NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

on 9/16/2016 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I kept hearing that this was a great contour shade for fairer skin. I personally don't like the shade of this at all. It's very ashy and muddy looking and the formula also didn't impress me as it applied patchy.

on 5/25/2016 6:00:00 PM

This is the perfect contour shade for my fair skin. I don't use anything else to contour with. I can use it lightly for just a little dimension to the face, or layer it for a more sculpted look without it looking weird. It's perfect, and I love the price. It has also lasted me a loong time and I use it every time I do my makeup.

Perfect contouring product for fair skin tones. Got it for under 5 dollars - more than happy of my purchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm crazy in love with this shade. Though it's advertised as a blush, to me (and probably everyone else using this shade) it makes for the most perfect contour powder.

I'm guessing if you're in the States it's probably easier to get your hands on, and cheaper. However, in South Africa it's not stocked at all outlets, and is always the first to be sold out if it is. I always end up ordering mine online, which works out to the same amount that it would if I bought it locally.

If you're cool-toned and have a paleish skin, this is perfect. It defiantly works as a contour shade, without making you look orange.However, I'd think that nearly anyone could use this, it makes for a more natural shadow color than a bronzer would.

It's strongly pigmented, so I would recommend building up color gradually. I find that an angled contour brush works best for cheekbone, jaw and temple contouring, but fingers work in a pinch too. If you want to contour your nose, I'd recommend a eyeshadow shading brush, purely for logistic purposes.

If you're looking for THE perfect contour product, this is the one. There is reason for all the hype.

on 12/17/2015 5:05:00 PM

I wanted to try this as a contour. . Received it recently from the Nyx website. It was very powdery and applied kind of patchy which made it difficult to control the application. If I had a straight contour brush with short bristles it would have been better. I was able to use this as an eye shadow as well which was a bonus. Going to part with a few more dollars and try the Inglot contour next. I am not tossing it out but I won't repurchase either.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

About me: NW10 (winter) - NW20 (summer)

Until now, all my attempts at contouring having been epic failures. Finding a cool toned contour color for fair skin is tough. And then Nyx Taupe entered my life! Now I am contouring daily. Taupe is a very cool toned color.

The formula is surprisingly pretty good for the price. It fades quicker than some of my fav blushes, but I get quite a bit of wear time. I like to use a finishing/setting spray when I use this to boost wear time. I did think this blended actually quite well too (I like to use it over my Mac StudioFix - the powder that makes EVERYTHING blend well though)

If you have a Benefit box blush - give the brush that comes in the blush a try for contouring. Although I think the box blush brush is terrible for blush application, it works pretty well for contouring.

I am not a fan of the new packaging. The little plastic bow opening is difficult - I have gouged it with my finger multiple times now. But that's pretty minor, considering the price on this is great! (Ulta runs sales on these BOGO a LOT too!)

I had been using Nars Laguna, but it is considerably more warm, and pulled VERY orange on my skin.

on 8/31/2015 4:59:00 PM

So many people had said that this was a natural looking contour color for fair skin that I had to try it. (I'm an NW15-20). When you look at it in the pan, it doesn't look like much. It's sort of grey-brown-lilac. Yet somehow, magically, it is the perfect contour color. It actually looks like a shadow on my face, which is the idea behind contouring. At $4.99, this is one of those true affordable gems.

on 1/6/2015 10:51:00 AM

Lovely as a transition/ blending colour on the eyes as well as a natural contour on the cheeks for my fairish skin. Easy to blend, very soft and velvety. My most used product at the moment with all kinds of eyeshadow colours and blush with it on the cheeks

on 11/18/2014 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Perfect shade for contouring if you have pale skin. I actually bought hoola bronzer before discovering this and it's not nearly as good. Hoola is good, but it appears too warm (basically, a bit orange) on my skin. This is brilliant for contouring my nose, cheekbones and as a crease colour. Btw I found mine on new ebay for anyone in the UK struggling to find nyx products.

Agreed this is a pale girls dream for contouring! I ordered this because I figured why not give it a try because using bronzer no matter how light a hand I used I just wasn't satisfied. On my skin because I'm so fair to me I just wasn't getting the results I wanted. So, when this came I was very happy because this colour works to give you that true shadow. It has a lavender base which is why it can pull red if you put too much on. I just barely touch my contour brush to the product and I get a nice amount. I have to use the smallest amount to begin with because if I over contour my face will look too thin.

So, for me less is more in getting my cheekbones the way I want them. For me I have high cheekbones so I just want some definition and this does that for me. Very universally flattering on most pale tones. I did my friends makeup and she's fair like me but different colourings and undertones and it worked fantastic on her skin as well. As others said if you are not on the pale end of the spectrum I could definitely see this turning muddy. A soft hand though is really all you need. When I swatched it I was impressed at how soft and buttery this feels!

I like using my RT Contour Brush then I blend or buff it out with the RT buffing brush. I use the small brush that comes with the core collection to contour my nose. I then use the buffing brush again. This shade Taupe is making my life so much easier with contouring because being so fair it is very hard to find the right color. If it get's muddy you are using waaay too much! A light hand is all you need to contour with this. So less is more with this shade I have found. I was even mixing shades or blending and blending with bronzer. So this shade is really just fantastic and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase. Recommended!