NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

So hard to blend out, and it had a very strong red undertone on the skin. I didn't get that "super natural" grey-brown contour from this. I have a medium complexion & used this on my nose and cheeks and looked god awful.

Packaging sucks, was too expensive for what it was on Amazon (nearly $10). I don't know if they reformulated this, or I got a bad batch, but I would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm crazy in love with this shade. Though it's advertised as a blush, to me (and probably everyone else using this shade) it makes for the most perfect contour powder.

I'm guessing if you're in the States it's probably easier to get your hands on, and cheaper. However, in South Africa it's not stocked at all outlets, and is always the first to be sold out if it is. I always end up ordering mine online, which works out to the same amount that it would if I bought it locally.

If you're cool-toned and have a paleish skin, this is perfect. It defiantly works as a contour shade, without making you look orange.However, I'd think that nearly anyone could use this, it makes for a more natural shadow color than a bronzer would.

It's strongly pigmented, so I would recommend building up color gradually. I find that an angled contour brush works best for cheekbone, jaw and temple contouring, but fingers work in a pinch too. If you want to contour your nose, I'd recommend a eyeshadow shading brush, purely for logistic purposes.

If you're looking for THE perfect contour product, this is the one. There is reason for all the hype.

on 9/10/2015 10:23:00 AM

When I started contouring I was so eager to try this blush, but being in Canada it took lots of time and patience to get my hands on it. As far as drugstore blushes/ bronzers go, NYX Taupe blush is truly a standout shade, the formulation however is less than perfect. After many attempts at getting product from the pan onto my brush, I eventually ended up crushing the product up and repressing it. Once repressed, I found the pigmentation improved immensely, but overall having to go through that makes it less than worth it to me. I have since purchased the HD formulation of Taupe which is much more pigmented and therefore easier to work with, which I therefore would recommend instead.

on 3/22/2015 7:39:00 PM

I have this shade in both original and HD formula. It's a very cool tone, grey taupe. For my NC25-30 it works awesome as a contour shade. I would never wear this as a blush. The original isnt very light in pigmentation but build-able. It looks like it was have a sheen but it's matte. The HD kicks up more powder and is more pigmented. You can still get a light/day contour and a dramatic/night contour. It's my HG contour

on 7/21/2014 7:19:00 PM

Most people use this a contour but it works as an actual blush for me. I have yellow olive skin and I have the worst time finding makeup that looks "right". Sephora and Ulta roll their eyes when I walk in with my returns! This is very subtle and it is one of the only items that lights up my skin without making me look like a clown, NARS Sin is taupe on steroids on my face, Sin is beautiful but better in the summer when I'm a bit deeper in tone.

on 1/16/2014 12:22:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the only NYX blush I use regularly. It's dual purpose for me because I use it for contouring and I use it to tone down my LaFemme blush when I go a bit too heavy and can't blend it out. I love this Taupe color as I have a neutral skin tone and other contour powders are too orangy looking on me. I will purchase this again as it's a keeper!

on 9/2/2013 9:57:00 PM

I have nc20-25 skin, and it is combination. This blush is a decent contouring powder because it has some grey/cool-tones to it which mimics the shadows under your cheekbones much more naturally then a bronzer does, as most of those tend to pull a bit too orange. However, there are two factors that made me dock a lippie off this product.

1) It also has a bit of a reddish undertone. I have fairly light skin, but also some natural redness/pinkness due to acne and such. this powder can very easily appear red if too much is applied, making it a not-so-attractive look. Moreover, if too much is used, the grey and red undertones in this product will be too overpowering on the face, making it very obvious that youve got contouring going on....lots of it. On some, it will also translate to it looking like...dirt was applied to the face.

2) The packaging is horrendous...It is a soft-ish plastic that will break for no reason, and the writing also comes off the packaging quite easily. Half of my NYX blushes had trouble closing properly when they were still NEW! However, since this product is inexpensive, it is not the main reason why one lippie was docked.

Overall, this is a decent contour powder that is worth a try, $5-6 will not hurt the wallet too much, and its good to see so many people loving this product. For now, i will repurchase.

on 4/20/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've already repurchased this product, which is saying something because it's really hard for me to use up a blush/bronzer. I even bought a backup because I don't want to be without this ever. It's PERFECT to contour my super pale skin. I tried many many bronzers, but all of them looked like I was wiping orange dirt on my face. This one is perfect. I buy it online (I can't find it in stores) and it's only around $4-5. It's a brown/gray color instead of brown/orange, which works really well for pale skin. Highly recommended.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Believe the hype. It is a beautiful DRUGSTORE cool-toned brown/gray/mauve blush that works wonders as a contouring powder for anybody NC/NW30 and below. Much more natural looking than the orangey bronzing powders I was using before.

on 8/11/2012 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'd practically given up on finding this blush & finally caved & ordered it from an online site. Where I live grocers don't carry the NYX line & there is no nearby ULTA; but when I did make it to one, this was never in stock. Am I ever glad I persisted! This is the perfect matte, cocoa contour for pale ladies like me (NC15). Taupe gives my cheekbones instant definition & it doesn't need to be built up to see an immediate result. It can look harsh if not blended well but wears evenly throughout the day with minimal fading. For its small pricetag, I will definitely purchase another if the opportunity presents itself. I know a winner when I see one.