NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm crazy in love with this shade. Though it's advertised as a blush, to me (and probably everyone else using this shade) it makes for the most perfect contour powder.

I'm guessing if you're in the States it's probably easier to get your hands on, and cheaper. However, in South Africa it's not stocked at all outlets, and is always the first to be sold out if it is. I always end up ordering mine online, which works out to the same amount that it would if I bought it locally.

If you're cool-toned and have a paleish skin, this is perfect. It defiantly works as a contour shade, without making you look orange.However, I'd think that nearly anyone could use this, it makes for a more natural shadow color than a bronzer would.

It's strongly pigmented, so I would recommend building up color gradually. I find that an angled contour brush works best for cheekbone, jaw and temple contouring, but fingers work in a pinch too. If you want to contour your nose, I'd recommend a eyeshadow shading brush, purely for logistic purposes.

If you're looking for THE perfect contour product, this is the one. There is reason for all the hype.

on 1/16/2014 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the only NYX blush I use regularly. It's dual purpose for me because I use it for contouring and I use it to tone down my LaFemme blush when I go a bit too heavy and can't blend it out. I love this Taupe color as I have a neutral skin tone and other contour powders are too orangy looking on me. I will purchase this again as it's a keeper!

on 4/20/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've already repurchased this product, which is saying something because it's really hard for me to use up a blush/bronzer. I even bought a backup because I don't want to be without this ever. It's PERFECT to contour my super pale skin. I tried many many bronzers, but all of them looked like I was wiping orange dirt on my face. This one is perfect. I buy it online (I can't find it in stores) and it's only around $4-5. It's a brown/gray color instead of brown/orange, which works really well for pale skin. Highly recommended.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Believe the hype. It is a beautiful DRUGSTORE cool-toned brown/gray/mauve blush that works wonders as a contouring powder for anybody NC/NW30 and below. Much more natural looking than the orangey bronzing powders I was using before.

on 8/11/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'd practically given up on finding this blush & finally caved & ordered it from an online site. Where I live grocers don't carry the NYX line & there is no nearby ULTA; but when I did make it to one, this was never in stock. Am I ever glad I persisted! This is the perfect matte, cocoa contour for pale ladies like me (NC15). Taupe gives my cheekbones instant definition & it doesn't need to be built up to see an immediate result. It can look harsh if not blended well but wears evenly throughout the day with minimal fading. For its small pricetag, I will definitely purchase another if the opportunity presents itself. I know a winner when I see one.

on 8/11/2012 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Coarse

HG contour product for pale skinned ladies like myself. Goodbye Benefit Hoola!!

on 11/10/2011 8:51:00 PM

I waited so long to buy this, thinking it might look too grayish on my nc20/25 skin. It does not! It actually looks really natural and works perfectly for adding some color and shape to your face. It's excellent for contouring, as so many others have already pointed out. It's subtle but still noticeable, which I appreciate (pretty much fool proof). I use an Eco Tool fluffy blush brush to apply it to my cheeks and then along the jaw line to add contrast. Sometimes I add a pop of color on my cheeks on top of this (Benefit Dandelion for a bright pop of color or NYX Stone for a little more rosiness). The price is awesome for the quality, and I think the size of the product is reasonable as well. This product is totally matte, and so far I have not suffered any skin reactions or break-outs. Pretty awesome stuff.

Also - a lot of people seem to wonder how this differs from Benefit Hoola. I have and love Hoola as well, so here are the differences I've found. Hoola is more tan/slightly warm while NYX Taupe is truly neutral. When you swatch them next to each other, Taupe looks almost gray but it's just because of the tone difference. Hoola is also a lot more pigmented, which makes it easy to over do it. I wear Taupe as a daily contour shade and add Hoola when I want to look more sun-kissed.

on 8/9/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best purchases I've made recently. Like other reviewers, I've been using this as a contour powder and it does a great job as long as you don't over-apply. Works great on eyes too if you want a matte eyeshadow. Cheap as chips too, what's not to love?

on 9/19/2010 9:24:00 PM

Great for contouring. Like seriously great. (I'm NC15)

on 7/2/2010 1:15:00 PM

I really love this for contouring. I also had trouble finding the perfect most natural looking color or powder for contouring but this is really great.
It looks natural.
It doesn't come out really dark so you can't really go wrong with it.
It's buildable.
It's great! Definitely would buy again.