NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

on 6/12/2012 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I can't give a product a bad review simply because the color did not flatter my skin tone. It appears this is great for pale skin tones but on me this looked blue/gray just awful. I tried to use it to contour and as a regular blush but I had to toss it away.

on 2/6/2011 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am indebted to MUA for the reviews on this product. I would have never picked up this muddy looking powder for my NW10 complexion had I not read the positive reviews. Even on my ultra pale skin, this works as an excellent contour. I find myself using it daily because I enjoy the effect so much. Like all of the NYX blush products I have tried (I have 5 now), the pigment is strong and a light hand is important. I find it easier to achieve a natural look in my cheek hollows than on my nose but I think with practice I will be able to achieve successful results on my nose too. I also like to brush it at the top of my forehead to knock down the contrast between my light foundation and my naturally pinkish scalp. It makes the transition look less drastic. I absolutely will buy again.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

If you're an NC35-NC40 (haha, this is just a guess, because I'm not 100% sure what my MAC skintone is. I'm asian and I'm on the tanner side if that helps), this color will barely show up on you. It's pretty pigmented (I tried it on a friend who has a lighter skin tone) and matte.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I was going to use this as a contour color, but I didn't care for the consistency of the blush. It's super chalky looking and it didn't look very natural on my skin. I was pretty disappointed.