NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

on 2/25/2018 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Found on amazon; discontinued in stores. Haven't tried the new version HD blush. Such an amazing color for fair, cool toned skin. Some reviewers said you have to be careful with the pigmentation but I completely disagree... this is very buildable and hard to mess up. I apply with the real techniques setting brush under my cheekbone. I've also been using this for a "brontour" instead of bronzer for awhile. It has zero orange cast to it.

on 9/2/2013 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:

beautiful, neutral taupe; not too orange or grey
blends beautifully to create a soft contour
pigmented enough to create a dramatic edgy contour (if desired)
works great for pale skin (im mac NW15)
inexpensive

CONS:
my lid for the powder broke off
it can be hard to find if you dont have an Ulta near you

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'd never tried contouring before, but I've always been a fairly natural-look kind of girl, so I thought that contouring might help give my face a little something extra. It does. I had to buy Taupe online because I couldn't find it in stores anywhere (not even Ulta), but it was worth it. It's a pretty ashy-pink color--perfect for very fair skin. When I apply it in the hollows of my cheeks it looks like a natural shadow. It's fairly pigmented, so you don't need to swipe much on your brush. The package is a bit smaller than I was expecting, but I'm sure it'l last a long time since you don't have to use much of it. If you're thinking about trying out contouring, I'd encourage you to give this product a try!

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a perfect contour shade for pale girls. NARS Laguna? Forget about it. This is a matte, soft, easy to blend dusty brown shade that is neutral and just simply works. I've been complimented on my cheekbones before when in reality I don't have any, I just use this to contour every single day. Give it a shot if you can't find a bronzer that works for you. It's basically made for pale girls. Contour shades are meant to be matte, neutral with no yellow/orange undertones, and darker than your natural skin color, so I have no idea why people use bronzers to contour anyhow. There are plenty of options out there to contour with besides shimmery, orange bronzers.

on 4/20/2013 9:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I've already repurchased this product, which is saying something because it's really hard for me to use up a blush/bronzer. I even bought a backup because I don't want to be without this ever. It's PERFECT to contour my super pale skin. I tried many many bronzers, but all of them looked like I was wiping orange dirt on my face. This one is perfect. I buy it online (I can't find it in stores) and it's only around $4-5. It's a brown/gray color instead of brown/orange, which works really well for pale skin. Highly recommended.

on 11/30/2012 2:04:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

It has only been a week, but I already cannot live without this blush. I bought it thinking I would only take the time to contour my nose and cheekbones for special occasions. Well, this product is so easy to use and foolproof that I have been applying it on a daily basis.

The colour payoff is a lot less than I expected from looking at the pan. This is GREAT because it's why it works so well for people of different skin colours. I use NYX HD Foundation and Concealer in a Pot in 'medium', and Taupe is a perfect contouring shade. I use an angled eyeshadow brush and do 2 swipes over the pan (1 each side) before applying.

I do one line on either side of my nose, and one under each cheekbone. The angled brush lets me get a fine line in the nose area (to be blended out later). I do 2 applications per area: the first application is faint on my darker skin, but is still visible, so I can see if I don't like where I've put it! The second application intensifies the colour to the point where it would be noticeable if I don't blend it out. I use the same brush to blend outward in 4 or 5 quick swipes.

I am a very lazy person when it comes to makeup in the morning, but this blush is so foolproof, it adds seconds to my morning routine. The colour doesn't fade throughout the day, and I am careful to pat and not swipe with my touch-up powder throughout the day. By the end of a 14-hour day, the edges of the contour lines may have "bled" a little to be less defined, but nothing a quick finger swipe wouldn't fix!

I ordered this off Cherry Culture for $4.50 CAD (doesn't include shipping). This is much cheaper than the $8.99 CAD local drugstores and grocery stores were going to charge me! Even with the addition of shipping, it comes out to be more economical to order it online (unless you get a lucky customs check!). However, Canadians looking for the product to swatch can find it at select Save-on-Foods and London Drugs. Lastly, NYX doesn't test on animals - a final plus!

on 9/25/2012 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

The ONLY color my pale skin can contour with. Amazing. It brings out the hallows and is competely matte. No orangey, shimmery, your face looks dirty look here. It blends out wonderfully, I don't look like I have stripes. My local Harmon didn't carry the shade, so I ordered it from NYX's website.

on 2/18/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love love love this colour blush. i have always found it difficult finding a good shade to contour with, most just make my face look dirty. NYX taupe blush is just perfect enough to contour with , i only need a tiny amount and it blends really well. And for the price you can't go wrong.

on 1/21/2012 12:51:00 PM

I was looking for a MAC Sculpt & Shape dupe, and this is pretty much as good as it gets! I love it for nose contouring, but I don't think I'd use it anywhere else since it's a very neutral brown, much like a shadow. I tried it on my cheeks, not a fan (for reference, I'm NC20.)

It's very very pigmented, so be careful with application :) I just use a MAC 217 to sweep down the sides of my nose, and it's just lovely. Since I use it everyday, I'm glad it somewhat fades because it's supposed to be subtle anyway.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

this is amazing to contour with i love it! i dont wear makeup daily but when i do i always have to grab this product. i went threw 5 of these this year alone. NYX overall has amazing pigmented products that are very inexpensive.