NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Price: $

Price: $

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is the only product that can actually give me a 'shadow' contour rather than an orange streak and will suit fair neutral-cool skin tones very well (for what its worth im NC15). I find it very pigmented so I have to be very light handed otherwise it can easily look like a huge splotch of dirt but it blends beautifully from the very small dab I use

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this as a contouring product but I just ended up looking dirty. It didn't suit my warm undertone. Quality-wise, it goes on kinda patchy. Now I just use it on my eyes as an eyeshadow.

on 6/13/2015 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

this is a great contour shade for pale girls like myself..its very cool toned and creates the perfect shadow.. its very pigmented not powdery at all nice and smooth and easy to blend out..

on 3/11/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

As someone with very fair neutral cool leaning skin, this is the perfect contouring product. It is not a very pigmented blush, but because I am very fair, this provides just the right amount of color, and I can build this up for more dramatic effect if I so wish. The color is an almost red leaning grayish taupe, with no hint of orange. Perfect for me in the long winter months, although I tend towards a slightly warmer contour in the summer. I will often use this as an eye shadow as well, it makes a very natural crease color.

The consistency is fine enough. It's not as smooth or buttery as it could be, but it is not chalky or powdery either. It blends out nicely, which is the most important thing when contouring. It could stand to last a bit longer on my oily skin, but since my face eats most products I apply to it, I can't really fault the product.

If you have a medium skin tone or anything deeper, I can imagine this wouldn't show up at all. If you have a very warm skin tone, I can imagine this looking ruddy or even dirty on you.

I haven't found any other product to match this in both quality and price point, so I will continue to purchase this again and again. It's a staple in my daily routine.

on 1/13/2014 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

PROS:
- Cheap!
- Good packaging for the price
- A lot of product, should last you a long time
- GREAT for contouring on fair or medium skin, especially under the cheekbones. It leans on the neutral / cool side so it doesn't look as warm as bronzer does for shadows.
- Buttery and well-pigmented, well worth the price

CONS:
- Can photograph a little bronzey-pink, depending on your undertone (sometimes this looks odd for contouring)

I have to be careful when using this for contouring. I have very yellow skin, so if I use "too much" of this blush, it shows up as visibly pink under my cheekbones because of the color contrast to my natural skin tone. I think this would be a slightly better contour / blush on someone who is neutral or cool-toned just so this isn't a problem.

Also, if you have a hard time finding Nyx (it should be at Ulta or Sally's), you can also find the brand sold at wig stores. I have a much easier time finding a wig store than Sally's in US cities, I've noticed.

on 6/11/2012 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I bought this as some girls on YouTube were saying it was a good contouring shade. First off, it's a very grey toned brown. I have yellow undertones in my skin and this just makes my face look dirty. I think I'm better suited with warmer products. I've tried it as an eyeshadow and it's okay but honestly this gets no use by me at all. I feel like it doesn't have much pigmentation at all and it feels really chalky. A huge miss for me. Luckily it wasn't too expensive.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Def good to contour on porcelain to fair skin. The color looks very natural. It works well on me.

on 8/9/2011 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is one of the best purchases I've made recently. Like other reviewers, I've been using this as a contour powder and it does a great job as long as you don't over-apply. Works great on eyes too if you want a matte eyeshadow. Cheap as chips too, what's not to love?

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

For reference:
Nc25-27, warm yellow undertones, oily

In the pan, this is a cool toned beige/gray color that is perfect for contouring cheeks, eyes and nose. It gives a subtle shadow on my face without looking like I used dirt. This is an awesome alternative to my darker pressed powder (l'oreal true match powder in n7/8) that I normally use for contouring. Nyx's blushes are usually a hit or miss with pigmentation/quality but this blush is awesome! Def would repurchase!

on 12/20/2010 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like most reviewers, I use "taupe" for contouring my nose bridge and cheekbones because, for my NC30-ish skin-tone, "taupe" is the closest match to what a shadow looks like on my skin. It is so close to the colour of "shadow" that I don't worry about applying too much and looking like I have a "dirty nose' (too much brown in taupe has a "dirty" looking effect, imo...this product is more..grey). This stuff is awesome and I would most definitely re-purchase because of the "true-to-shadow" tone and the price...oh, it's so cheap - I think I bought mine off ebay for something ridiculous like 3 for $13. I use a wide eyeshadow brush for my nose bridge and a mini brush blush for my cheekbones.