Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin type : Normal

3.6

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

I'm very surprised at the positive reviews here. I bought this lipstick based on my desire to try a wearable red shade. I went in knowing that it would not have good longevity but was okay with that.

But what I'm not okay about is that this is NOT a red lipstick. It is a berry shade -- a nice berry shade (hence my second lippie), but I have several of those already that I like. The shade is nothing special or unique.

And what I'm also not okay with is that this lipstick, during it's short-lived time on my lips, was not at all moisturizing, as advertised.

I returned this lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Some readers here have called this a glorified lip balm, and I would tend to agree. But wow, what a lip balm it is. It does apply so smoothly and feels so luxurious I can't help but love it. A quick swipe and you really don't notice much color, but you do get a nice hit of sheer red as you build it up. I don't think the staying time is very long, but again, with the feel, the beautiful color and the lovely packaging, I love it and happily reapply. And if you apply a few swipes, you do get a more noticeable red, albeit still natural.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love the look of this lipstick-- It's just the right amount of red, adding visible color and brightening the face, without looking too formal or in-your-face red.

But I've had to stop wearing it, because it dries out my lips terribly. This happens even when I wear a lip balm under it. About 2 hours after application, the color has worn off and my lips are parched.

So, I won't be repurchasing this one.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh Poppy, I love your lipsticks. They evoke a fantasy with ease but darn it how I wish this lipstick was more red. It's so sheer I can barely detect it at all on my lips. Now I don't have overly pigmented lips or anything. Rather, this is more like a very lightly tinted balm. It is is absolutely not for a lipstick queen like myself. This is even significantly less pigmented than the saints lipsticks. Oh sigh... Such a fantasy of mine has now perished.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a lovely sheer red lipstick. It goes on me as more of a pinkish-red than a true-red, but I like it nonetheless. There is no scent or taste, and it has a balmy look and feel that gives just a hint of color (my favorite texture for a lipstick, anyways). Its not really 'buildable' so its best for a more natural look. The staying power is typical of any sheer lipstick (1-2 hrs). I am strangely attracted to the Lipstick Queen brand, as much for the stories behind the products as I am for the products themselves. This was a bit pricey for me ($20 reg price, I think), though I got it during a 20% off promo from beauty.com. This is a versatile shade thatís easy to apply & wear. I would repurchase should I ever have the need.

This is a wearable red, quite moisturizing and comfortable to wear. The lasting power isn't great, but I don't mind that. So many reds are matte and drying. This one is not. It's a natural wash of red that goes well with a fair complexion. I'd recommend it for someone's first go at a red lipstick as it is sheer and not overbearing at all. Wonderful color and product!

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I had lusted after Medieval for years. Unfortunately, it did not live up to my expectations. I have pigmented lips and Medieval just looks like tinted lip balm on me. It does not give me much color at all. Plus, it's just too much like a balm and it's either suppose to taste like rancid lipstick or I just happened to get a rancid tube. What I had in mind was a deep red stained look with some shine. Medieval did not deliver, but I suppose it was my own expectations and not Medieval itself. Still, $20 is too much to pay for tinted lipbalm. If you're looking for red-stained lips, try Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Romantic, which I also reviewed.

I like this, I really do. It's a lovely, light, red balm, basically. It lasts about 45 minutes on me. It doesn't dry out my lips, but it's not terribly moisturizing either. My favorite thing about it is the name, and the fact that if you happen to be wearing anything in a pre-renaissance color palette, you really do feel like you're in a triptych.

Ideally I'd give it a 3.5, just because it's so bloody expensive. Maybe a 3.7.

This is a great product. It is the perfect lip tint with conditioners to boot! I read about this product on Into the Gloss and decided to try sight it unseen. It didn't disappoint and has become my go to lipstick. For me, this is an everyday lipstick which adds just a hint of color. For more color, I would either layer Medieval or go to something less sheer.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I love the colour of this and it feels so good as well as getting my lips in tip top condition. The problem is that it doesn't have much staying power. On the whole it is a staple in my make-up bag though as it feels great and it goes with everything I wear and is perfect for any occasion.