Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin type : Combination

4.5

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

I love this! I'm on my second tube and will continue to buy it as a staple unless LQ reformulates it!

If you buy it expecting a "lipstick," you'll be disappointed. I'd really call it more of a tinted balm--it's VERY sheer on me. It's so sheer that I don't need a mirror to apply it; I just use it like a chapstick. I love it for no-makeup days when I want to look like I didn't just roll out of bed, and I love it with full eyes also.

It has what I consider the perfect balance of sheerness and moist texture. Some sheers are too slippery/oily, but this stays on my lips without sliding around or collecting in weird globs like some glosses can.

It is also very moisturizing on me. Many lip products make my often-chapped lips worse.

It's on the expensive side, but I've never found anything like it.

My most recently bought tube says "Made in Canada," which I like. (I won't pay premium prices for makeup that's made in China.)

The packaging could be sexier, I guess. It's a basic lipstick tube. The box it comes in is gorgeous, though!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was reluctant to spend the $$$ on this because I was afraid I would like it too much...and I do. Now I am going to have to hunt it down and repurchase when I run out, and I am going to HAVE TO try some other Lipstick Queen lippies too. Sigh.

Poor wallet.

This is a wonderful sheer, but moderately buildable, subtle red. It feels soft and luxe on the lips. It doesn't have a lot of staying power, but leaves behind a lovely, even, reddish flush as it fades. For me it is the absolutely perfect daytime red, but sheer and subtle are the key words here.

Medieval is marketed as being the perfect sheer red for all skin tones. I found it to be kind of an unflattering bright orangey-red on me. For a sheer lipstick I found the formula to be surprisingly drying and not at all long-lasting. I bought it mainly because I believed the advertising. There are similar colours and better formulas out there without the price tag that comes with a heavily marketed indie hipness factor. I like the metal tube and the visual design of the packaging, though.

This color is just gorgeous! I am always looking for a MLBB balm or stain, and having put off buying this for 6 years due to price, I finally caved. My lips naturally don't have any color, and I have to wear something to look lively. I have been using Lipsmackers for the tint. I would describe this as a grown up Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers+, because it actually shows up more, and is just as moisturizing with vitamin E. This is a new Holy Grail for me! Makes my lips look juicy and "just bitten".

This is the sheer red I've been waiting my whole life for! You know the color you used to get on your lips after eating a cherry popsicle when you were younger? This looks EXACTLY like that. It applies like a tinted balm, as many have already said, but the color is more noticeable and lasts longer than most tinted balms I've tried. If you're looking for major drama red lips, this won't do it for you. Personally, I LOVE how sheer this is - my natural lips show through, but they have the prettiest red tint to them. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

a fantastic, easily applicable berry-ish red-stain-slash-lip-balm. it's a step up from my beloved cherry chapstick in color, but a stepdown from a full red lip. good, soft red that builds easily and has just enough staying power.

doesn't sink into lines in the lips or anything gross. when it does wear off, it barely leaves a trace (but it does so in an even way that makes it look like you're just gorgeous and flushed.)

i actually wear this stuff to mass, of all the places, and recognize the hunk of irony behind wearing this concept lipstick to mass (hah!) i feel weird wearing a "real" lipstick to my church, so this kind of does the trick and makes me look made up without looking "made up". not really my lips at all, but better!

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I finally purchased this from Ulta last weekend, after having tested it on my hand several times in the past couple of months. I'm not quite sure why I finally decided to purchase Medieval, but I am ever so happy that I did! Not only is this an excellent "everyday red," it is also quite long-lasting, moisturizing, and comfortable to wear. I've always been a sucker for lip products (and have purchased nearly every form from low-end to high-end over the decades), but I must say this is truly my favorite. The hue is a subtle and natural red flush, not something that screams out that I'm wearing lipstick. I love the tube itself, although I kind of wish it didn't have "Lipstick Queen" emblazoned upon it. Like others have said, the packaging artwork is quite intriguing, too.

When I glide this lovely lip stain across my lips, the effect it gives calls to mind one of my favorite paintings from 1893, "La Belle Dame Sans Merci," by John William Waterhouse. If you've never seen the painting, you should Google it. The pre-Raphaelite artist painted an intimate scene in which we find an ethereally beautiful young lady who is passionately gazing into the eyes of a knight, her flushed lips are slightly parted to receive a kiss from her chosen suitor. This particular artist often painted scenes which had been based upon famous poems, and most of his paintings feature what I consider to be a standard of beauty, where the glow of the subject shines, not as a result of the cosmetics she wore to enhance her features. Wear this gorgeous lipstick, and that same effect shall certainly be yours!

This is the best natural looking red lipstick ever! It's pigmented yet sheer and super moisturizing! I love all their lipsticks but this is my go to!

This was a Christmas gift which was nice, I requested it after being asked what was on my wish list and my mother kindly did the deed and bought it for me.

I am very impressed with this lipstick, although I do think it's quite expensive. I am very pale and can wear this sheer red with no hesitation at my work place. If you have black hair and blue eyes this would look stunning on you. Reminds me of Snow White for some reason.
The formula is sheer and moisturising, the lasting power therefore isn't amazing but that is to be expected with this kind of product.

I first saw this kind of look from benefits benetint balm, this is definitely better. I've said I'd buy it again if i lost it or ran out purely because there is nothing wrong with it, but I can't help but think there are lots of these sheer lipsticks around these days and I bet someone out there does a better formula - YSL, i'm looking at you.

There isn't anything wrong with THIS formula, but the packaging leaves a lot to be desired if I'm honest. For the price it comes in a simple red metal tube, and it doesn't exactly close easily I've found. I expect quality if i'm paying top dollar (or in this case, the gift buyer).

This is most definitely a very beautiful lipstick, I have pale skin, hazel eyes and dark hair with highlights for reference. I can't imagine that this would look bad on anyone to be honest, for those who are shy about red, this is your lipstick. It's definitely an autumn/winter colour in my book, although I doubt i'll stop using it along with bronzer in the summer either! Very versatile, very moisturising and very nice.

You might have noticed that I've knocked a lippy off, and that's mainly for the packaging/price point issue, it detracts from the overall package in my view, I give makeup a 5 for outstanding everything and a 4 if it's awesome but something is niggly. You might not agree but it's just FYI.

If you need yet another lipstick (we all do) then this is a good buy for sure. LSQ formulas are also amazing imho.

This is the perfect sheer red lipstick for me. The LQ lipstick formula cannot be beat-moisturizing without being greasy/oily. Good staying power as well. Very chic packaging. As for the color itself, due to it's sheerness it doesn't pull too warm or cool, letting your natural undertones come through. This is a very natural looking, daytime red. I would highly recommend this to those who are timid of wearing red in general as it makes for sufficient red lipstick training wheels.