NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best contouring powder you'd ever use! Forget about those cool toned bronzers: this one has the actual shade of a shadow. Nevertheless, you ain't gonna find it easy or quick to blend (due to the high percentage of pigments!), but at the end it gives your makeup that professional look we're all looking for.

on 2/25/2018 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Found on amazon; discontinued in stores. Haven't tried the new version HD blush. Such an amazing color for fair, cool toned skin. Some reviewers said you have to be careful with the pigmentation but I completely disagree... this is very buildable and hard to mess up. I apply with the real techniques setting brush under my cheekbone. I've also been using this for a "brontour" instead of bronzer for awhile. It has zero orange cast to it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not on contour on me. The HD version also does’t work as contour on me. On my olive/ochre/sallow skin, I get a lot of pink and red undertones so this is more of a cool toned blush on me. I really love how well it blends and how little I need to get a natural flush since on my skintone it can sometimes be a bit too easy to overdo blush.

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!

So hard to blend out, and it had a very strong red undertone on the skin. I didn't get that "super natural" grey-brown contour from this. I have a medium complexion & used this on my nose and cheeks and looked god awful.

Packaging sucks, was too expensive for what it was on Amazon (nearly $10). I don't know if they reformulated this, or I got a bad batch, but I would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This colour looks JUST like the colour of shadows! However, on my skin (im very yellow undertoned, NC30) it showed up a bit pink and the shadow wasn't really there as i'm a bit darker....
If anyone has this problem, try this alternative: Loreal infallible eyeshadow in Breaking nude!!!
Pigmented but can be blended out just enough so that it doesn't look like a line on your face!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this as a contouring product but I just ended up looking dirty. It didn't suit my warm undertone. Quality-wise, it goes on kinda patchy. Now I just use it on my eyes as an eyeshadow.

Love this as a contour for pale skin like mine, love that it is a matte powder, although it is a tiny bit patchy sometimes and a hair too warm.

My secret loves:
I have found that Sephora Collection matte eyeshadow "Scented Candle" no. 229 (cool/netural, greyish taupe), and "Skinny-Dipping" No. 271 (warm taupe) a slightly better match for me than NYX.

on 12/9/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

OMG, THIS IS MY HG CONTOUR SHADE. It is a must-have if you're pale to light medium, but I'm iffy about recommending it for medium skin tones. I have NC20 skin and although I have warm tones technically, I never liked how a lot of contour powders were on the warm side. If I wanted to use bronzer, I'd use that instead of contouring.

I wanted to find a contour powder that mimicked the shade of natural shadows on the face, which are cooler and grayer in nature. NYX Taupe blush is PERFECT for that purpose. I like to use an angled natural blush brush like the MAC 168 with this and it gives me the most natural result. It doesn't look like I deliberately carved out my cheek or jawline.

Honestly this "blush" doesn't have high pigmentation, however... but I like it that way. This is very dependent on preference. I like a more natural, diffused contour so I like that the pigment is not too strong. I can see pale ladies loving this blush for that reason. I believe that the HD blush formula of this colour by NYX is more pigmented, if you're more of a stickler for that. The texture is very soft and easily blendable, but it doesn't kick up powder everywhere.

I heard a few years back that this would be discontinued so I already bought a backup... but it looks like it's here to stay. Thank you, makeup gods! So to answer your last question--yes, I would definitely run out and repurchase this!

on 9/10/2015 10:23:00 AM

When I started contouring I was so eager to try this blush, but being in Canada it took lots of time and patience to get my hands on it. As far as drugstore blushes/ bronzers go, NYX Taupe blush is truly a standout shade, the formulation however is less than perfect. After many attempts at getting product from the pan onto my brush, I eventually ended up crushing the product up and repressing it. Once repressed, I found the pigmentation improved immensely, but overall having to go through that makes it less than worth it to me. I have since purchased the HD formulation of Taupe which is much more pigmented and therefore easier to work with, which I therefore would recommend instead.