NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

on 5/24/2018 2:34:00 AM

It's too bad this has been discontinued. This is great value for the money and it works really well as a cool/neutral toned contour powder. I'm glad I bought a couple of spares. It's also small packaging, which makes it perfect for traveling. It's a really nice shade and it's very easy to blend. You can use a light hand and add more as you need.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not on contour on me. The HD version also does’t work as contour on me. On my olive/ochre/sallow skin, I get a lot of pink and red undertones so this is more of a cool toned blush on me. I really love how well it blends and how little I need to get a natural flush since on my skintone it can sometimes be a bit too easy to overdo blush.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Perfect. Compact, great and cool toned. Not obviously orange like Hoola. Cheap as hell. Sturdy case. No complaints here.

on 10/13/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been trying to find a replacement for strada since mac discontinued and this is it. it is a bit darker than strada on me but that is not a bad thing as i had to really pile on strada to get it to show up. a perfect nude, contour on my nc20 skin. love it! also it's lasting power is great. at least 5 hours on me

on 11/21/2010 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the best contour color I have ever found. Unlike everything else I tried before this has no orange in it at all and zero shimmer. I own Hoola by Benefit, Harmony blush by MAC, Suntan Matte by Smashbox and many more (they're not terrible), but this is sooo much better and much cheaper. Looks very, very natural on my NC25-30 skin. Hasn't lasted me very long though, but maybe it's just that I use it every single day because it makes me so happy that I found ithe perfect contour.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this blush and use it everyday as my contour. I have NC 30 skin with olive undertones and I find that this taupe color looks perfect on my skin tone, not muddy or dirty looking as some bronzers can ( I used to use Mac's bronzer as a contour). I use my MAC 109 and pick up a small amount, place it, and build it up to the intensity I want. If I want a subtle contour I only swipe around 2 times, more intense, I swipe a few more times. It' super easy to blend too and you can't beat the price. I had to buy it off cherryculture.com because it was impossible to find at my local ULTA and LongsDrugs.

on 2/5/2009 11:49:00 PM

Recommended by christianadivine. This is my first contouring blush :)

I'm an NC37 and it's very subtle on me. Looks very natural and goes on very smooth. Easily buildable and blendable :)

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!

on 2/3/2015 1:52:00 PM

Just wanted to put it out there that this can be used on many skin tones, not just fair. I have medium olive skin -- it can run the gamut from cool-toned and pale in the winter, to warm and bronze in summer. Most bronzers (and powders, ugh) oxidize on me, but this never does, always shows up, always looks natural. It hasn't broken me out.

It's hard to find in stores but I finally just caved and got it on Amazon for like $7. Paired with the Everyday Minerals Itahara brush, this is all I need for contour.

on 11/19/2010 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Good neutral color, cheap & serves its purpose. The color goes great with any tone blush & I wear it with MAC Sable or ST on the bottom lashline ( I use them as eyeliners)

Color is a cool gray toned med brown in my opinion, I am MAC Studiofix C40/ NARS Stromboli and works well as a base/ lone color while adding a little depth.