Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by age: 56 & Over

3.7

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

I’m on my 4th or 5th one - have been using it for several years. It is very sheer and more like a stain but the texture is smooth without being greasy. Also it has no smell which is a plus. There’s nothing worse than perfumey lipstick! It is on the pricey side - which is preventing me from having a bunch of them to keep in coat pockets, at work, in the car...

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

lovely texture and sheer application, but I just wasn't feeling the shade. Universal shades never seem to work for me. This one doesn't have enough blue in it to flatter me. And although the formula is luxurious, it's a lot of money to pay for what is essentially tinted lip balm.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this because it sounded really great but as others have said, it isn't red. It's berry. And I knew it wasn't lipstick. Wanna get that out of the way first. It is nice on your lips but my Ocean Potion lipstick is just as nice if not better as it contains an SPF and I can add any color I want to it. The other thing that made me give it a not so great rating is that is does not last long and by that, I mean, before you know it, you are at the end of your tube. I am so thankful that I didn't pay full price for this lipstick. Pretty packaging, pretty tube color but other than that, it's hype.

I love this! I'm on my second tube and will continue to buy it as a staple unless LQ reformulates it!

If you buy it expecting a "lipstick," you'll be disappointed. I'd really call it more of a tinted balm--it's VERY sheer on me. It's so sheer that I don't need a mirror to apply it; I just use it like a chapstick. I love it for no-makeup days when I want to look like I didn't just roll out of bed, and I love it with full eyes also.

It has what I consider the perfect balance of sheerness and moist texture. Some sheers are too slippery/oily, but this stays on my lips without sliding around or collecting in weird globs like some glosses can.

It is also very moisturizing on me. Many lip products make my often-chapped lips worse.

It's on the expensive side, but I've never found anything like it.

My most recently bought tube says "Made in Canada," which I like. (I won't pay premium prices for makeup that's made in China.)

The packaging could be sexier, I guess. It's a basic lipstick tube. The box it comes in is gorgeous, though!

I'm very surprised at the positive reviews here. I bought this lipstick based on my desire to try a wearable red shade. I went in knowing that it would not have good longevity but was okay with that.

But what I'm not okay about is that this is NOT a red lipstick. It is a berry shade -- a nice berry shade (hence my second lippie), but I have several of those already that I like. The shade is nothing special or unique.

And what I'm also not okay with is that this lipstick, during it's short-lived time on my lips, was not at all moisturizing, as advertised.

I returned this lipstick.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

OMG is this lipstick amazing!
This is a tiny bit brighter than my HG ..Philosophy Passion lipstick,sadly d/cd but I have copied by 3CC....but It matched perfectly in the sheerness factor....and the formula is amazing...
Looks almost like a plastic lippie in the tube and applies beautifully...lasts longer on the lips than the Philosophy one too....
This is a cross between a sheer lipstick and a balm....whatever it is it's fantastic........
I stick with neutral taupe/beige e/s and a smudged grey blue eye pencil,natura blush,l so this is a beautiful compliment to my look without BIG RED LIPS....lol
I LOVE YOU POPPY KING!

I have a very hard time finding flattering lipsticks - I'm 62; dark lipsticks look harsh and aging, pale lipsticks leave me looking washed out. Lipstick Queen in Medieval is one of the few lipsticks I've tried that's actually wearable. It's the only one I've found that's MLBB, and the only one I can wear with red clothing. The only catch is that it darkens quite a bit by an hour after I've applied it, so I apply very lightly. Also, I can't get away with wearing this lipstick and no other makeup - I definitely have to wear blush, or it looks a little harsh. Finally, it looks and feels better on me with a topcoat of clear gloss or balm.