NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The best contouring powder you'd ever use! Forget about those cool toned bronzers: this one has the actual shade of a shadow. Nevertheless, you ain't gonna find it easy or quick to blend (due to the high percentage of pigments!), but at the end it gives your makeup that professional look we're all looking for.

on 3/15/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

TOO WARM - This is a cult favorite contour shade for fair skin so I had to try it. I know the older version is well-loved but had more red in it. In the pan this is very warm, like a bronzer, instead of a contour. Everything pulls red or orange on me since I have so much pink in my skin. I prefer very cool taupe/purple based contours. This NYX Taupe reminds me exactly of the Catrice Prime/Fine Contour. Overall, this is too warm for my skin tone. If you are fair, and want a truly cool toned contour try my favorite L’Oréal Color Riche Eyeshadow in Café au Lait.

This isn't as smooth or finely milled as other powders but it works great for contouring. It's a dark completely matte contour. It takes a bit of time to blend: I tap it on and blend the edges gently.

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Well isn't it a perfect contouring shade? It is!
I love pigmented products, but not with contouring because it can become too harsh too fast. And with this, you don't have to worry about it being too dark or orange. It is so hard in the pan that the brush doesn't pick up too much, which makes it easy to build up. It blends nicely and is not powdery, looks so natural on the cheeks and anywhere else you need to contour. It is a satin finish, so it doesn't look flat. I like to use it with Wet n Wild contour brush (white and pink) and it is perfect!
Overall, this little blush is my must-have and the quality is so good for the price.
Totally recommend it.

Disclaimer: I never got to use the original formula, so I can only comment on this shade in the HD Blush line.

This is a fantastic blush for very fair, cool skin! It is definitely cool-toned itself, almost grey, so it creates a really natural shadow when lightly applied and well-blended. It's super pigmented, so you don't need to keep going back into the pan, and I find it works well for both cheeks and nose, which are the only two places I contour. It can be sort of blended away, in my experience, which is a good and bad thing. If you apply it too heavily, you can blend it back into something normal relatively easily. However, if you're doing makeup for a night out and you'd like a more dramatic contour, it is a bit easy to accidentally over-blend.

All in all, however, a very good product. I also love that it's not scented in any way (looking at you, Too Faced). The packaging is a bit cheap, but for the price, I can't complain.

on 2/3/2015 12:10:00 PM

This is the end all be all for super pale ladies. I have been skeptical of buying a contour color because they all are just wrong. but this one is just perfect. i was skeptical of the brand as i've never used it. works like a charm.

on 1/27/2015 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was so far the best color for countouring my cool fair skin tone and it took me some time before I've catched it in the local store - this nuance is very popular and it is sold out very quickly. Well, the product is not dusty, chulky, powdery, it has just a right consistence, the color is wonderfull, some kind of cool brown with hint of rosy shades and tinny, tinny almost invisible sparkles in it. However, after just two days of using it on my cheekbones they started to itch and small bumps appeared all over.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Purchased for contouring purposes. I'm a bit torn. The color is great, it works well for my skin tone which is light and prefers neutrals and cooler toned color products. I just expected way more pigment. I mean maybe that is a good thing? It is kind of impossible to go overboard, but I feel like it takes way more effort to get the look that I want out of this. Due to the lighter pigment, it is good for a really natural contoured look... if you want something more dramatic this is definitely not it. I wish I could find a color like this that was more pigmented. I am sure such a product exists but I am too lazy to hunt it down currently.

I did notice the reddish tones if you layer it on. That's a little confusing because it is not something you pick up when looking at the product. I am thinking that my beauty blender-esque sponge is not the best vehicle for getting this on my face since it absorbs way too much of the product and leaves me needing to layer it on to get more of a contour effect... I am going to try a brush or something and see if I am happier with it applied in that manner. I did use a smaller brush to contour my nose with this and it was definitely more pigmented than using the sponge and created more of a contouring effect.

Right now I feel that this is an average product. I will need to play around with it some more to see if fulfills my basic contouring needs.

on 9/17/2013 1:03:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

The only product I can successfully contour with. I am around NW20 with a ton of freckles, so most things end up looking orange and muddy and just weird on me. Taupe is the perfect color for me, and the formula of the blush holds up well my dry skin. It doesn't fade during the day and it is super easy to blend out and work with. I like the pigmentation as well, I tend to be a little heavy handed so it is easy for me to build this up and make it look natural.

Top Rated Contour