NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

on 5/24/2018 2:34:00 AM

It's too bad this has been discontinued. This is great value for the money and it works really well as a cool/neutral toned contour powder. I'm glad I bought a couple of spares. It's also small packaging, which makes it perfect for traveling. It's a really nice shade and it's very easy to blend. You can use a light hand and add more as you need.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not on contour on me. The HD version also does’t work as contour on me. On my olive/ochre/sallow skin, I get a lot of pink and red undertones so this is more of a cool toned blush on me. I really love how well it blends and how little I need to get a natural flush since on my skintone it can sometimes be a bit too easy to overdo blush.

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!

on 2/8/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I thought this didn't have much pigmentation to it, despite being well loved among the makeup community. I think it is a really great drugstore option for a contour, but I was disappointed by the lack of pigmentation, that I would rather seek out another product. I believe I read somewhere that you can scrape off the top layer of the product and after trying that, it helped slightly. I think this is definitely worth a try, especially for those who have fair to light skin.

on 2/3/2015 1:52:00 PM

Just wanted to put it out there that this can be used on many skin tones, not just fair. I have medium olive skin -- it can run the gamut from cool-toned and pale in the winter, to warm and bronze in summer. Most bronzers (and powders, ugh) oxidize on me, but this never does, always shows up, always looks natural. It hasn't broken me out.

It's hard to find in stores but I finally just caved and got it on Amazon for like $7. Paired with the Everyday Minerals Itahara brush, this is all I need for contour.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Perfect. Compact, great and cool toned. Not obviously orange like Hoola. Cheap as hell. Sturdy case. No complaints here.

on 6/12/2012 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I can't give a product a bad review simply because the color did not flatter my skin tone. It appears this is great for pale skin tones but on me this looked blue/gray just awful. I tried to use it to contour and as a regular blush but I had to toss it away.

on 6/11/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought this as some girls on YouTube were saying it was a good contouring shade. First off, it's a very grey toned brown. I have yellow undertones in my skin and this just makes my face look dirty. I think I'm better suited with warmer products. I've tried it as an eyeshadow and it's okay but honestly this gets no use by me at all. I feel like it doesn't have much pigmentation at all and it feels really chalky. A huge miss for me. Luckily it wasn't too expensive.

on 10/13/2011 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have been trying to find a replacement for strada since mac discontinued and this is it. it is a bit darker than strada on me but that is not a bad thing as i had to really pile on strada to get it to show up. a perfect nude, contour on my nc20 skin. love it! also it's lasting power is great. at least 5 hours on me

on 9/20/2011 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This looks like a frosty murky greyish white on my eyelids, which I don't really care for. Probably my least favorite taupe that I've tried. The pigmentation is decent, but the color is no good.