NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this (like almost everyone on here) as a contouring powder, and for the price it's hard to beat. First, I'm surprised to read reviews saying it's good for fair but not for tan/darker skin tones? In my opinion I would say the exact opposite. It's the exact colour of a natural shadow, and looks great on my NC40 skin. The product can be tricky to master. I agree it can be patchy/muddy/too harsh. The trick is to use a CLEAN brush (you don't need to wash the brush each time, just swipe on hand or tissue to get rid of residue on the bristles). Start with a really light hand and little product, because it can look muddy real fast. I apply this before bronzer and blush for a more muted look. Also, I find its really easy to go overboard with this (a little goes a long way ppl), but you can take away the harshness blending it in with bronzer and/or blush. Bottom line: if you think the colour is right for your skin, I recommend trying it. It's cheap! Can't go wrong with a VERY light sweep and lots of blending, but be prepared to practice and figure out what works for you.

not for nc25 ladies. Barely any colour shows up and it's kinda hard to blend. I prefer my inglot sculpting powder as compared to this

I was recently searching for a new contour shades as I find a lot of the shades in the contour kits I own don't really give me that chiseled look. I went on Amazon and decided to purchase this despite being a nc25-30 and I was amazed. Yeah it was about 9 bucks but it wasn't powdery what so ever and I found it very easy to work with. I'm disappointed it's being discontinued but there's a sale on Nyx blushes on the site and I'll definitely be buying a few. Finally the best contour shade. It may not be the best for me in the summer as I get up to an nc40 but as for my winter color I absolutely love.

This product is the perfect taupe colour to contour with! I'm an NC30 and this shows up on my skin perfectly fine. It has more of a natural satin finish(no shimmer)than a pure matte, which I prefer. When I swatched this for the first time, there was little to no pigmentation and I was very disappointed. However, strangely enough, it shows up on my face brilliantly welll with a dense contouring brush. I also bought Haywire off the recommendation of one of the reviews for fear that Taupe would show up reddish on my yellow skin but it absolutely didn't! I love this so so much it is a definite staple in my makeup routine now!

on 2/17/2014 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Sadly, didnt work for me. IMO its best for pale complexions as a contour color. On my very warm skin it was muddy grey; I simply looked dirty or sick with it on. The only use I got out of it was as a crease color; but ofcourse I own enough taupe shadows for that. This particular shade wasn't the easiest to come by so I desperately wanted it to work but I just couldnt. Luckily it was affordable atleast. IMHO if you dont have atleast neutral undertones if not some pink in your skin steer clear of this. Stick to matte non orangey browns like ones by TBS.

on 1/13/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- Cheap!
- Good packaging for the price
- A lot of product, should last you a long time
- GREAT for contouring on fair or medium skin, especially under the cheekbones. It leans on the neutral / cool side so it doesn't look as warm as bronzer does for shadows.
- Buttery and well-pigmented, well worth the price

CONS:
- Can photograph a little bronzey-pink, depending on your undertone (sometimes this looks odd for contouring)

I have to be careful when using this for contouring. I have very yellow skin, so if I use "too much" of this blush, it shows up as visibly pink under my cheekbones because of the color contrast to my natural skin tone. I think this would be a slightly better contour / blush on someone who is neutral or cool-toned just so this isn't a problem.

Also, if you have a hard time finding Nyx (it should be at Ulta or Sally's), you can also find the brand sold at wig stores. I have a much easier time finding a wig store than Sally's in US cities, I've noticed.

on 11/30/2012 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It has only been a week, but I already cannot live without this blush. I bought it thinking I would only take the time to contour my nose and cheekbones for special occasions. Well, this product is so easy to use and foolproof that I have been applying it on a daily basis.

The colour payoff is a lot less than I expected from looking at the pan. This is GREAT because it's why it works so well for people of different skin colours. I use NYX HD Foundation and Concealer in a Pot in 'medium', and Taupe is a perfect contouring shade. I use an angled eyeshadow brush and do 2 swipes over the pan (1 each side) before applying.

I do one line on either side of my nose, and one under each cheekbone. The angled brush lets me get a fine line in the nose area (to be blended out later). I do 2 applications per area: the first application is faint on my darker skin, but is still visible, so I can see if I don't like where I've put it! The second application intensifies the colour to the point where it would be noticeable if I don't blend it out. I use the same brush to blend outward in 4 or 5 quick swipes.

I am a very lazy person when it comes to makeup in the morning, but this blush is so foolproof, it adds seconds to my morning routine. The colour doesn't fade throughout the day, and I am careful to pat and not swipe with my touch-up powder throughout the day. By the end of a 14-hour day, the edges of the contour lines may have "bled" a little to be less defined, but nothing a quick finger swipe wouldn't fix!

I ordered this off Cherry Culture for $4.50 CAD (doesn't include shipping). This is much cheaper than the $8.99 CAD local drugstores and grocery stores were going to charge me! Even with the addition of shipping, it comes out to be more economical to order it online (unless you get a lucky customs check!). However, Canadians looking for the product to swatch can find it at select Save-on-Foods and London Drugs. Lastly, NYX doesn't test on animals - a final plus!

on 11/7/2012 3:07:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Medium-fair yellow toned skin. This is the perfect contour color for me; better than bronzer which can be too orange. A matte greyish brown, this mimics the hue of natural shadows on the face and gives it more dimension. For the price and lasting quality, this will be a mainstay in my makeup bag.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

After scouring through Ulta and small stores I knew sold NYX, I finally found this color and bought it. I have to admit, solely because of the good reviews, I was tempted to buy two of these without even trying it on, but after trying this color to contour, I wished I had bought 2 more. What can I say, the color is absolutely perfect! THIS IS A CONTOUR COLOR, not an orange toned bronzer or blush that would make you look like a hot mess. For the longest time I've struggled finding what would be the perfect color to contour with. And oftentimes I was still stuck with that annoying orange streak no matter how neautral or cool tone my supposed contour shadow or bronzer was. This simply had that ashy cool tone color that is similar to my natural shadows, so I know I won't go wrong with this shade. No orange streaks here, baby! Heading back to get my 2 backups.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my current favorite contouring shade. Works really well for my skintone.

Top Rated Contour