NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

on 11/18/2014 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Perfect shade for contouring if you have pale skin. I actually bought hoola bronzer before discovering this and it's not nearly as good. Hoola is good, but it appears too warm (basically, a bit orange) on my skin. This is brilliant for contouring my nose, cheekbones and as a crease colour. Btw I found mine on new ebay for anyone in the UK struggling to find nyx products.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As most of the reviews here, this is a pale girls savior when it comes to contouring. I've tried it all and just assumed I couldn't get the technique of blending down, enough to make it look natural even though I consider myself advanced when it comes to makeup. Low and behold NYX taupe showed up in my life and as it turns out, I was just using the wrong product all along. Contouring is supposed to create a shadow and this product does just that. Its cool toned, no shimmer, very blendable and long lasting. If your giving up on contouring and your a pale girl, definitely get this.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is the most perfect contouring shade for neutral/cool skin tones in the fair to light range. I wear MAC NW20, MUFE HD 117 for reference. I've repurchased this at least 3 times and will continue to do so. The product blends nicely and is just a touch on the sheer side, making it even more ideal for contouring. I use this with an oval shaped Ecotools brush and the pairing is perfection.

on 9/2/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:

beautiful, neutral taupe; not too orange or grey
blends beautifully to create a soft contour
pigmented enough to create a dramatic edgy contour (if desired)
works great for pale skin (im mac NW15)
inexpensive

CONS:
my lid for the powder broke off
it can be hard to find if you dont have an Ulta near you

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'd never tried contouring before, but I've always been a fairly natural-look kind of girl, so I thought that contouring might help give my face a little something extra. It does. I had to buy Taupe online because I couldn't find it in stores anywhere (not even Ulta), but it was worth it. It's a pretty ashy-pink color--perfect for very fair skin. When I apply it in the hollows of my cheeks it looks like a natural shadow. It's fairly pigmented, so you don't need to swipe much on your brush. The package is a bit smaller than I was expecting, but I'm sure it'l last a long time since you don't have to use much of it. If you're thinking about trying out contouring, I'd encourage you to give this product a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a perfect contour shade for pale girls. NARS Laguna? Forget about it. This is a matte, soft, easy to blend dusty brown shade that is neutral and just simply works. I've been complimented on my cheekbones before when in reality I don't have any, I just use this to contour every single day. Give it a shot if you can't find a bronzer that works for you. It's basically made for pale girls. Contour shades are meant to be matte, neutral with no yellow/orange undertones, and darker than your natural skin color, so I have no idea why people use bronzers to contour anyhow. There are plenty of options out there to contour with besides shimmery, orange bronzers.

on 9/25/2012 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The ONLY color my pale skin can contour with. Amazing. It brings out the hallows and is competely matte. No orangey, shimmery, your face looks dirty look here. It blends out wonderfully, I don't look like I have stripes. My local Harmon didn't carry the shade, so I ordered it from NYX's website.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my current favorite contouring shade. Works really well for my skintone.

on 12/15/2011 8:57:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

My 1st blush to hit the pan! It is a must and stable for me because itīs the perfect contour colour for my fair-light cool/neutral skin; greyish brown. Not too light or dark, just right. No moar bronzers for contouring!
I find the lighter colour in Elfs cool bronzer too dark. I use this everytime I wear mu under cheekbones and jawline. I have used it as an e/s too. Ordering online makes it not so cheap, but in this case I don`t mind.

on 11/21/2010 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is the best contour color I have ever found. Unlike everything else I tried before this has no orange in it at all and zero shimmer. I own Hoola by Benefit, Harmony blush by MAC, Suntan Matte by Smashbox and many more (they're not terrible), but this is sooo much better and much cheaper. Looks very, very natural on my NC25-30 skin. Hasn't lasted me very long though, but maybe it's just that I use it every single day because it makes me so happy that I found ithe perfect contour.