NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

on 2/25/2018 6:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Found on amazon; discontinued in stores. Haven't tried the new version HD blush. Such an amazing color for fair, cool toned skin. Some reviewers said you have to be careful with the pigmentation but I completely disagree... this is very buildable and hard to mess up. I apply with the real techniques setting brush under my cheekbone. I've also been using this for a "brontour" instead of bronzer for awhile. It has zero orange cast to it.

I've repurchased several times. I read a ton of amazing reviews about a limited edition Chanel taupe colour that looked good on pale skin, and I was gutted that I missed that one, but lead me to search for a similar taupe colour that similarly contours pale skin without just looking orange or shimmery. This is it. My main issue is I usually have had to order it from over seas because they don't sell it in the UK, but Boots is starting to stock NYX so hopefully it'll be in a local store before long :)

I wish I could find a foundation in this colour as I would blend that in with my techniques sponge as being a powder to me makes it not as easy to blend in..

Certainly happy that it does the trick, haven't seen a single product that is close to this colour yet.

When I bought this last year, it was my first real contouring product. I think it's a great product for beginners because it's not easy to go overboard. With a fluffy contour brush, it takes several layers to get a significant contour. I usually just use this in the hollows of my cheeks and around my forehead, but it's also very useful for nose contouring as well. There may be better products out there, but for now, I'm content with this product. definitely worth trying.

on 7/21/2014 7:19:00 PM

Most people use this a contour but it works as an actual blush for me. I have yellow olive skin and I have the worst time finding makeup that looks "right". Sephora and Ulta roll their eyes when I walk in with my returns! This is very subtle and it is one of the only items that lights up my skin without making me look like a clown, NARS Sin is taupe on steroids on my face, Sin is beautiful but better in the summer when I'm a bit deeper in tone.

on 3/6/2014 9:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This is perfect for contouring my fair, cool toned skin. It's a very natural colour that replicates shadow on cool, fair skin well. It is not very pigmented, and you need to be patient about building up the product depending on how fair your skin is.

Pros:
- Perfect contour colour for cool, fair skin
- Not too pigmented
- Looks natural
- It's cheap
- Does not break me out

Cons:
- Badly packaged (as with most cheap makeup)
- Requires patience for proper application (better for fair skin)

on 9/2/2013 6:13:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

PROS:

beautiful, neutral taupe; not too orange or grey
blends beautifully to create a soft contour
pigmented enough to create a dramatic edgy contour (if desired)
works great for pale skin (im mac NW15)
inexpensive

CONS:
my lid for the powder broke off
it can be hard to find if you dont have an Ulta near you

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'd never tried contouring before, but I've always been a fairly natural-look kind of girl, so I thought that contouring might help give my face a little something extra. It does. I had to buy Taupe online because I couldn't find it in stores anywhere (not even Ulta), but it was worth it. It's a pretty ashy-pink color--perfect for very fair skin. When I apply it in the hollows of my cheeks it looks like a natural shadow. It's fairly pigmented, so you don't need to swipe much on your brush. The package is a bit smaller than I was expecting, but I'm sure it'l last a long time since you don't have to use much of it. If you're thinking about trying out contouring, I'd encourage you to give this product a try!

on 7/6/2013 3:50:00 AM

I've got light (but not super fair) skin with olive/yellow undertones. While Taupe is definitely a more realistic contour color than bronzers, but I really have to pile it on to see it show up. I'm not sure if it's not very pigmented or whether the color is just a tad too light/pale for me. I'll probably mix it with a bit of bronzer to be effective.

For those concerned that this isn't totally matte, don't worry. It looks like it has a bit of a sheen in the container, but not on skin.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This is a perfect contour shade for pale girls. NARS Laguna? Forget about it. This is a matte, soft, easy to blend dusty brown shade that is neutral and just simply works. I've been complimented on my cheekbones before when in reality I don't have any, I just use this to contour every single day. Give it a shot if you can't find a bronzer that works for you. It's basically made for pale girls. Contour shades are meant to be matte, neutral with no yellow/orange undertones, and darker than your natural skin color, so I have no idea why people use bronzers to contour anyhow. There are plenty of options out there to contour with besides shimmery, orange bronzers.

I bought this for countouring after I did some research on how to countour fair skin. Bronzers never really did the trick for me because it ended looking ridiculously obvious and unnatural. It doesn't really help I don't have sleek cheekbones either.
My skin has a really weird tone, it's really hard to tell whether its undertones are pink or yellow, maybe I'm more neutral or something; even Coralista by Benefit makes me look tanned! So weird!
Anyway I'm not sure about this Taupe thingy. Some days it seems to give me quite nice cheekbones, but other days it seems to do absolutely nothing. Some days it comes out all reddish like some of the girls have said and other days I really can tell the difference it makes. It's really cheap so it's good if you want to try it, if it doesn't work it's not like you're spending a fortune. Packaging is all right, nothing too fancy but still good to protect the powder from breaking. Might repurchase once I hit pan, but you need such a tiny amount that I don't see that happening any time soon.