NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Well isn't it a perfect contouring shade? It is!
I love pigmented products, but not with contouring because it can become too harsh too fast. And with this, you don't have to worry about it being too dark or orange. It is so hard in the pan that the brush doesn't pick up too much, which makes it easy to build up. It blends nicely and is not powdery, looks so natural on the cheeks and anywhere else you need to contour. It is a satin finish, so it doesn't look flat. I like to use it with Wet n Wild contour brush (white and pink) and it is perfect!
Overall, this little blush is my must-have and the quality is so good for the price.
Totally recommend it.

on 2/4/2012 7:05:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Kinky, Medium

So im really confused...ive been trying to make this blush works as a contour powder but theres no way its gonna work !! It looks sooo unnatural, its grey and it doesnt blend at all. Going back to my Urban Decay eyeshadow in Buck wich is perfect for me !
Edit 04/18/12 : I've been a lot paler lately (NC15) and this works wonderfully now !! It truly looks like a shadow on my face and not just a bunch of makeup

on 6/20/2009 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

this is by far the best blush and contour I have ever found, and what a steal!

I was lucky to swap for this with a sweet girl, I have been wanting to try this after I saw it in pictures, and hearing it was a dupe for emote which I own.

nyx is my fav "drugstore" brand. its cheaper than the typical brands, yet is such high quality..I have been a fan of there eyelash curler, jumbo pencils [milk in particular] glosses, lipsticks and blushes.

color-

"taupe"

its a soft brown in the pan, which looks identical to emote. but when swatched, taupe is a gorgeous brown with grey undertones, and there's a slight purple sheen that's breath taking.

formula-

extremely soft and buttery, and very pigmented, you don't need much at all. it blends like a dream and is not so dark that you make a mistake and apply to much.

review-

after trying this, I know there's nothing better for contouring and blush, I love contouring with taupe and then using my blush or highlighter, its so natural and pretty. emote is a very sought after contour color, its brown but doesn't have grey tones to it, so it can look a little muddy or dark, its still beautiful if applied right but is not fool proof.

nyx taupe is the way to go if your just getting into makeup and need a contour color. its neutral and cool toned. very inexpensive and so easy to apply. I like to use a skunk brush, I use my adorned with grace mini.. its a dupe for the mac 188 but with a short handle and fits perfect in my makeup bag. a few swirls into taupe, tap, and buff into ur hollows of your cheeks back to your hair line.

overall im in love, its perfect for me, and I will always buy this.. for reference im a mac NC37 and have cool golden/olive tones. I think taupe would work for fair, medium and medium dark, it may be to light for dark and deep but I would try it anyway. if you have any questions, let me know! xx

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

This is not a good color for us DDD. Excellent quality for an affordable price($3). Will be wonderful for PPP, LLL, MMM, etc...Finely milled. Feels like silk.

Top Rated Contour