Lipstick Queen Medieval

Filtered by age: 18 & Under

4.3

(from packaging): phenyl trimethicone, silica, nylon-12, octyldodecanol, ozokerite, butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, methyl methacrylate/glycol dimethacrylate crosspolymer, euphorbia cerifera (candelilla) wax, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, polyisobutene, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, beeswax (cera alba), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, vegetable oil, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, limnanthes alba (meadowfoam) seed oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil, salix nigra (willow) bark extract, actinidia chinensis (kiwi) fruit extract, honey extract, vinis vitefera (grape) fruit extract, camelia oleifera (tea) leaf extract, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, butylene glycol, water (aqua), microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 20, butylparaben, propylparaben, iron oxides (CI 77499). (from website): RICINUS COMMUNIS (CASTOR) SEED OIL CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE VEGETABLE OIL EUPHORBIA CERIFERA (CANDELILLA) WAX BEESWAX (CERA ALBA) ETHYHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE OZOKERITE BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA BUTTER) TOCOPHERYL ACETATE HYROGENATED VEGETABLE OIL HELIANTHUS ANNUUS (SUNFLOWER) SEED OIL LIMANANTHES ALBA (MEADOWFOAM) SEED OIL MANGIFERA INDICA (MANGO) SEED BUTTER HYDROGENEATED OLIVE OIL BENZOPHONONE-3 ISOPROPYLPARABEN ISIBUTYLPARABEN BUTYLPARABEN IRON OXIDES 77491 IRON OXIDES 77492 IRON OXIDES 77499 RED 7 LAKE 15850 RED 33 LAKE 17200 YELLOW 5 LAKE 19140

I don't know why so many people are saying this is just a coloured lipbalm! It is fairly sheer, but it has far more pigment than any lip balm I've ever seen and isn't really as moisturising as one.

Price and packaging: I bought this for 19.50 from SpaceNK (I live in England but the product is the same.) This is very expensive for a lipstick, but I truly think it's the best out there that I've found. The packaging is very nice too, plastic holding it onto a card with the Biblical scene of Eve and the apple tree printed on it, but upside down. This symbolizes how upside down our world has become. Each element of the picture symbolizes something, which you can see on http://www.lipstickqueen.com/product_frame.htm It adds a bit of unusualness to the lipstick! As to the casing of the actual product, it is a shiny metal casing that is very durable and feels satisfyingly heavy to hold. It certainly won't get broken or scratched in your makeup bag. Lipstick Queen in gold letters is on the lid, and on the bottom is a little sticker that gives the name, the weight, the brand and an identifying number stamped on.

Scent and appearance:

Amazingly, this has no scent whatsoever. Amazing! If you like a scent in a lipstick, that's fine, but scent is a very personal thing and what one person likes,another will hate. Lipstick Queen has done the sensible thing here I think. As to appearance, it's a standard bullet shape.

How to use and my opinion:

I always pop on a little balm (Lush Lip Service) before any lipstick, but the one time I tried it without it went on perfectly. This is how I do all my lipstick:

1) Apply balm.

2) Apply layer of lipstick. Blot with cotton pad.

3) Apply another layer. Blot with cotton pad.

4) Apply coating of Lipcote (keeps lipstick on)

And done! This stays on all day as far as I've noticed. If it does wear off, it does so all over, and doesn't leave a ring around my lips.This is definitely my go-to l/s of a morning. It adds colour to my pale skin, and I usually wear it with a dusting of blusher and powder and a neutral brown eye. Great for work or school.If it ever runs out, I will buy again immediately. An HG I think!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Normally I'm a benetint kind of girl but I heard about this and was intrigued. The packaging is pretty, and the tube is very nice looking. The price of it though is a little ridiculous, especially considering that the tube isnt that big. It is definetly brighter than benetint which I wanted, but when applied more than two times it looks frankly, kind of cheap. Buuuut I love how it wears down to a stain that it even and very flattering.

After waiting for this to arrive in Australia for months, I finally purchased it, hoping to get a lipstick which would give the effect of my lips looking "bitten/blood stained" in a subtle, sheer way.

I have to say I'm quite disappointed. The consistency is very smooth, like a tinted lip balm, but rubs off almost immediately without a tint at all, and it seems to mingle with my naturally pigmented pink lips so it's all too flushed as opposed to a pop of colour. I payed around $40 AU for it but I have to say it did not deliver, too pinky for me!

I will praise the packaging though, so lovely but I won't be repurchasing.

This is a gorgeous product in perfect packaging. I honestly plan to save the card it comes packaged with as it is a piece of art. Medieval is a very buildable, sheer color so I think it would be suitable for any skin tone. It really can give you those gorgeous rosy and full lips. I wouldn't classify it as a stain because the staying power isn't great, but it doesn't rub off on a drink. Also, it is very moisturizing and contains Vitamin E.