NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best contouring powder you'd ever use! Forget about those cool toned bronzers: this one has the actual shade of a shadow. Nevertheless, you ain't gonna find it easy or quick to blend (due to the high percentage of pigments!), but at the end it gives your makeup that professional look we're all looking for.

on 3/15/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

TOO WARM - This is a cult favorite contour shade for fair skin so I had to try it. I know the older version is well-loved but had more red in it. In the pan this is very warm, like a bronzer, instead of a contour. Everything pulls red or orange on me since I have so much pink in my skin. I prefer very cool taupe/purple based contours. This NYX Taupe reminds me exactly of the Catrice Prime/Fine Contour. Overall, this is too warm for my skin tone. If you are fair, and want a truly cool toned contour try my favorite L’Oréal Color Riche Eyeshadow in Café au Lait.

on 2/25/2018 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Found on amazon; discontinued in stores. Haven't tried the new version HD blush. Such an amazing color for fair, cool toned skin. Some reviewers said you have to be careful with the pigmentation but I completely disagree... this is very buildable and hard to mess up. I apply with the real techniques setting brush under my cheekbone. I've also been using this for a "brontour" instead of bronzer for awhile. It has zero orange cast to it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not on contour on me. The HD version also does’t work as contour on me. On my olive/ochre/sallow skin, I get a lot of pink and red undertones so this is more of a cool toned blush on me. I really love how well it blends and how little I need to get a natural flush since on my skintone it can sometimes be a bit too easy to overdo blush.

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!

on 9/25/2016 6:26:00 PM

This is a beautiful contour product when you consider the price. Definitely best contour product from drugstore!
If you have darker skin color(idk maybe darker than n35?) you might found this one is very light for you. When i got fake than on i use the shade NC30 and it still looks fine but when im palest (NC15-20) this is the best! Literally. It looks better than my laguna by nars which is an epic contour product and so expensive.:(
SHADE is unique because we are trying to create fake shadows and shadows shouldn't be orange obviously contour product must have neutral or cool undertones in it. For example bahama mama from the balm has neutral undertones not so cool or not warm. But this one on the cool spectrum and i believe this is why it's perfect! I love it. Love love love.
For fair-light-medium skin people,i highly recommended!
-I also saw some swatches comparing this one with kevyn aucoin sculpting powder they look almost same!

on 9/16/2016 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I kept hearing that this was a great contour shade for fairer skin. I personally don't like the shade of this at all. It's very ashy and muddy looking and the formula also didn't impress me as it applied patchy.

on 5/16/2016 8:40:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Perfect for my pale, cool toned skin so happy i finally got my fingers on this. If your pale and struggling to find a contour shade that isn't too warm this is the one for you trust me. And to that price how can you not be excited.

Perfect contouring product for fair skin tones. Got it for under 5 dollars - more than happy of my purchase.

Love this as a contour for pale skin like mine, love that it is a matte powder, although it is a tiny bit patchy sometimes and a hair too warm.

My secret loves:
I have found that Sephora Collection matte eyeshadow "Scented Candle" no. 229 (cool/netural, greyish taupe), and "Skinny-Dipping" No. 271 (warm taupe) a slightly better match for me than NYX.