NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

on 3/15/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

TOO WARM - This is a cult favorite contour shade for fair skin so I had to try it. I know the older version is well-loved but had more red in it. In the pan this is very warm, like a bronzer, instead of a contour. Everything pulls red or orange on me since I have so much pink in my skin. I prefer very cool taupe/purple based contours. This NYX Taupe reminds me exactly of the Catrice Prime/Fine Contour. Overall, this is too warm for my skin tone. If you are fair, and want a truly cool toned contour try my favorite L’Oréal Color Riche Eyeshadow in Café au Lait.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the only product that can actually give me a 'shadow' contour rather than an orange streak and will suit fair neutral-cool skin tones very well (for what its worth im NC15). I find it very pigmented so I have to be very light handed otherwise it can easily look like a huge splotch of dirt but it blends beautifully from the very small dab I use

on 6/21/2017 11:02:00 PM

Love this for contouring! It's great for an everyday contour but it's also so easy to build up for a more dramatic look.

This isn't as smooth or finely milled as other powders but it works great for contouring. It's a dark completely matte contour. It takes a bit of time to blend: I tap it on and blend the edges gently.

Disclaimer: I never got to use the original formula, so I can only comment on this shade in the HD Blush line.

This is a fantastic blush for very fair, cool skin! It is definitely cool-toned itself, almost grey, so it creates a really natural shadow when lightly applied and well-blended. It's super pigmented, so you don't need to keep going back into the pan, and I find it works well for both cheeks and nose, which are the only two places I contour. It can be sort of blended away, in my experience, which is a good and bad thing. If you apply it too heavily, you can blend it back into something normal relatively easily. However, if you're doing makeup for a night out and you'd like a more dramatic contour, it is a bit easy to accidentally over-blend.

All in all, however, a very good product. I also love that it's not scented in any way (looking at you, Too Faced). The packaging is a bit cheap, but for the price, I can't complain.

I've repurchased several times. I read a ton of amazing reviews about a limited edition Chanel taupe colour that looked good on pale skin, and I was gutted that I missed that one, but lead me to search for a similar taupe colour that similarly contours pale skin without just looking orange or shimmery. This is it. My main issue is I usually have had to order it from over seas because they don't sell it in the UK, but Boots is starting to stock NYX so hopefully it'll be in a local store before long :)

I wish I could find a foundation in this colour as I would blend that in with my techniques sponge as being a powder to me makes it not as easy to blend in..

Certainly happy that it does the trick, haven't seen a single product that is close to this colour yet.

on 5/16/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Perfect for my pale, cool toned skin so happy i finally got my fingers on this. If your pale and struggling to find a contour shade that isn't too warm this is the one for you trust me. And to that price how can you not be excited.

on 5/9/2016 10:16:00 PM

Like many others I'm using this as a contouring powder, and as a terrifyingly pale human it works pretty gosh darn well for that. The packaging, however, has gradually destroyed itself. The clear top popped out first, leading to the lid frame to crack around the edge and also straight up from the hinge. Be careful with this one though, build too much and you look kind of dirty or sickly or something. I use a narrowish flat brush with natural bristles to apply it and I've never had a problem with blending.

on 12/17/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not a game changer for me BUT I will still get some use out of it. I have a medium skin tone so this is a little light for me. Plus, I found it hard to build up to get color on my skin tone. It is also, ssoooo powdery!? Is this new to NYX blushes? I have other colors in the older packaging that are delightful but this one just dusted up something fierce. Wet n Wild has a contour palette that works very well for me that is about the same price but has a highlight shade. I will save this blush for a no makeup look. It is nothing to write home about. But I had to try it! MUA made me do it! 😄

When I bought this last year, it was my first real contouring product. I think it's a great product for beginners because it's not easy to go overboard. With a fluffy contour brush, it takes several layers to get a significant contour. I usually just use this in the hollows of my cheeks and around my forehead, but it's also very useful for nose contouring as well. There may be better products out there, but for now, I'm content with this product. definitely worth trying.