NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best contouring powder you'd ever use! Forget about those cool toned bronzers: this one has the actual shade of a shadow. Nevertheless, you ain't gonna find it easy or quick to blend (due to the high percentage of pigments!), but at the end it gives your makeup that professional look we're all looking for.

on 9/25/2016 6:26:00 PM

This is a beautiful contour product when you consider the price. Definitely best contour product from drugstore!
If you have darker skin color(idk maybe darker than n35?) you might found this one is very light for you. When i got fake than on i use the shade NC30 and it still looks fine but when im palest (NC15-20) this is the best! Literally. It looks better than my laguna by nars which is an epic contour product and so expensive.:(
SHADE is unique because we are trying to create fake shadows and shadows shouldn't be orange obviously contour product must have neutral or cool undertones in it. For example bahama mama from the balm has neutral undertones not so cool or not warm. But this one on the cool spectrum and i believe this is why it's perfect! I love it. Love love love.
For fair-light-medium skin people,i highly recommended!
-I also saw some swatches comparing this one with kevyn aucoin sculpting powder they look almost same!

on 9/16/2016 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I kept hearing that this was a great contour shade for fairer skin. I personally don't like the shade of this at all. It's very ashy and muddy looking and the formula also didn't impress me as it applied patchy.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this as a contouring product but I just ended up looking dirty. It didn't suit my warm undertone. Quality-wise, it goes on kinda patchy. Now I just use it on my eyes as an eyeshadow.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm crazy in love with this shade. Though it's advertised as a blush, to me (and probably everyone else using this shade) it makes for the most perfect contour powder.

I'm guessing if you're in the States it's probably easier to get your hands on, and cheaper. However, in South Africa it's not stocked at all outlets, and is always the first to be sold out if it is. I always end up ordering mine online, which works out to the same amount that it would if I bought it locally.

If you're cool-toned and have a paleish skin, this is perfect. It defiantly works as a contour shade, without making you look orange.However, I'd think that nearly anyone could use this, it makes for a more natural shadow color than a bronzer would.

It's strongly pigmented, so I would recommend building up color gradually. I find that an angled contour brush works best for cheekbone, jaw and temple contouring, but fingers work in a pinch too. If you want to contour your nose, I'd recommend a eyeshadow shading brush, purely for logistic purposes.

If you're looking for THE perfect contour product, this is the one. There is reason for all the hype.

I was recently searching for a new contour shades as I find a lot of the shades in the contour kits I own don't really give me that chiseled look. I went on Amazon and decided to purchase this despite being a nc25-30 and I was amazed. Yeah it was about 9 bucks but it wasn't powdery what so ever and I found it very easy to work with. I'm disappointed it's being discontinued but there's a sale on Nyx blushes on the site and I'll definitely be buying a few. Finally the best contour shade. It may not be the best for me in the summer as I get up to an nc40 but as for my winter color I absolutely love.

on 11/17/2015 11:21:00 PM

It's very affordable and it comes in a sturdy plastic case. The pigmentation is just right and I don't get a lot of fall out when I dip my RT blush brush on pan.I bought this as a carry on contour that I can stash in my daily makeup kit. It does not look muddy as a contour shade and I love how it is very buildable. I was not expecting that a product cheaper than other drugstore brands can be this impressive! Worth every penny I spent!

on 9/10/2015 10:23:00 AM

When I started contouring I was so eager to try this blush, but being in Canada it took lots of time and patience to get my hands on it. As far as drugstore blushes/ bronzers go, NYX Taupe blush is truly a standout shade, the formulation however is less than perfect. After many attempts at getting product from the pan onto my brush, I eventually ended up crushing the product up and repressing it. Once repressed, I found the pigmentation improved immensely, but overall having to go through that makes it less than worth it to me. I have since purchased the HD formulation of Taupe which is much more pigmented and therefore easier to work with, which I therefore would recommend instead.

on 7/31/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this blush to use as a contour color. It has a greyish undertone that's supposedly perfect for contouring. Bronzer is not recommended as a contour product because it's designed to warm up the skin and often has an orange undertone. A more grayish powder is closer to the actual color of the shadows on the face. Or at least, that's the theory. However, when I applied this blush to the hollows under my cheekbones, it looked very muddy. It looked like I had actually applied mud to my face. It resembled a dirty smudge, which is NOT the look I was going for. Although it's a matte shade and although I will agree that bronzer is not a suitable contour product, I think I'll try the Kevin Aucoin sculpting powder instead. Yes, it's considerably more money but you get what you pay for. I'm glad this taupe powder works for so many people, but it's definitely not suitable for me. I wanted something that would give me the chiseled cheekbones of my youth and something that would accentuate the apples of my cheeks. Instead, I got a dirty face and had to wash everything off and start over!! I definitely don't recommend this color for contouring unless you have darker skin. Mine is light, but not fair, so it looked like I had wiped brown earth across my face. Not a good look, I promise you.

When I bought this last year, it was my first real contouring product. I think it's a great product for beginners because it's not easy to go overboard. With a fluffy contour brush, it takes several layers to get a significant contour. I usually just use this in the hollows of my cheeks and around my forehead, but it's also very useful for nose contouring as well. There may be better products out there, but for now, I'm content with this product. definitely worth trying.