NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the only product that can actually give me a 'shadow' contour rather than an orange streak and will suit fair neutral-cool skin tones very well (for what its worth im NC15). I find it very pigmented so I have to be very light handed otherwise it can easily look like a huge splotch of dirt but it blends beautifully from the very small dab I use

on 6/21/2017 11:02:00 PM

Love this for contouring! It's great for an everyday contour but it's also so easy to build up for a more dramatic look.

Disclaimer: I never got to use the original formula, so I can only comment on this shade in the HD Blush line.

This is a fantastic blush for very fair, cool skin! It is definitely cool-toned itself, almost grey, so it creates a really natural shadow when lightly applied and well-blended. It's super pigmented, so you don't need to keep going back into the pan, and I find it works well for both cheeks and nose, which are the only two places I contour. It can be sort of blended away, in my experience, which is a good and bad thing. If you apply it too heavily, you can blend it back into something normal relatively easily. However, if you're doing makeup for a night out and you'd like a more dramatic contour, it is a bit easy to accidentally over-blend.

All in all, however, a very good product. I also love that it's not scented in any way (looking at you, Too Faced). The packaging is a bit cheap, but for the price, I can't complain.

on 5/16/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Perfect for my pale, cool toned skin so happy i finally got my fingers on this. If your pale and struggling to find a contour shade that isn't too warm this is the one for you trust me. And to that price how can you not be excited.

on 6/13/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

this is a great contour shade for pale girls like myself..its very cool toned and creates the perfect shadow.. its very pigmented not powdery at all nice and smooth and easy to blend out..

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Oh yes yes yes! I'm a very pale person, about NW10. Everyone wants a perfect product for sculpting your face, and I've been on the hunt for a matte pale grey-brown shadow to use under my cheekbones. The thing is, being so pale, that products that work on darker skin like NC20 will look orange on me.

I have used MAC Harmony, a famous and often recommended blush for pale skin like mine, but it was too red. NYX Taupe is a little darker and more pigmented, but is easy to sheer out. The point is that it's grey-brown and not red-brown or orange-brown, so if everything looks orange on your pale skin, this is highly recommended. Also if you have pink undertones - shades like MAC Harmony might work on a little darker and warmer skin.

This can of course also be used as a beautiful eyeshadow!

Very low price, cute packaging, you get a good amount, applies well, is a true multi tasking product and lasts well. Highly recommend for pale and cool toned people!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Everything they say is true! This blush is great for fair skinned people. I never would have purchased it - or even known about it - without MUA reviews. It looks muddy in the pan but when used right it gives great definition. (It took me a youtube video to figure out how to use it as a "contouring" blush - I wasn't particularly familiar with contouring). It's worth the $5 - just beware of the shoddy packaging as with all NYX blushes. I gave it an extra lippy because, miraculously, this one hasn't broken on me yet.

on 3/29/2014 1:39:00 AM

SO glad I found this product! Like many, I use it to contour my pale face. Previous products I used left my skin looking ruddy and didn't match very well. The biggest adjustment I had to make with this was learning not to put too much on. I was so used to putting on bronzers that were way too dark and having to blend like a madwoman to get it looking perfect. This creates such a natural shadow on the face, I didn't even realize until I piled too much on. Now that I've got it down, I couldn't be happier. Blends very well into my foundation and gives my chubby cheeks some definition! I can't stress how natural this looks on my skin, I must still be in shock from not looking like I smudged dirt on my face anymore. And it looks great in every kind of lighting, which I appreciate. One thing I have noticed is that it can tend to look red from time to time, but I can't remember if it happened to me when I put way too much on, or after I blended the crap out of it more than really necessary. Regardless, sometimes it will look kind of red, but I usually just wipe it off or lightly go over it with my BB cream to tone it down and/or start again. The price is wonderful as well, I'm so glad such a great product is so affordable. I did have to order it online however, which is a bit of a bummer, but that might just be because it's not available in stores in my specific area (I managed to get free shipping anyway). You also get a lot of the product--I've had this for weeks and still haven't really messed up the pattern that all NYX products seem to come in. I even find myself using it before I go run a simple errand, rather than just a special occasion, I just really love seeing it on my face. I'll keep buying this until they don't make it anymore!

on 1/17/2014 3:00:00 PM

I just went back to this NYX Powder Blush in Taupe as a contour shade and can't be happier that there's this kind of shade with so good price.Altho I'd pay more to get this,but well,I don't have to.I use NARS Ita brush,also went back to that just few days ago.I used both of these for a good while,then tried all kinds of contour products and brushes,like Sigma F40,Real Techniques contour brush and brushes like so.Contour shades like Makeup Revolution Golden Sugar Palette's brown matte shade,NYX matte bronzer and so.Then I just remembered how good was this NYX blush in Taupe when contouring.I'm pretty pale caucasian skinned person.Almost always my shade is Ivory when buying a foundation.So this Taupe is perfect.I like that it's not too pigmented,I mean the brush does not pick too much the product with one swipe,therefore the contour in your cheeks won't be too intense and harsh,like with those other powder products I've used as contour shade.Will buy again when run out!!Recommend!!

This is THE perfect shade for contouring on light skin tones! In love <3 It's impossible to go overboard with, and looks so natural! Honestly - don't know how I lived without this product. The best part? It's only 5 bucks! :)