Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin type : Other

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

This is "only" USD$25 but I got it recently highly discounted for Ulta 21 Days of March 2016 beauty. I loved it I got lucky I guess ordering Medieval & FrogPrince never having even heard about (blind buy off Ulta.com FrogPrince was full retail $25 & Medieval was half priced), wish I had picked up another Medieval I put yes to rebuy but wow $25 is up there w my most expensive lippies eg Chanel, Urban Decay, EL, Clinique & MAC are my fave HE lippies & now these! I've started a LQ addiction ...go me!). This is dupe able by Bonne Bell Dr Pepper lipsmacker but LQ has a better color pay off, better color & is my "grown" self's Dr Pepper lipsmacker! It was an extremely satisfying blind buy, buy a Dr Pepper for your kid sister & a Medieval for yourself & ur mother. This does not have a long last to it, u will guaranteed have to reapply so make sure u pack it in ur purse for the day ur wearing it! I'm a sucker for mood lipsticks like medieval/FrogPrince LQ, Smashbox both "O" versions, LA Colors makes a gloss dupe for Smashbox; I had a generic mood lipstick for a $1 buck from dollar free I lost :-( , & have on order a Sephora mood gloss. I know it's not really the mood it's body chemistry & I'm easily amused but I love these kinda products. I get a real a real kick out of getting my own personalized color.

I really like Medieval. A lot. But after my divorce, I was unable to afford spending over twenty dollars on what is basically a tinted balm...even if it is a really perfect color and consistency. It is not a lipstick, and can be swept onto the lips without a mirror. If I'm able to afford it again, I may purchase it as a splurge when I run out of my last tube, but I have found that a good sweep of lip balm and a very light touch of NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear in Sheer Red is just about a perfect match. Not as convenient, but at 1/22 the price, I'll take it. If the price is not a concern, though, Medieval is great!

The texture is very much like a tinted lip balm and is comfortable to wear, but the color and texture are not particularly special, especially for the price. It's a sheer neutral red that doesn't layer to get any more opaque. I think it is easily replaced with Revlon lip butter in Red Velvet, which can be sheered out or layered, or by any red-tinted lip balm.

The perfect product, extremely versatile and just a beautiful sturdy packaging. Wearing just a swipe of it can brighten the face (or brightens ones mood too :) and it can be easily build up to a true red for special occasions. For daily use, even a very small amount conditions the lips, and whats so unique is that the color sinks into the lips giving a very natural flush that lasts a long time almost like a stain, without the characteristics that some may have with traditional lipsticks ie tackiness, cakeyness, being afraid it's going to come off that can make you feel conscious of it. Absolutely worth every cent! Hope to keep this as a staple for a long time.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Had read about this product and then saw it in Ulta. I really love it. I am a fan of "sheer" color versus bold color and I like something that "stains" as it wears off versus leaving me with "ring around the mouth". This product meets these criteria. It's a flattering, berry shade of red and leaves behind a subtle red stain as it wears off. Easy to apply and is becoming my "go to" product. I like the packaging - simple, not too big or bulky. Another reviewer mentioned the Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey as a better option but I would disagree. I found the Clinique product wore off and left nothing behind so I had to constantly re-apply. This product is one I will definitely buy again.

This lip product is versatile enough for every situation I'm in, looks natural and complements my NC15-20 coloring nicely.

I've had a hard time finding a lip color that looks great on my pale complexion, and isn't too dark or bright. If you have a skin tone like mine and can't find a good shade, try this!

I love this. HG status for me, and I'm sure for you too...unless you have very dark pigmented lips. The color imparted is similar to what your lips would look like after eatin luscious berries. The texture: reminds me of Club Monaco's Glaze lipstick, in-between a balm and a lipstick. I would say this is a lip tint, and moisturizing to boot. Gives your lips a nice natural boost, and makes them more "pouty" if that was a word. Run, don't walk, to try this beauty of a product. I got mine at Anthroplogie.

More berry than red on my pigmented lips, and I hate berry shades. The texture is to die for and so I'm very sad about this... will try with a brownish/brick toned liner to see if i can tone it down, but the beauty of a sheer, emollient l/s like this is just to swipe it on with no liner or skill needed. Oh well.

Though I agree with all the positives regarding this lipstick I have to say the colour is not good on my deepish warm toned complexion. My lips are very pigmented and this blue toned red emphasizes the purplish tones in my lips. Oh how I wanted this to make this work, I am just too tanned and cannot pull it off, not surprising really as I do not fit the Medieval aesthetic, though I wish I could......

I LOVE this product. It imparts a subtle, very moisturizing wine/pinky red stain. The packaging is divine - a brushed wine case and super funky illustrations on the outside packaging that you'll want to hand onto. To me this is what Benetint ought to be.