Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

"Medieval is the red that flatters all complexions. Impossible to detect as anything other than a sensual melancholic hue." Poppy King - Lipstick Queen Founder.

During medieval times, when lipstick was considered a sin, women used the natural acidity of lemons to bring forth a natural blood-red stain on their lips, which is the look that the creator of this lip tint is aiming for. I only joined the Lipstick Queen bandwagon a short while ago, but Medieval has already become my go-to lip product. This is one of those products where the shade will look different on everyone; with my fair skin and pink lips the result is a sheer pinky red, with a slight hint of plum. It gives a rich, glossy colour without being a bold shade, and it goes nicely with all of my preferred eye looks.

My lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating, as the formula is buttery and light. Having a moisturizing formula means that this product isn't very long lasting, but the concept and colour makes up for this downside for me. The price is a bit embarrassing, but I do like it enough - and wear it more then enough - to say that I'm extremely likely to buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really do like Medieval, but I said I wouldn't buy it again on here simply because of the price. It's not that it's WILDLY overpriced, but this tube would probably last me the rest of my natural life anyway, and while the color is very nice, it's not anything incredible. This formula is more like a balm; someone else compared it to Fresh's Sugar in Rose-- spot on, these two are nearly identical. I prefer Fresh Sugar's formula and scent, but I like the color and packaging of Lipstick Queen's Medieval better (I experienced the jostling-around-in-the-tube issue some other people complain of with Sugar's balms, which is the last thing I want in a balm that is so pricey!). My only real issue is that Medieval doesn't wear well. It doesn't have great staying power, but it also changes in color quite a bit from start to finish on me. Depending on how much I layer, it can start out anywhere from a soft pink to a solid red, but no matter where I start from, it eventually wears to a slightly fluorescent-ish pink that isn't too flattering to my pallor. Since I tend to apply my makeup then go, and rarely re-apply later, this is something I will save for quick evenings out instead of a day-long look.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HG!!! I love this. I think it looks very nice and does exactly what it claims to. Probably my favorite lip product right now.

The downside it that it doesnt last long. I went on vacation for a week and only brought this and one other lipstick. (I cant stand the thought of losing any so I bring a minimum). I did wear it a lot, and carried it with me and reapplied throughout the day. (staying power is expectantly weak) But boy am I regretting that, in that one week I got through more lipstick than I have in any of my other tubes of lipstick. Like MAC lipsticks..you wear them often but still it doesnt seem to go down in the tube...Medieval goes more like a lipbalm which I guess makes since.

If you go into the purchase knowing its more like a tinted lipbalm in terms of color, staying power, and longevity you will be pleasantly surprised. It is really so, so beautiful. But if you go into it expecting a lot of opaque color, or a lipstick staying power you may be disappointed. It has enough color to change your lip color and its obvious to me that I'm wearing something but others may think I just have naturally red lips. I am trying to wear it minimally because I dont want to run out, but when I do I will definitely repurchase.

Popular Lipsticks