it applies as a moist stick gloss. Soft. Rosy. Like strawberry stain on your lips.

I have a very hard time finding flattering lipsticks - I'm 62; dark lipsticks look harsh and aging, pale lipsticks leave me looking washed out. Lipstick Queen in Medieval is one of the few lipsticks I've tried that's actually wearable. It's the only one I've found that's MLBB, and the only one I can wear with red clothing. The only catch is that it darkens quite a bit by an hour after I've applied it, so I apply very lightly. Also, I can't get away with wearing this lipstick and no other makeup - I definitely have to wear blush, or it looks a little harsh. Finally, it looks and feels better on me with a topcoat of clear gloss or balm.

Oh my.

There are no words to describe my love for this product. From the second I opened the package I knew we were meant to be.

This is lovely and understated -- but just enough color to give that *something*. This is decently moisturising and feels comfortable on the lips, but I prefer it with balm underneath.

Looks good with almost any makeup look, in my opinion. Dayum. There's just something about this that is so completely appealing. I don't think it could look bad on anyone -- you can build it up or down as you please, and it seems to transform a little based on the natural color of your lips.

I've been holding off on writing a review for Medieval because when I first tried it 8 months ago, I though it was nothing special, just a tinted balm. But that was a while ago and I've since realized that it's the only lip product I want to use now. For starters, medieval kept my lips soft and moisturized in the winter, seemed more moisturizing compared to my nivea balm. The color is so natural, it's a medium strawberry red with a slight berry tint. Medieval is very sheer, so it blends with your natural lip color. The look created is so natural that a sales associate at Sephora thought it was my natural lip color. He commented that I had really pretty pigmented lips. My lips aren't naturally pigmented at all, but at least with Medieval I can fake it.

I also use Medieval on top of my Nars reds and the color stays put and keeps my lips smooth, even though Nars semi mattes can be very drying. Love this product!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HG!!! I love this. I think it looks very nice and does exactly what it claims to. Probably my favorite lip product right now.

The downside it that it doesnt last long. I went on vacation for a week and only brought this and one other lipstick. (I cant stand the thought of losing any so I bring a minimum). I did wear it a lot, and carried it with me and reapplied throughout the day. (staying power is expectantly weak) But boy am I regretting that, in that one week I got through more lipstick than I have in any of my other tubes of lipstick. Like MAC lipsticks..you wear them often but still it doesnt seem to go down in the tube...Medieval goes more like a lipbalm which I guess makes since.

If you go into the purchase knowing its more like a tinted lipbalm in terms of color, staying power, and longevity you will be pleasantly surprised. It is really so, so beautiful. But if you go into it expecting a lot of opaque color, or a lipstick staying power you may be disappointed. It has enough color to change your lip color and its obvious to me that I'm wearing something but others may think I just have naturally red lips. I am trying to wear it minimally because I dont want to run out, but when I do I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

As others have mentioned, Medieval gives the lips just a beautiful natural looking hint of red. The best way I can describe it is if I had naturally rosebud red lips and put a swipe of lipbalm over them. Such a perfect, pretty look that brightens my face. I never imagined I would wear red lipstick, but this actually looks more natural than any other shade I have worn. Will buy another for my purse.

Popular Lipsticks