NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this (like almost everyone on here) as a contouring powder, and for the price it's hard to beat. First, I'm surprised to read reviews saying it's good for fair but not for tan/darker skin tones? In my opinion I would say the exact opposite. It's the exact colour of a natural shadow, and looks great on my NC40 skin. The product can be tricky to master. I agree it can be patchy/muddy/too harsh. The trick is to use a CLEAN brush (you don't need to wash the brush each time, just swipe on hand or tissue to get rid of residue on the bristles). Start with a really light hand and little product, because it can look muddy real fast. I apply this before bronzer and blush for a more muted look. Also, I find its really easy to go overboard with this (a little goes a long way ppl), but you can take away the harshness blending it in with bronzer and/or blush. Bottom line: if you think the colour is right for your skin, I recommend trying it. It's cheap! Can't go wrong with a VERY light sweep and lots of blending, but be prepared to practice and figure out what works for you.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This colour looks JUST like the colour of shadows! However, on my skin (im very yellow undertoned, NC30) it showed up a bit pink and the shadow wasn't really there as i'm a bit darker....
If anyone has this problem, try this alternative: Loreal infallible eyeshadow in Breaking nude!!!
Pigmented but can be blended out just enough so that it doesn't look like a line on your face!

on 12/17/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not a game changer for me BUT I will still get some use out of it. I have a medium skin tone so this is a little light for me. Plus, I found it hard to build up to get color on my skin tone. It is also, ssoooo powdery!? Is this new to NYX blushes? I have other colors in the older packaging that are delightful but this one just dusted up something fierce. Wet n Wild has a contour palette that works very well for me that is about the same price but has a highlight shade. I will save this blush for a no makeup look. It is nothing to write home about. But I had to try it! MUA made me do it! 😄

on 4/12/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Caveat: This only gets 2 stars because it didn't work for me and as a "heads up" to others with my skin tone. If you are pale this would be THE BOMB contouring product and likely get a 5 star rating easily!

Note to NC30's and darker:
This will NOT work for you as a contouring product - It will be too light and if you are warm toned and try to pack it on for some sort of color payoff or attempt to use it as a barely there blush, it will look too grey and muddy.

Note to pale skin shades = lighter than NC30:
This is gonna look awesome as a contour! Especially if cool toned.

Pro's and cons abt the product:
Dirt cheap stuff here so if it works for you congrats! There is a ton of fallout to this product but it's so inexpensive that's not a big deal I suppose. Dispite fallout, I don't find this to be chalky on actual application and it seems easily blendable. This is inexpensive enough for anyone to give it a try and see how they feel about it. If you are a contouring newbie this is a good place to start experimenting as well. I highly recomend this for pale skinned folks, not at all for medium and darker.

on 11/18/2014 10:47:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Perfect shade for contouring if you have pale skin. I actually bought hoola bronzer before discovering this and it's not nearly as good. Hoola is good, but it appears too warm (basically, a bit orange) on my skin. This is brilliant for contouring my nose, cheekbones and as a crease colour. Btw I found mine on new ebay for anyone in the UK struggling to find nyx products.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As most of the reviews here, this is a pale girls savior when it comes to contouring. I've tried it all and just assumed I couldn't get the technique of blending down, enough to make it look natural even though I consider myself advanced when it comes to makeup. Low and behold NYX taupe showed up in my life and as it turns out, I was just using the wrong product all along. Contouring is supposed to create a shadow and this product does just that. Its cool toned, no shimmer, very blendable and long lasting. If your giving up on contouring and your a pale girl, definitely get this.

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is the most perfect contouring shade for neutral/cool skin tones in the fair to light range. I wear MAC NW20, MUFE HD 117 for reference. I've repurchased this at least 3 times and will continue to do so. The product blends nicely and is just a touch on the sheer side, making it even more ideal for contouring. I use this with an oval shaped Ecotools brush and the pairing is perfection.

on 9/2/2013 6:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:

beautiful, neutral taupe; not too orange or grey
blends beautifully to create a soft contour
pigmented enough to create a dramatic edgy contour (if desired)
works great for pale skin (im mac NW15)
inexpensive

CONS:
my lid for the powder broke off
it can be hard to find if you dont have an Ulta near you

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'd never tried contouring before, but I've always been a fairly natural-look kind of girl, so I thought that contouring might help give my face a little something extra. It does. I had to buy Taupe online because I couldn't find it in stores anywhere (not even Ulta), but it was worth it. It's a pretty ashy-pink color--perfect for very fair skin. When I apply it in the hollows of my cheeks it looks like a natural shadow. It's fairly pigmented, so you don't need to swipe much on your brush. The package is a bit smaller than I was expecting, but I'm sure it'l last a long time since you don't have to use much of it. If you're thinking about trying out contouring, I'd encourage you to give this product a try!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a perfect contour shade for pale girls. NARS Laguna? Forget about it. This is a matte, soft, easy to blend dusty brown shade that is neutral and just simply works. I've been complimented on my cheekbones before when in reality I don't have any, I just use this to contour every single day. Give it a shot if you can't find a bronzer that works for you. It's basically made for pale girls. Contour shades are meant to be matte, neutral with no yellow/orange undertones, and darker than your natural skin color, so I have no idea why people use bronzers to contour anyhow. There are plenty of options out there to contour with besides shimmery, orange bronzers.