Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.4

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

lovely texture and sheer application, but I just wasn't feeling the shade. Universal shades never seem to work for me. This one doesn't have enough blue in it to flatter me. And although the formula is luxurious, it's a lot of money to pay for what is essentially tinted lip balm.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I really like this lip color, and I've found that (for me) the best way to apply it is to lightly dab it onto the lips until you build up the shade you want. The first time I applied it, I smeared it all over my lips in a heavy coat and was horrified when it came out looking hot pink and patchy. However, when I dab it onto my lips lightly, it looks lovely; it's hard to describe the color. It's definitely not a true red, or a coral, or a pink; it's kind of a mixture of all three. It's not too bright; it's muted, which is what I prefer in lip colors. It has a very similar texture to Frog Prince--light, balmy, moisturizing, and sheer yet pigmented. However, it doesn't stain your lips like Frog Prince does, so after a few hours you have to reapply. For that reason, I think it's slightly overpriced, but the unique color and formula make it worthwhile for me.

I love this! I'm on my second tube and will continue to buy it as a staple unless LQ reformulates it!

If you buy it expecting a "lipstick," you'll be disappointed. I'd really call it more of a tinted balm--it's VERY sheer on me. It's so sheer that I don't need a mirror to apply it; I just use it like a chapstick. I love it for no-makeup days when I want to look like I didn't just roll out of bed, and I love it with full eyes also.

It has what I consider the perfect balance of sheerness and moist texture. Some sheers are too slippery/oily, but this stays on my lips without sliding around or collecting in weird globs like some glosses can.

It is also very moisturizing on me. Many lip products make my often-chapped lips worse.

It's on the expensive side, but I've never found anything like it.

My most recently bought tube says "Made in Canada," which I like. (I won't pay premium prices for makeup that's made in China.)

The packaging could be sexier, I guess. It's a basic lipstick tube. The box it comes in is gorgeous, though!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was reluctant to spend the $$$ on this because I was afraid I would like it too much...and I do. Now I am going to have to hunt it down and repurchase when I run out, and I am going to HAVE TO try some other Lipstick Queen lippies too. Sigh.

Poor wallet.

This is a wonderful sheer, but moderately buildable, subtle red. It feels soft and luxe on the lips. It doesn't have a lot of staying power, but leaves behind a lovely, even, reddish flush as it fades. For me it is the absolutely perfect daytime red, but sheer and subtle are the key words here.

Medieval is marketed as being the perfect sheer red for all skin tones. I found it to be kind of an unflattering bright orangey-red on me. For a sheer lipstick I found the formula to be surprisingly drying and not at all long-lasting. I bought it mainly because I believed the advertising. There are similar colours and better formulas out there without the price tag that comes with a heavily marketed indie hipness factor. I like the metal tube and the visual design of the packaging, though.

This is the sheer red I've been waiting my whole life for! You know the color you used to get on your lips after eating a cherry popsicle when you were younger? This looks EXACTLY like that. It applies like a tinted balm, as many have already said, but the color is more noticeable and lasts longer than most tinted balms I've tried. If you're looking for major drama red lips, this won't do it for you. Personally, I LOVE how sheer this is - my natural lips show through, but they have the prettiest red tint to them. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This lipstick is very moisturizing and is packed with pigment. It's a fun color to wear day-to-day.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I agree with other reviewers that this is really a glorified tinted lipbalm, but I am ok with that. I love how moisturizing it is and that I can put it on without looking. My favorite time to use Medieval is after you have worn a red lipstain for a few hours and you need some moisture on your lips. It fills in any gaps in color nicely. I think the pricepoint is pretty high considering and would really have to think twice about repurchasing.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

"Medieval is the red that flatters all complexions. Impossible to detect as anything other than a sensual melancholic hue." Poppy King - Lipstick Queen Founder.

During medieval times, when lipstick was considered a sin, women used the natural acidity of lemons to bring forth a natural blood-red stain on their lips, which is the look that the creator of this lip tint is aiming for. I only joined the Lipstick Queen bandwagon a short while ago, but Medieval has already become my go-to lip product. This is one of those products where the shade will look different on everyone; with my fair skin and pink lips the result is a sheer pinky red, with a slight hint of plum. It gives a rich, glossy colour without being a bold shade, and it goes nicely with all of my preferred eye looks.

My lips have been kept hydrated and flake free during cold weather and central heating, as the formula is buttery and light. Having a moisturizing formula means that this product isn't very long lasting, but the concept and colour makes up for this downside for me. The price is a bit embarrassing, but I do like it enough - and wear it more then enough - to say that I'm extremely likely to buy it again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this lipstick! Such a perfect, subdued red. I apply lightly and can wear it at the office. Apply an extra coat or two and I'm ok for happy hour in a dark bar.

Not drying at all. If anything it seems to leave my lips feeling better.

Wears great. I get several hours of full color and then it slowly starts to fade, but it fades very nicely/evenly. Doesn't disappear in the middle or settle into cracks.

I'm not a huge fan of the smell... It smells like clinique lipstick (which both my mom and grandma used so to me, is just a classic lipstick smell). I prefer lip treatments with a slightly sweet/fruity/vanillay smell. It doesn't smell bad (or strongly!). No taste either.

Its a bit on the pricey side $22 or so for a regular sized tube. Have to say the tube did last me a bit longer than I thought it would, which helped cushion/justify the cost. Will definitely repurchase, but wish it were a tiny bit cheaper.