Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin type : Oily

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wanted to try this so badly after all the wonderful reviews. I love a sheer color lip. Not a big fan of heavy full lipsticks, but I think lipstick/tints, glosses just balance out the face nicely. I hunted all over town until I found a remote store that sold it, and ...meh. Wasn't a big fan of the texture, I thought it was kind of sticky. Though its suppose to flatter all skin tones it was still a little to 'pinky' on me for my taste. Wasn't impressed for the price of it. Would not repurchase. Gave it to my mom. She loves it.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very flattering lipstick. The sheer texture makes it easy to layer, so it can go from a wash of cherry to a dark sultry finish. It's a bit drying so it's not quite perfect, but otherwise it's a win.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is what I've always wanted for everyday wear, but was never able to find: a sheer red lip color that looks natural, is comfortable, and lasts a long time. Until now I haven't found a lip color that has met each of those characteristics in one product. I've tried BeneTint, Tarte, LipTini, Bare Escentuals, and the list goes on. The closest I'd come is Fresh Sugar Rose (spf 15), and I've been using it for over a year. I love it, but to be utterly perfect I wanted something with more concentrated pigment. With Fresh, the moisture lasts for hours, but the color doesn't last as long. Medieval is everything I wanted and more. The color is absolutey gorgeous. It can look like "my lips but better", or it can look more dramatic, depending upon how many layers I choose to add. It's extremely moisturizing, (right up there with Fresh), but it is unscented and tasteless. It's so natural-looking, that even up close it's hard to to tell that I have any enhancement on my lips. It's like a very light, soft balm that leaves a soft wash of stain that's visible 6-7 hours after application. It plumps my lips, fills in dryness, and makes my lips look smooth and flawless. Best of all, it doesn't creep off my lips like many other lip colors. I don't need any sort of liner or topper for it. I'd buy this if it came in a brown bag, but, serendipitously, it comes in a beautiful, rich crimson lipstick case that looks classy, yet interesting. The tarot-looking card (it's not a Tarot card) that comes with the lipstick is a fun stimulus for my inner eccentric. The descriptions of the symbolism on Lipstick Queen's website paint a pretty grim picture, but I suppose they're meant to convey the popular philosophies of certain people-groups during Medieval times. The whole idea reminds me of the concepts behind the Black Phoenix Alchemy Labs perfume oils, and I just LOVE it. I'm a complete sucker for artistic quirkiness, so the little cards that come with Lipstick Queen lipstick make me enjoy it even more! It's been said hundreds of times, but I'll say it again: Medieval is an amazing product. It's truly top-notch, and one-of-a-kind. I sincerely believe Poppy King when she says she "listens" so she knows what customers want from their lip products. So many of us have been wearing glosses for years because we were afraid of looking at our reflections in the mirror and seeing our Nanas (sans the blonde wig and drawn-on eyebrows, hopefully). Lipstick Queen lipsticks give me an entirely new and positive view of lipstick, and I'm having a ball learning how many colors I actually can wear!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I liked the wash of sheer colour that it gave, but I had issues with the texture. It's deceivingly smooth and creamy, but all that creaminess does not translate into hydration for the lips - so underneath that sheer smooth layer, my lips were left dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Please click "Continued" below for pics and swatches

Would I buy this again? yes, a million times, yes! i love it dearly.

COLOR: This is a true looking red in the tube, and it goes on very sheer and appears as a sweet slightly warm red on the lips. I would call this color the red for people who don't wear red. For those who aren't adverse to bold lips, it's a MLBB bitten type look. it's got enough pow that you can wear it with a light eye look, and you can still rock it with a dramatic eye.

TEXTURE: The application is silky and smooth, and very sheer yet buildable. It's almost like a gel and feels amazing on the lips. I don't think it's overly moisturizing, but it's definitely not drying whatsoever.

PACKAGING: This comes in a red brushed metal case. you can see photos of it below. It's distinctive for sure and seems sort of elegant to me. the outer carton seems a little cheap, looks almost like a blister pack you'd find at the drug store but the illustration is very cool. the outer carton never really bothers me, and the tube itself is really nice.

WEAR: This does not have the best wear, it sticks decently well but definitely is pretty emollient so it will wear off within an hour or two.

PRICE: $20 USD for this product doesn't bother me at all, it's just that great.

OVERALL: I can't talk this product up enough. I have a freaking storage unit's worth of lip products and still want a backup of this. i don't have a backup of a single other lip color so I think that says a lot. This is the desert island lip color, goes with absolutely everything.

continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Finally got to Barney's to test out this product, and it lived up to my high expectations. It is very smooth and balm-like, moisturizing, and wears down very evenly to a nice stain. As for the color I do get pink in this, but it looks great. I am pale with pale lips so the color payoff is pretty good and layering increases the intensity. I love that there is no smell or taste to this product, and will certainly be purchasing many other products from this line. Comparing to Black Honey directly, there is a little more slip to this lippy, it lasts a bit longer, but the color on me is brighter. Black honey is more muted honey plum, while this is sheer wine with some pink. I will wear both, but Medieval wins out between the two.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I love this! They don't deliver to the country where I live so I had to wait a month before I got my hands on it! Anyway, I really like the look of healthy red tinted lips and this gives you just that.

It is scentless and applies smoothly. The intensity can be built up if you apply more than one layer. The red is neutral, no visible warm or cool tones. Lovely. Lasts quite long, too and isn't drying.

The tube is a gorgeous matte red. I feel so posh when I take this out to reapply. I will definitely repurchase!

Popular Lipsticks