Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.8

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

lovely texture and sheer application, but I just wasn't feeling the shade. Universal shades never seem to work for me. This one doesn't have enough blue in it to flatter me. And although the formula is luxurious, it's a lot of money to pay for what is essentially tinted lip balm.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because it sounded really great but as others have said, it isn't red. It's berry. And I knew it wasn't lipstick. Wanna get that out of the way first. It is nice on your lips but my Ocean Potion lipstick is just as nice if not better as it contains an SPF and I can add any color I want to it. The other thing that made me give it a not so great rating is that is does not last long and by that, I mean, before you know it, you are at the end of your tube. I am so thankful that I didn't pay full price for this lipstick. Pretty packaging, pretty tube color but other than that, it's hype.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful color (a rosey - winery red with real depth), non matte, smooth, moist lipstick BUT it doesn't last. It reminds me of Clinique's black honey in texture but in a much more flattering color or Fresh Sugar's lip balm/treatment.

I would compare this to a deeply pigmented lip balm.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree with other reviewers that this is really a glorified tinted lipbalm, but I am ok with that. I love how moisturizing it is and that I can put it on without looking. My favorite time to use Medieval is after you have worn a red lipstain for a few hours and you need some moisture on your lips. It fills in any gaps in color nicely. I think the pricepoint is pretty high considering and would really have to think twice about repurchasing.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I ordered this on a whim from Ulta. I had checked out this line previously at Barney's but wasn't really "wowed" by any of the products. What a mistake! This is my new favorite lipstick! The color is a gorgeous soft rose/red on me, it has decent staying power, and is comfortable to wear (no dryness). The only minor quibble I have is that I really don't like the tube. Looks a little on the cheap side to me. But, for a beautiful color payoff like this, I can live with it!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OMG is this lipstick amazing!
This is a tiny bit brighter than my HG ..Philosophy Passion lipstick,sadly d/cd but I have copied by 3CC....but It matched perfectly in the sheerness factor....and the formula is amazing...
Looks almost like a plastic lippie in the tube and applies beautifully...lasts longer on the lips than the Philosophy one too....
This is a cross between a sheer lipstick and a balm....whatever it is it's fantastic........
I stick with neutral taupe/beige e/s and a smudged grey blue eye pencil,natura blush,l so this is a beautiful compliment to my look without BIG RED LIPS....lol
I LOVE YOU POPPY KING!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The perfect red-tinted lip balm. Too sheer to be a lipstick. In fact there is no "coverage" whatsoever. But the perfect neutral Crayola red, it applies as a moist stick gloss. Soft. Rosy. Like strawberry stain on your lips.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i can never really decide if i like this or not. i wanted it to be moisturising with a subtle hint of colour. unfortunately it tends to dry out my lips. it does give a nice hint of colour though, and if i put a little but of paw paw ointment on top, my lips don't get too dry. i won't be repurchasing because i'm looking for something that will give both colour and moisture in one.

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The first lip product I've bought that is causing me to write a review. I would definitely buy this again, a little more than sheer, but not a red lipstick. My lip bag will not be complete without this now. My new favorite!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I thought this would be more of a wine red shade but the color seems just a little off to me. I can't put my finger on it but I have a hard time liking it. After reading all of the reviews on MUA it seems like the shade is a chameleon, wearing differently on each person. So maybe it is just my natural lip color that is not reacting well to it. I love the formula though. It is very sheer and moisturizing but doesn't have must staying power at all, even less than the Saint line. The jury is out on whether I will repurchase.