Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because it sounded really great but as others have said, it isn't red. It's berry. And I knew it wasn't lipstick. Wanna get that out of the way first. It is nice on your lips but my Ocean Potion lipstick is just as nice if not better as it contains an SPF and I can add any color I want to it. The other thing that made me give it a not so great rating is that is does not last long and by that, I mean, before you know it, you are at the end of your tube. I am so thankful that I didn't pay full price for this lipstick. Pretty packaging, pretty tube color but other than that, it's hype.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lipstick Queen as a brand is kinda hitting it out of the park for me. Their lipstick formula is everything I could want out of a lipstick—in that the ones I've tried feel like lip balm and are not heavily pigmented. I know that's not what everyone wants out of their lipstick, but I'm in love with the ease, comfort, and peace of mind I get out of their lipsticks. Medieval is a very wearable red for someone like me who is afraid of wearing red lipstick.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing Medieval for too many years to count & I love it just as much as I did the day I discovered it.
It's a gorgeous sheer red that is easily buildable to a deeper red. This was the first true red I ever felt comfortable wearing & it looks just as perfect with a full face of makeup as it does with No makeup at all.
It's moisturizing and while it is NOT tenacious at all, it does leave behind a soft red tint. Like Hello Sailor, I do have to reapply this often, but that is the only negative...well, I also wish it was cheaper but I love Medieval & will continue to purchase this forever. Highly recommend.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I live in tropical Darwin and can be walking around outside throughout the workday in 30* C without a handbag, so I need to be able to have a lipstick in my pocket. Medieval survives the day! Not only does it survive it gives a great sheer flush of natural deep pink to my lips. Which has surprising staying power. Definitely much better than a balm.

I have also used it over sinner pink and it deepens the pink to a warm, rosey shade with a touch of shine.

Thank you Poppy I am so happy you are back.

This color is just gorgeous! I am always looking for a MLBB balm or stain, and having put off buying this for 6 years due to price, I finally caved. My lips naturally don't have any color, and I have to wear something to look lively. I have been using Lipsmackers for the tint. I would describe this as a grown up Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers+, because it actually shows up more, and is just as moisturizing with vitamin E. This is a new Holy Grail for me! Makes my lips look juicy and "just bitten".

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Some readers here have called this a glorified lip balm, and I would tend to agree. But wow, what a lip balm it is. It does apply so smoothly and feels so luxurious I can't help but love it. A quick swipe and you really don't notice much color, but you do get a nice hit of sheer red as you build it up. I don't think the staying time is very long, but again, with the feel, the beautiful color and the lovely packaging, I love it and happily reapply. And if you apply a few swipes, you do get a more noticeable red, albeit still natural.

This is the best natural looking red lipstick ever! It's pigmented yet sheer and super moisturizing! I love all their lipsticks but this is my go to!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the look of this lipstick-- It's just the right amount of red, adding visible color and brightening the face, without looking too formal or in-your-face red.

But I've had to stop wearing it, because it dries out my lips terribly. This happens even when I wear a lip balm under it. About 2 hours after application, the color has worn off and my lips are parched.

So, I won't be repurchasing this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was so excited to get this lippy. But it didn't quite live up to my expectations. I will say the color is gorgeous on me. I have light/medium warm skin and my lips have slightly more natural pigment than a corpse, Medieval shows up beautifully with several swipes across my lips, and looks like a berry red. I also like the balm like texture and the fact that it has no scent or flavor. Unfortunately, once it wears off, my lips are a bit drier than before. And it wears off very quickly, even with no eating or drinking. Given the many moisturizing ingredients, I was surprised that my lips feel so dry after wearing. So while I do love the color, this is one I won't be purchasing again.

Another one of my Lipstick Queen favorites. Now to be fair I am fair/medium skintone. I know some reviewers did not like it because of the skin tone it did not show up. To be fair this is a sheer and although pretty full coverage on me it is not opaque. I use these type lipsticks when I am on the go during the day or a sheer lip for heavier shadow or cheek color makeup.

It does leave a stain as it wears that is flattering. Even though this is a balm consistancy lippy and it is buttery/creamy it is NOT a balm. If you have dry/flaky lips the color is going to cling to it in a not so pretty way.

I highly recommend this for someone wanting to try Red for the first time but is a little afraid of the more saturated colors. I recommend go swatch this at Ulta or Nieman's before you buy to make sure you love the look. The $22+ price tag is not somehing you want to make a mistake with. I might also suggest trying a revlon lip butter before investing in this as they also have that shearer coverage.