Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone

4.8

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lip color, and I've found that (for me) the best way to apply it is to lightly dab it onto the lips until you build up the shade you want. The first time I applied it, I smeared it all over my lips in a heavy coat and was horrified when it came out looking hot pink and patchy. However, when I dab it onto my lips lightly, it looks lovely; it's hard to describe the color. It's definitely not a true red, or a coral, or a pink; it's kind of a mixture of all three. It's not too bright; it's muted, which is what I prefer in lip colors. It has a very similar texture to Frog Prince--light, balmy, moisturizing, and sheer yet pigmented. However, it doesn't stain your lips like Frog Prince does, so after a few hours you have to reapply. For that reason, I think it's slightly overpriced, but the unique color and formula make it worthwhile for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Lipstick Queen as a brand is kinda hitting it out of the park for me. Their lipstick formula is everything I could want out of a lipstick—in that the ones I've tried feel like lip balm and are not heavily pigmented. I know that's not what everyone wants out of their lipstick, but I'm in love with the ease, comfort, and peace of mind I get out of their lipsticks. Medieval is a very wearable red for someone like me who is afraid of wearing red lipstick.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Another winner from Lipstick Queen. This is a great sheer red. I can says it easy to wear. Looks great, almost "bitten" lip look. Reminds me of benetint without the liquid mess.

Applies smoothly. Moisturizing. More a like stained lip balm rather than lipstick.

I love this just as much as Hello Sailor.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This is better at moisturising my lips than all the lipbalms I've ever tried. It also feels much better on, not grainy at all, not too slick, and not sticky. I wish the colour was a tad brighter, but since it's so sheer it doesn't really matter. The tube looks like new after months spent in a bag, on the go. Not even a hint of wear!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Normally, I wouldn't pay so much ($22) for a lip color, but the copy and the packaging sucked me in. Fortunately for me, I find this product to be worth the money. I like a bold red lip, but it can be a bit much for daytime wear and I also find that some pigmented red lip colors tend to fade unevenly, leaving an unpleasant look behind. Since I'm not the type that has a lot of time to constantly check my lipstick, this is a really great product. I find it moisturizing and easy to apply. On me, the color is a sheer rose red. It gives the lips a bright and sexy tint without being over the top and makes me look more polished overall. I think just about every skintone would look great with this color but of course, if your lips are very pigmented, you may not witness much of a payoff. If the price tag doesn't deter you or you manage to find yourself with a sample of this color, definitely give it a try. In spite of the price, I plan on repurchasing.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I'm not sure what to say about this product that hasn't been said already. The texture of this product is very nice. It feels smooth and glides on precisely, leaving a nice sheer neutral red color behind with some sheen. It is something like a cross between a tinted balm and a sheer lipstick. The color can be built up by applying more coats. It does not last long, however, so if you are looking to prolong the wear you will need to experiment with liners (perhaps Maybelline Color Sensational liner in Clear). I can't imagine this looking bad on anyone, though for reference I am very fair (NW10ish, wear BB foundations in Alabaster or Porcelain) with cool tones, though my lips are actually pigmented.

Update: I recently purchased Guerlain KissKiss in Red Love (#324), a really nice medium cool red. It doesn't serve the same purpose as Medieval, but purchasing Red Love makes me appreciate the sheerness and ease of application with Medieval--you can easily apply Medieval without a liner if you wish (though a liner wouldn't hurt), whereas with so many other red lippies, you almost HAVE to perfect your lip line with liner. And sometimes I just don't have time for that! :)

My favourite lipstick of all time.

After reading raves here I expected great things and I got it. Medieval is the only red I have ever felt comfortable wearing during the day, and I find I reach for it more than any other. It brightens my complexion and makes my lips look so moisturised and lush.

It feels great on the lips but is short-lasting (I wouldn't expect a sheer to last long, though) and i've found i've gone through the tube pretty quickly as you have to apply a lot of it to get enough colour.

Don't use a liner with it - its nicer as a natural flush of colour without edges.

I've been on a Lipstick Queen high for the last several weeks! I've purchased five different colors and I expected this one to be my favorite. But, I've learned I that I prefer "sigh" . Medieval reminds me of Clinique's Black Honey lipstick (but Medieval has more of a red tone)

Pros:
1.) goes on silky smooth
2.) soft, sheer, build-able color- great for in between seasons when you don't want to wear gloss but you don't want full on lips either.
3.) A natural (for me) shade, MLBB
Cons:
1.) Yes, it's build-able but that still requires spending almost a minute rubbing it on my lips. Which I do when I first apply it so as it wears off it doesn't just disappear.
2.) Reapply, reapply, reapply!

My first lipstick queen product (I got it in the discovery kit along with two other lipstick that I also love). It's a subtle red that looks so pretty on me (NC20) but I think it'll look good on any skin tone. I've always wanted to wear red lipstick, but never got round to it. You can build the color if you want a more intense red. The lipstick is so moisturizing and lightweight, not sticky at all. It bathes my lips with luxurious moisture that feels so good! I love medieval and will continue to purchase it as long as the company makes this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I was excited to try this so I'm really disappointed that Medieval didn't work for me. It went kind of orangey and didn't look bitten or flushed at all. It seemed moisturizing but had a greasy feel I didn't like. I'm still giving it three lippies because it seems like a quality product that was just wrong for me.

IMO, $25 (with shipping) is way too much for anything less than a HG . I'll stick with my $1.00 N.Y.C. Sheer Red.