Artistry Iconic Elegance Palette

Artistry Iconic Elegance Palette

1 review

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I got this cute palette from the Fall 2008 collection in "Inspired" (the other is "Timeless"). Inspired features four powder eyeshadows: one dark grey ("Graphic"), one purple ("Draped"), one light blue ("Glacier") and one bright white ("Starry Night") plus three lip creams and one cream blush. I'm honest, I bought this palette mainly because I wanted to get my greedy little paws on the eyeshadows. Artistry did not let me down, even though I was very disappointed by their foundation and mascara. I guess, hope dies last.

The eyeshadows are amazingly pigmented and really creamy in texture, even though they're powder e/s. Applying them to the lid is really easy and blending is not a real problem either, except maybe with "Graphic" because it's such a dark colour and my base just works too well and holds onto any colour too well ;) After a bit of fiddling, however, I got the look done according to Artistry's homepage and suggestion. As it is, this palette makes a perfect smokey eye combination, even though it features two really bright colours. They all come out amazingly well once applied and I am really happy with this. As suggested, I also applied "Starry Night" as a highlighter right above the apples of my cheeks. It works like a charm. All e/s are shimmery, though "Drape" comes out almost matte.

I applied the cream cheek colour as well and I was surprised at how well this can be applied onto the cheeks and then blended out. Really cool.

The little brush is also of really good quality, though I only used this for the "Graphic" e/s.

As a result I can only say, that I'm totally happy with this, it added a few e/s colours that I didn't have yet in my collection and it's certainly a cute little companion for weekend trips when you don't want to bring the entire collection ;) After my many ups and downs with Artistry's Make-up, this is certainly a great investment and I'm happy I made it.

Since this is a L.E., it's probably pointless to want to buy this again, but if I could, I would.