L'Oreal So Delice in Gingerbread (#810)

No Image

4.4

on 8/11/2008 10:34:00 PM

This is a really good neutral shade for those with pigmented lips. It's a pinky brown color (slightly more brown than pink), sheer but not too sheer, with a pleasing hint of shine (and no shimmer or frost, fortunately) and a comfortable, balmy texture. Nice, no-brainer, everyday, goes-with-everything color. I did not like the weird artificial fruity-chewing-gum scent or whatever it is, though it's nicer than the artificial waxy-rose-plastic scent that graces most of L'Oreal's lipsticks. Too bad these were continued. I think they were quality stuff for the price.

on 4/5/2008 9:59:00 PM

This was on of my favorite lipsticks ever. The color was fabulous, and it looked great. I so wish they had not discontinued it, I haven't found anything to replace it!

on 2/2/2005 6:38:00 PM

Love the smell and the sheer, light texture. This lipstick is a gorgeous pinky-terracotta and really warms up the complexion. One of my favorites!

on 1/12/2006 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is the perfect YLBB shade that brightens up my face. The formula is light and glossy, with a non-offensive fruity scent. I usually prefer glosses to lipsticks, but I am in love with this. Discontinuing this line was a shame.

on 6/13/2005 11:24:00 PM

I recently rediscovered this, only to find out this line has been discontinued :( I cant seem to pull off dark or very pigmented lipstick colors, so I love the Shine Delice range as they are so sheer. Gingerbread is one of my favorites it comes up as a browny-rose pink on me that when applied sheer is a YLBB shade. If you reapply over and over it becomes more pigmented and is quite a pretty brown/rose color. It has a pleasant smell and a big plus for me is that its very moisturizing almost feels as if youve applied balm or a treatment.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This lipstick is a winner. It is a wonderful nude(medium warm-brown) shade for my DDD complexion (nw43/ Iman Clay6). I love the texture too; shiny & sheer. I hate that it is discontined.

on 3/15/2004 10:58:00 PM

I purchased this lippie on the recs of MUAers here. The color is a very pretty warm peachy pinky brown on my moderately pigmented lips. It has a nice shine and wears well for a shiny lipstick. The scent is not unlike Mac's. I was a bit disappointed with the opacity of this product. It doesn't qualify as a sheer lipstick IMHO, so a lippie was deducted for this oversight.

Price at my local Superstore was a mere $5.98 so I will continue repurchasing Shine Delice lipsticks in the future.

on 5/2/2004 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Nice shiny brownish nude that enhanced my lips and made me look finished but not overdone. I like the texture, but it definitely needed to be worn with a liner, or it clashed a bit with the tint of my lips.

on 3/12/2004 2:14:00 PM

I really like this lipstick. It is YLBB...I bought a shiseido lipstick not long ago (Mellow Copper-#16)--which was, of course, pretty expensive (probably around $20) but Gingerbread looks almost exactly the same-but better! So if anyone is looking for a nudish/brownish color, go for this. It's cheap and the color is great (I'm a MMM). Sadly they are being discontinued. :( why oh why

on 12/20/2004 12:47:00 PM

For some reason, I am the only person this color did not work for. It's just a dark, muddy, pink-brown on me. It does have a nice finish though, meaning that you can barely feel in on your lips, and it smells really good. *Update* Aha! I used a lipbrush to apply this and now it looks great - it really is a ylbb pinky-brown if you don't apply it too heavily. Still a little too brown for my tastes, but I understand what everyone's raving about now.