NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the only product that can actually give me a 'shadow' contour rather than an orange streak and will suit fair neutral-cool skin tones very well (for what its worth im NC15). I find it very pigmented so I have to be very light handed otherwise it can easily look like a huge splotch of dirt but it blends beautifully from the very small dab I use

on 5/25/2016 6:00:00 PM

This is the perfect contour shade for my fair skin. I don't use anything else to contour with. I can use it lightly for just a little dimension to the face, or layer it for a more sculpted look without it looking weird. It's perfect, and I love the price. It has also lasted me a loong time and I use it every time I do my makeup.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this as a contouring product but I just ended up looking dirty. It didn't suit my warm undertone. Quality-wise, it goes on kinda patchy. Now I just use it on my eyes as an eyeshadow.

on 11/17/2015 11:21:00 PM

It's very affordable and it comes in a sturdy plastic case. The pigmentation is just right and I don't get a lot of fall out when I dip my RT blush brush on pan.I bought this as a carry on contour that I can stash in my daily makeup kit. It does not look muddy as a contour shade and I love how it is very buildable. I was not expecting that a product cheaper than other drugstore brands can be this impressive! Worth every penny I spent!

on 8/31/2015 4:59:00 PM

So many people had said that this was a natural looking contour color for fair skin that I had to try it. (I'm an NW15-20). When you look at it in the pan, it doesn't look like much. It's sort of grey-brown-lilac. Yet somehow, magically, it is the perfect contour color. It actually looks like a shadow on my face, which is the idea behind contouring. At $4.99, this is one of those true affordable gems.

on 7/31/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this blush to use as a contour color. It has a greyish undertone that's supposedly perfect for contouring. Bronzer is not recommended as a contour product because it's designed to warm up the skin and often has an orange undertone. A more grayish powder is closer to the actual color of the shadows on the face. Or at least, that's the theory. However, when I applied this blush to the hollows under my cheekbones, it looked very muddy. It looked like I had actually applied mud to my face. It resembled a dirty smudge, which is NOT the look I was going for. Although it's a matte shade and although I will agree that bronzer is not a suitable contour product, I think I'll try the Kevin Aucoin sculpting powder instead. Yes, it's considerably more money but you get what you pay for. I'm glad this taupe powder works for so many people, but it's definitely not suitable for me. I wanted something that would give me the chiseled cheekbones of my youth and something that would accentuate the apples of my cheeks. Instead, I got a dirty face and had to wash everything off and start over!! I definitely don't recommend this color for contouring unless you have darker skin. Mine is light, but not fair, so it looked like I had wiped brown earth across my face. Not a good look, I promise you.

on 5/19/2015 7:44:00 PM

This product only works well on FAIR skin tone for all over face contouring. I have light/medium skin (nc25) and it barely shows up. I have to rub my brush pretty hard to get any color pay off. The product is on my brush, its just the color that doesn't show up. I tried this as nose contouring by using a smaller denser brush and it seems to work good, I like it for this purpose. its very grey with a bit of warmth and purple in it.

on 2/8/2015 5:04:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I thought this didn't have much pigmentation to it, despite being well loved among the makeup community. I think it is a really great drugstore option for a contour, but I was disappointed by the lack of pigmentation, that I would rather seek out another product. I believe I read somewhere that you can scrape off the top layer of the product and after trying that, it helped slightly. I think this is definitely worth a try, especially for those who have fair to light skin.

on 2/3/2015 1:52:00 PM

Just wanted to put it out there that this can be used on many skin tones, not just fair. I have medium olive skin -- it can run the gamut from cool-toned and pale in the winter, to warm and bronze in summer. Most bronzers (and powders, ugh) oxidize on me, but this never does, always shows up, always looks natural. It hasn't broken me out.

It's hard to find in stores but I finally just caved and got it on Amazon for like $7. Paired with the Everyday Minerals Itahara brush, this is all I need for contour.

on 1/27/2015 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was so far the best color for countouring my cool fair skin tone and it took me some time before I've catched it in the local store - this nuance is very popular and it is sold out very quickly. Well, the product is not dusty, chulky, powdery, it has just a right consistence, the color is wonderfull, some kind of cool brown with hint of rosy shades and tinny, tinny almost invisible sparkles in it. However, after just two days of using it on my cheekbones they started to itch and small bumps appeared all over.