Lipstick Queen Medieval

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

I'm very surprised at the positive reviews here. I bought this lipstick based on my desire to try a wearable red shade. I went in knowing that it would not have good longevity but was okay with that.

But what I'm not okay about is that this is NOT a red lipstick. It is a berry shade -- a nice berry shade (hence my second lippie), but I have several of those already that I like. The shade is nothing special or unique.

And what I'm also not okay with is that this lipstick, during it's short-lived time on my lips, was not at all moisturizing, as advertised.

I returned this lipstick.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

After several disappointments with lipstick turning purple, I decided to turn to the queen, Lipstick Queen! I placed an Ulta order with a Cargo neutral palette (great!), Black Lace Rabbit, and Medieval, which I have been looking forward to trying. It's so soft, with a hint of a tint. It's beautiful, casual, balmy. I don't find it buildable, but with my coloring, that's understandable. It doesn't build to the blonde's coloring on the LQ website. Because i used $20 points on the order, I will keep it. Feels great, lasts 2 hours, and has a nice feel. It will come in handy in casual situations.
Later ordered Saints rouge, deep red, wine. Reviews coming soon.
Black Lace Rabbit? It's too compelling to send back. My inner kinda-goth girl loves it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been wearing Medieval for too many years to count & I love it just as much as I did the day I discovered it.
It's a gorgeous sheer red that is easily buildable to a deeper red. This was the first true red I ever felt comfortable wearing & it looks just as perfect with a full face of makeup as it does with No makeup at all.
It's moisturizing and while it is NOT tenacious at all, it does leave behind a soft red tint. Like Hello Sailor, I do have to reapply this often, but that is the only negative...well, I also wish it was cheaper but I love Medieval & will continue to purchase this forever. Highly recommend.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful color (a rosey - winery red with real depth), non matte, smooth, moist lipstick BUT it doesn't last. It reminds me of Clinique's black honey in texture but in a much more flattering color or Fresh Sugar's lip balm/treatment.

I would compare this to a deeply pigmented lip balm.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

If you're reading this to influence your choice to take the plunge and purchase this lipstick, my goal is to make you feel great about spending a little more than most of us are comfortable with for such an item.

I own more lipstick than I care to admit, and I think that's likely because I'm always in search of that ONE that I can't live without. I think this is the one!

Obtaining natural-looking lips is always a challenge, one that seems should not be so hard. Lipstick Queen has done it. This is a beautiful, natural, sheer red tinted lipstick with a medium degree of shine. For me, one coat was hardly noticeable. But with two more swipes I was in love! The ability to easily control the degree of pigment during initial application is a treat.

Also, I think it would be an excellent top coat for a darker pigmented lipstick if desired!

Not for those wanting a traditional lipstick look. But if you're a natural looking kind of person, buy it asap!

For a little longer last, use with Sealed with a Kiss Lipstick Fixator. I'm having great results!

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was reluctant to spend the $$$ on this because I was afraid I would like it too much...and I do. Now I am going to have to hunt it down and repurchase when I run out, and I am going to HAVE TO try some other Lipstick Queen lippies too. Sigh.

Poor wallet.

This is a wonderful sheer, but moderately buildable, subtle red. It feels soft and luxe on the lips. It doesn't have a lot of staying power, but leaves behind a lovely, even, reddish flush as it fades. For me it is the absolutely perfect daytime red, but sheer and subtle are the key words here.

Medieval is marketed as being the perfect sheer red for all skin tones. I found it to be kind of an unflattering bright orangey-red on me. For a sheer lipstick I found the formula to be surprisingly drying and not at all long-lasting. I bought it mainly because I believed the advertising. There are similar colours and better formulas out there without the price tag that comes with a heavily marketed indie hipness factor. I like the metal tube and the visual design of the packaging, though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is "only" USD$25 but I got it recently highly discounted for Ulta 21 Days of March 2016 beauty. I loved it I got lucky I guess ordering Medieval & FrogPrince never having even heard about (blind buy off Ulta.com FrogPrince was full retail $25 & Medieval was half priced), wish I had picked up another Medieval I put yes to rebuy but wow $25 is up there w my most expensive lippies eg Chanel, Urban Decay, EL, Clinique & MAC are my fave HE lippies & now these! I've started a LQ addiction ...go me!). This is dupe able by Bonne Bell Dr Pepper lipsmacker but LQ has a better color pay off, better color & is my "grown" self's Dr Pepper lipsmacker! It was an extremely satisfying blind buy, buy a Dr Pepper for your kid sister & a Medieval for yourself & ur mother. This does not have a long last to it, u will guaranteed have to reapply so make sure u pack it in ur purse for the day ur wearing it! I'm a sucker for mood lipsticks like medieval/FrogPrince LQ, Smashbox both "O" versions, LA Colors makes a gloss dupe for Smashbox; I had a generic mood lipstick for a $1 buck from dollar free I lost :-( , & have on order a Sephora mood gloss. I know it's not really the mood it's body chemistry & I'm easily amused but I love these kinda products. I get a real a real kick out of getting my own personalized color.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I live in tropical Darwin and can be walking around outside throughout the workday in 30* C without a handbag, so I need to be able to have a lipstick in my pocket. Medieval survives the day! Not only does it survive it gives a great sheer flush of natural deep pink to my lips. Which has surprising staying power. Definitely much better than a balm.

I have also used it over sinner pink and it deepens the pink to a warm, rosey shade with a touch of shine.

Thank you Poppy I am so happy you are back.

This color is just gorgeous! I am always looking for a MLBB balm or stain, and having put off buying this for 6 years due to price, I finally caved. My lips naturally don't have any color, and I have to wear something to look lively. I have been using Lipsmackers for the tint. I would describe this as a grown up Dr. Pepper Lipsmackers+, because it actually shows up more, and is just as moisturizing with vitamin E. This is a new Holy Grail for me! Makes my lips look juicy and "just bitten".