NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best contouring powder you'd ever use! Forget about those cool toned bronzers: this one has the actual shade of a shadow. Nevertheless, you ain't gonna find it easy or quick to blend (due to the high percentage of pigments!), but at the end it gives your makeup that professional look we're all looking for.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Well isn't it a perfect contouring shade? It is!
I love pigmented products, but not with contouring because it can become too harsh too fast. And with this, you don't have to worry about it being too dark or orange. It is so hard in the pan that the brush doesn't pick up too much, which makes it easy to build up. It blends nicely and is not powdery, looks so natural on the cheeks and anywhere else you need to contour. It is a satin finish, so it doesn't look flat. I like to use it with Wet n Wild contour brush (white and pink) and it is perfect!
Overall, this little blush is my must-have and the quality is so good for the price.
Totally recommend it.

Disclaimer: I never got to use the original formula, so I can only comment on this shade in the HD Blush line.

This is a fantastic blush for very fair, cool skin! It is definitely cool-toned itself, almost grey, so it creates a really natural shadow when lightly applied and well-blended. It's super pigmented, so you don't need to keep going back into the pan, and I find it works well for both cheeks and nose, which are the only two places I contour. It can be sort of blended away, in my experience, which is a good and bad thing. If you apply it too heavily, you can blend it back into something normal relatively easily. However, if you're doing makeup for a night out and you'd like a more dramatic contour, it is a bit easy to accidentally over-blend.

All in all, however, a very good product. I also love that it's not scented in any way (looking at you, Too Faced). The packaging is a bit cheap, but for the price, I can't complain.

on 9/17/2013 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The only product I can successfully contour with. I am around NW20 with a ton of freckles, so most things end up looking orange and muddy and just weird on me. Taupe is the perfect color for me, and the formula of the blush holds up well my dry skin. It doesn't fade during the day and it is super easy to blend out and work with. I like the pigmentation as well, I tend to be a little heavy handed so it is easy for me to build this up and make it look natural.

on 5/14/2013 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG for me (NW20, blue/green eyes, dark ash brown hair). A great, natural looking contour colour that mimics real shadows to accentuate my cheekbones and slim my jawline. Every other contour or bronzer I've tried has been too brown, too orange or too dirty looking. NYX's "Taupe" blush is perfect. I use it under my cheekbones with a tiny pop of warm pink on the apples of my cheeks for instant contour and a healthy glow. NYX is now available in Canada at Target but at ridiculous prices. I bought mine on ebay (3/$12 plus minimal shipping). The packaging is serviceable and does the job. NYX is all about good products at reasonable prices. If you're fair and cool, and have had trouble finding a good contour colour, give this one a try.

on 3/28/2013 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So I finally got my hands on this. I am NW20 (pink tones, fair -medium). You were right MUA...you were right. This is a kick butt contour powder. If you are ever lucky enough to come across this, pick it up! I had to order mine via drugstore.com. The almost greige undertone over the typical orange undertones of most contours is what makes this so perfect on my NW20 skin. It looks so much like a natural shadow. Love this.

on 1/15/2011 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I haven't used it as a contour face color yet but it makes a great crease eye color. Perfect for day when you want to look a little more polished without looking heavy or made-up, just pretty and classic, especially with NYX Pure Skin e/s as a base. Reference: NC 20-25, dark brown hair and eyes.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this blush and use it everyday as my contour. I have NC 30 skin with olive undertones and I find that this taupe color looks perfect on my skin tone, not muddy or dirty looking as some bronzers can ( I used to use Mac's bronzer as a contour). I use my MAC 109 and pick up a small amount, place it, and build it up to the intensity I want. If I want a subtle contour I only swipe around 2 times, more intense, I swipe a few more times. It' super easy to blend too and you can't beat the price. I had to buy it off cherryculture.com because it was impossible to find at my local ULTA and LongsDrugs.

This isn't as smooth or finely milled as other powders but it works great for contouring. It's a dark completely matte contour. It takes a bit of time to blend: I tap it on and blend the edges gently.

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!