NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

on 5/24/2018 2:34:00 AM

It's too bad this has been discontinued. This is great value for the money and it works really well as a cool/neutral toned contour powder. I'm glad I bought a couple of spares. It's also small packaging, which makes it perfect for traveling. It's a really nice shade and it's very easy to blend. You can use a light hand and add more as you need.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Well isn't it a perfect contouring shade? It is!
I love pigmented products, but not with contouring because it can become too harsh too fast. And with this, you don't have to worry about it being too dark or orange. It is so hard in the pan that the brush doesn't pick up too much, which makes it easy to build up. It blends nicely and is not powdery, looks so natural on the cheeks and anywhere else you need to contour. It is a satin finish, so it doesn't look flat. I like to use it with Wet n Wild contour brush (white and pink) and it is perfect!
Overall, this little blush is my must-have and the quality is so good for the price.
Totally recommend it.

on 9/25/2016 6:26:00 PM

This is a beautiful contour product when you consider the price. Definitely best contour product from drugstore!
If you have darker skin color(idk maybe darker than n35?) you might found this one is very light for you. When i got fake than on i use the shade NC30 and it still looks fine but when im palest (NC15-20) this is the best! Literally. It looks better than my laguna by nars which is an epic contour product and so expensive.:(
SHADE is unique because we are trying to create fake shadows and shadows shouldn't be orange obviously contour product must have neutral or cool undertones in it. For example bahama mama from the balm has neutral undertones not so cool or not warm. But this one on the cool spectrum and i believe this is why it's perfect! I love it. Love love love.
For fair-light-medium skin people,i highly recommended!
-I also saw some swatches comparing this one with kevyn aucoin sculpting powder they look almost same!

on 11/17/2015 11:21:00 PM

It's very affordable and it comes in a sturdy plastic case. The pigmentation is just right and I don't get a lot of fall out when I dip my RT blush brush on pan.I bought this as a carry on contour that I can stash in my daily makeup kit. It does not look muddy as a contour shade and I love how it is very buildable. I was not expecting that a product cheaper than other drugstore brands can be this impressive! Worth every penny I spent!

on 7/31/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this blush to use as a contour color. It has a greyish undertone that's supposedly perfect for contouring. Bronzer is not recommended as a contour product because it's designed to warm up the skin and often has an orange undertone. A more grayish powder is closer to the actual color of the shadows on the face. Or at least, that's the theory. However, when I applied this blush to the hollows under my cheekbones, it looked very muddy. It looked like I had actually applied mud to my face. It resembled a dirty smudge, which is NOT the look I was going for. Although it's a matte shade and although I will agree that bronzer is not a suitable contour product, I think I'll try the Kevin Aucoin sculpting powder instead. Yes, it's considerably more money but you get what you pay for. I'm glad this taupe powder works for so many people, but it's definitely not suitable for me. I wanted something that would give me the chiseled cheekbones of my youth and something that would accentuate the apples of my cheeks. Instead, I got a dirty face and had to wash everything off and start over!! I definitely don't recommend this color for contouring unless you have darker skin. Mine is light, but not fair, so it looked like I had wiped brown earth across my face. Not a good look, I promise you.

on 1/27/2015 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was so far the best color for countouring my cool fair skin tone and it took me some time before I've catched it in the local store - this nuance is very popular and it is sold out very quickly. Well, the product is not dusty, chulky, powdery, it has just a right consistence, the color is wonderfull, some kind of cool brown with hint of rosy shades and tinny, tinny almost invisible sparkles in it. However, after just two days of using it on my cheekbones they started to itch and small bumps appeared all over.

on 5/14/2014 3:48:00 PM

I was really hoping that this blush could secure a place as a staple in my makeup collection, but it disappointingly fell short. I'm not sure if this has anything do with the age of the blush (I ordered it from an Amazon retailer), but it was just not pigmented enough (and I am VERY fair). I had to really put some muscle into getting sufficient product on my blush brush, and even then, it took several attempts to get some visible contouring on my face.

I've recently begun eliminating all parabens and other harmful chemicals from my health/beauty routine, so I would have ended up dumping this blush even if it had worked well for me. I am much happier with my Too Faced Full Bloom powder blush in "Cocoa Rose"--it's paraben-free, super-pigmented, long-lasting, and blends well. Sometimes it's worth it to dish out some extra bucks for quality.

As a pale girl, I feel that this is the best contour color I have found. I am very fair with pink undertones. For such a long time, I used bronzer to contour, but it often looked muddy or orange on my complexion. This creates the perfect natural shadow contour that bronzer just couldn't accomplish for me. This shade also makes a great eyeshadow contour/crease shade :) Plus, you can't beat the price of NYX products. Love it!

on 1/16/2014 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the only NYX blush I use regularly. It's dual purpose for me because I use it for contouring and I use it to tone down my LaFemme blush when I go a bit too heavy and can't blend it out. I love this Taupe color as I have a neutral skin tone and other contour powders are too orangy looking on me. I will purchase this again as it's a keeper!

on 10/25/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product for contouring on fair to medium toned skin! My only gripe is it's not QUITE as pigmented as I would like, but this does help you not overdo it on the contouring so it's not a total dealbreaker.