4.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

8 years ago

Rave is a beautiful shimmery, sparkly purple liner. It really makes my blue eyes pop. The texture, as with all Mac Pearlglides, is lovely and smooth. When Mac re-promotes this one I will repurchase!

About reviewer (104 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

9 years ago

Wonderful! Pretty purple colour with slight shimmer, and very smooth to apply.

About reviewer (623 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

yes i would buy this product again if given a good chance before it disappears on the market. pro: 1 - nice stay. it does not move/melt/disappear/crease on me at all. i love it for its staying power, it's definitely long wearing. sits there for more than 8 hours (fyi, i don't use primer but i use a little bit loose powder to set my foundation, and also i put Rave on top of my blackest khol powder so maybe that's why it doesn't crease at all) 2 - good intense color - real true purple. without having too much blue or red element. just purplish-purple. with some small pearl glitters, but not the 15 y/o glitter, not too tacky, that i can cope with these glitters. 3 - easy to line - glide on smoothly. like a dream. butter cream texture. clear crisp and clean line. no tug on the sensitive eye area. con: pencil length is shorter than other eyeliners, as well as some of the others from MAC, so they are getting more and more frugal or what? and plus consuming super fast. because the pencil is very soft textured. you get to use a lot of the pencil per application.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Curly, Fine

EyesBlack

10 years ago

I got this item as part of a charity package from the MAC Warehouse Sale in Toronto in March. This is honestly such a great product that does not smudge whatsoever. It lasted on my lids (with the help of an eyeshadow primer) during an 18 hour day. I didn't even need to set it with eyeshadow. I don't like how MAC claims that you can blend this because it is actually very hard to blend to create an even base. Instead you are moving the sparkles. I tried this on my waterline and it did last a good 2-3 hours but please be careful if you use it on your waterline. MAC does not deem it safe since there are particles in the eyeliner. If you do use it there, make sure you use a cotton swab with eye makeup remover at night to get rid of all the reminiscent, even if you think it migrated to your lower lash line. The colour of this eyeliner is actually a black-purple with fushia sparkles that makes it look purple. Since the sparkles are so concentrated, it looks more purple than it really is. A lot of people compare this to Urban Decay 24/7 Eye Pencils, so I decided to do a test and compare the two. If you're interested in the video of the test, here it is: <object onclick="ga('send', {hitType: 'event',eventCategory: 'Ajax Interaction',eventAction: 'PlayVideo',eventLabel: ''});" width="360" height="320"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SxkG8NpKgKI"><param name="wmode" value="transparent"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SxkG8NpKgKI" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="360" height="320"></object>

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Other, Other

10 years ago

*UPDATE* 1/7/2010 Okay so I tried this at my sisy's &amp; then placed Shelaq over it.....&amp; this baby beautiful purple beaut never budge so I've since repurchased &amp; gave it 1 more lippy.....I still won't repurchase since I wanna try UD 24/7!!!!!!!!! Rave is a beautiful deep purple w/non-gritty small glitter...purchased it right along w/Bankroll....went home &amp; placed Bankroll on the lower left lashline &amp; Rave on the lower right lashline w/o any primer and went about my day....7/8 hrs later Rave budged &amp; disappeared/color diminished and was left w/sparkles especially near tear duct...Bankroll DID NOT budge/diminish STAYED VIBRANT...returned Rave the next day!!!!

About reviewer (183 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairOther, Wavy, Coarse

10 years ago

this is a beautiful rich purple eyeliner. i am nw43 in mac so what i do is draw a thick line thend a thin black line with my eyelner gel in blacktrap. it lasts all day. it gives my eyes some color and pop stands out and lasts. it's a great way to play with colored eyeliner. as others have said i wish they were permanent. i bought two because the mac girl scared me by telling me they were limited edition. i love this color with my purple shadows. especially satellite dreams. again the thin line of gel liner makes this perfect look.

About reviewer (369 reviews)

Age

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairBrown, Kinky, Coarse

10 years ago

Beautiful shade of purple! I love the finish, the depth of the color, and the smoothness of application. I bought a backup of this one I had to, I love how it lasts all day!

About reviewer (174 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Dark, Neutral

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

10 years ago

how did i not know about this color until today?? OMG!!! So I went to MAC looking for a purple/plum eyeliner, finally the MUA asked me what I was looking for and I told her..and what did she do? SHE SHOWED ME THIS BEAUTIFUL COLOR...I was mezmerized by the BEAUTIFUL color that is is..is the PERFECT purple..not plum PURPLE real purple!! LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEE it!!! I am going back for more and more!!

About reviewer (397 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

10 years ago

Like my other review,I just got my Mac order in! I was able to get Rave before they ran out on the Mac website,alone with Fashion Groupe Eyeshadow, (other review) I am in love with all the Pearlglides This one is a beutiful true and deep purple amazing with any brown or purple tone eyeshadows.The sparkle makes it so unique compared to other eyeliners, also the smooth texture these eyeliners provide! you cant go wrong! if you are still able to get your hands on them, get them while they last, they are Limited Edition, they were repromoted lucky us! They originaly came out last summer I believe alone with the Cult of Cherry collection 2008.

About reviewer (193 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

10 years ago

Oh I wish I wish I wish Pearlglides were permanent!!! They would become almost the only eyeliners I would use! As it is I save them for special occasions. At any rate this is the most beautiful purple colour that I have seen, deep, rich, sparkly (but not OTT), it's deeper and richer than Permaplum, almost like a very deep dark violet. Pearlglides are the smoothest eyeliners ever but at the same time they have as great a lasting power as the most lasting eyeliners that I've tried (unlike the Kohl Power ones, which were also smooth and creamy but constantly need to be retouched!).

About reviewer (438 reviews)

Age30-35