NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Black
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

I was recently searching for a new contour shades as I find a lot of the shades in the contour kits I own don't really give me that chiseled look. I went on Amazon and decided to purchase this despite being a nc25-30 and I was amazed. Yeah it was about 9 bucks but it wasn't powdery what so ever and I found it very easy to work with. I'm disappointed it's being discontinued but there's a sale on Nyx blushes on the site and I'll definitely be buying a few. Finally the best contour shade. It may not be the best for me in the summer as I get up to an nc40 but as for my winter color I absolutely love.

This product is the perfect taupe colour to contour with! I'm an NC30 and this shows up on my skin perfectly fine. It has more of a natural satin finish(no shimmer)than a pure matte, which I prefer. When I swatched this for the first time, there was little to no pigmentation and I was very disappointed. However, strangely enough, it shows up on my face brilliantly welll with a dense contouring brush. I also bought Haywire off the recommendation of one of the reviews for fear that Taupe would show up reddish on my yellow skin but it absolutely didn't! I love this so so much it is a definite staple in my makeup routine now!

on 11/30/2012 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It has only been a week, but I already cannot live without this blush. I bought it thinking I would only take the time to contour my nose and cheekbones for special occasions. Well, this product is so easy to use and foolproof that I have been applying it on a daily basis.

The colour payoff is a lot less than I expected from looking at the pan. This is GREAT because it's why it works so well for people of different skin colours. I use NYX HD Foundation and Concealer in a Pot in 'medium', and Taupe is a perfect contouring shade. I use an angled eyeshadow brush and do 2 swipes over the pan (1 each side) before applying.

I do one line on either side of my nose, and one under each cheekbone. The angled brush lets me get a fine line in the nose area (to be blended out later). I do 2 applications per area: the first application is faint on my darker skin, but is still visible, so I can see if I don't like where I've put it! The second application intensifies the colour to the point where it would be noticeable if I don't blend it out. I use the same brush to blend outward in 4 or 5 quick swipes.

I am a very lazy person when it comes to makeup in the morning, but this blush is so foolproof, it adds seconds to my morning routine. The colour doesn't fade throughout the day, and I am careful to pat and not swipe with my touch-up powder throughout the day. By the end of a 14-hour day, the edges of the contour lines may have "bled" a little to be less defined, but nothing a quick finger swipe wouldn't fix!

I ordered this off Cherry Culture for $4.50 CAD (doesn't include shipping). This is much cheaper than the $8.99 CAD local drugstores and grocery stores were going to charge me! Even with the addition of shipping, it comes out to be more economical to order it online (unless you get a lucky customs check!). However, Canadians looking for the product to swatch can find it at select Save-on-Foods and London Drugs. Lastly, NYX doesn't test on animals - a final plus!

on 11/7/2012 3:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Medium-fair yellow toned skin. This is the perfect contour color for me; better than bronzer which can be too orange. A matte greyish brown, this mimics the hue of natural shadows on the face and gives it more dimension. For the price and lasting quality, this will be a mainstay in my makeup bag.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After scouring through Ulta and small stores I knew sold NYX, I finally found this color and bought it. I have to admit, solely because of the good reviews, I was tempted to buy two of these without even trying it on, but after trying this color to contour, I wished I had bought 2 more. What can I say, the color is absolutely perfect! THIS IS A CONTOUR COLOR, not an orange toned bronzer or blush that would make you look like a hot mess. For the longest time I've struggled finding what would be the perfect color to contour with. And oftentimes I was still stuck with that annoying orange streak no matter how neautral or cool tone my supposed contour shadow or bronzer was. This simply had that ashy cool tone color that is similar to my natural shadows, so I know I won't go wrong with this shade. No orange streaks here, baby! Heading back to get my 2 backups.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my current favorite contouring shade. Works really well for my skintone.

on 12/15/2011 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My 1st blush to hit the pan! It is a must and stable for me because itīs the perfect contour colour for my fair-light cool/neutral skin; greyish brown. Not too light or dark, just right. No moar bronzers for contouring!
I find the lighter colour in Elfs cool bronzer too dark. I use this everytime I wear mu under cheekbones and jawline. I have used it as an e/s too. Ordering online makes it not so cheap, but in this case I don`t mind.

on 11/25/2011 11:28:00 AM

Amazing product for contouring on my NC20/25 skin. The effect is very subtle but it's there. Doesn't require a hell lot of blending, pretty much foolproof and very useful for mornings when I'm rushing off to work. Will buy this again and again!

This product is amazing for contouring. I'm a MAC NC 20-25 and the color of this is just perfect for my skintone. Since this product has more of a gray undertone, it really creates a natural-looking shadow where I want it to. I can definitely say that this is my HG contouring powder. I like to contour my cheek bones and my jaw line to slim down my face and this make such a difference in makeup. I look like I lost 5kg.

Not only is this the perfect shade, this is also very finely milled. It feels silky soft and stays on for a very decent amount of time. I apply this in the morning and it does not fade for a good 6-8 hours. The packaging looks cute too with the big "window" to distinguish between shades.

The price of this is honestly a steal. I would've paid a lot more for it. The amount it comes with is really good and I do feel that it will last me a long time. The quality of NYX blushes are just great in general but this one is God-sent. Pigmented, soft, and stays long. I'm so glad I found this to contour with. Although this worked well for me, I dont think that it would for darker skintones since it is not too dark.

Overall an excellent blush. I would definitely repurchase and Everyone looking for a good contouring shade, I would suggest you try here.

on 12/9/2008 4:44:00 PM

EDIT: I find myself using this more as a contour color! I like that I can build up the color, since I'm new to contouring and afraid that I might over-do it.

I like this shadow quite a bit. This is the perfect nude brown for daytime. I also like to use this under some of my warmer shadows, and it just provides that great depth. Contrary to the reviews below, this IS a pigmented shade - this is supposed to be a light-nude color, so pack it on, and it'll show up just exactly as it is in the pan.