Pacifica Tibetan Mountain Temple

No Image

3.5

on 3/30/2011 8:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I cant help but wonder if I got a dud candle. I bought the medium size for $22CAD. I already own the Solid perfume as well as the spray on version. I absolutely adore the scent of Tibetan Mountain Temple. I find the combination of vetiver root, patchouli, ginger, and orange rinds to be exotic and soothing. I decided to buy the candle version to complete my collection so I could not only enjoy it on myself, but in my room as well. The candles are hand made using soy way and lead free wicks for a clean and environmentally friendly burn. I also know that the Pacifica candles are its top sellers and what made the company so successful- so I was really expecting great quality. Unfortunately, I was left disappointed with my candle.

The candle smells like a lighter version of the original perfume. However as soon as you burn it- it smells nothing like it at all. I could pick up the ginger with an incense undertone- but that was it. Not to mention the scent was light and uninteresting- the beautiful blend of fragrance that I initially fell in love with was not there. It smelt very smoky and woodsy, not warm and cozy like my beloved perfume. Additionally, my wick burned to quickly- I had 2/3 of wax still left and completely wasted. It looked like a gofer had tunneled down my candle! This might be why the scent throw (and scent overall) was so poor- because hardly any of it actually burned. Lastly, the entire thing only lasted for about 8 hours worth of burning time. Not 50. I will stay loyal to the perfume, but Ill skip this product. I will, however, give another candle from the line a try (next time votive size). Even if this was a dud- its still disappointing, and perhaps suggests that there needs to be stricter quality control procedures.
Happy Shopping.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Tibetan Mountain Temple is a warm, sweet and spicy blend of patchouli, vetiver, ginger and orange. When I purchased the candle (votive) I loved it for how wonderfully cozy it smelled. I didn't know what scents were used until I looked it up. I was surprised when I discovered this combination. I don't get the patchouli at all. It also doesn't smell citrusy or really herbal. To me, this candle smells more 'homey' than exotic. I melted the votive in my burner and I experienced a scent somewhere between chai tea and baked oatmeal cinnamon raisin cookies. It was warm and rich with a balanced sweetness, but without the heavy sugary edge that's typical in foodie/bakery candles. I'm already planning a larger haul of these because it really seems like the perfect fall/winter candle.

Popular Candles