NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Combination
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.2

on 5/24/2018 2:34:00 AM

It's too bad this has been discontinued. This is great value for the money and it works really well as a cool/neutral toned contour powder. I'm glad I bought a couple of spares. It's also small packaging, which makes it perfect for traveling. It's a really nice shade and it's very easy to blend. You can use a light hand and add more as you need.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Not on contour on me. The HD version also does’t work as contour on me. On my olive/ochre/sallow skin, I get a lot of pink and red undertones so this is more of a cool toned blush on me. I really love how well it blends and how little I need to get a natural flush since on my skintone it can sometimes be a bit too easy to overdo blush.

not for nc25 ladies. Barely any colour shows up and it's kinda hard to blend. I prefer my inglot sculpting powder as compared to this

So hard to blend out, and it had a very strong red undertone on the skin. I didn't get that "super natural" grey-brown contour from this. I have a medium complexion & used this on my nose and cheeks and looked god awful.

Packaging sucks, was too expensive for what it was on Amazon (nearly $10). I don't know if they reformulated this, or I got a bad batch, but I would not recommend this to anyone.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This colour looks JUST like the colour of shadows! However, on my skin (im very yellow undertoned, NC30) it showed up a bit pink and the shadow wasn't really there as i'm a bit darker....
If anyone has this problem, try this alternative: Loreal infallible eyeshadow in Breaking nude!!!
Pigmented but can be blended out just enough so that it doesn't look like a line on your face!

on 9/25/2016 6:26:00 PM

This is a beautiful contour product when you consider the price. Definitely best contour product from drugstore!
If you have darker skin color(idk maybe darker than n35?) you might found this one is very light for you. When i got fake than on i use the shade NC30 and it still looks fine but when im palest (NC15-20) this is the best! Literally. It looks better than my laguna by nars which is an epic contour product and so expensive.:(
SHADE is unique because we are trying to create fake shadows and shadows shouldn't be orange obviously contour product must have neutral or cool undertones in it. For example bahama mama from the balm has neutral undertones not so cool or not warm. But this one on the cool spectrum and i believe this is why it's perfect! I love it. Love love love.
For fair-light-medium skin people,i highly recommended!
-I also saw some swatches comparing this one with kevyn aucoin sculpting powder they look almost same!

on 9/16/2016 12:34:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I kept hearing that this was a great contour shade for fairer skin. I personally don't like the shade of this at all. It's very ashy and muddy looking and the formula also didn't impress me as it applied patchy.

on 5/25/2016 6:00:00 PM

This is the perfect contour shade for my fair skin. I don't use anything else to contour with. I can use it lightly for just a little dimension to the face, or layer it for a more sculpted look without it looking weird. It's perfect, and I love the price. It has also lasted me a loong time and I use it every time I do my makeup.

on 5/9/2016 10:16:00 PM

Like many others I'm using this as a contouring powder, and as a terrifyingly pale human it works pretty gosh darn well for that. The packaging, however, has gradually destroyed itself. The clear top popped out first, leading to the lid frame to crack around the edge and also straight up from the hinge. Be careful with this one though, build too much and you look kind of dirty or sickly or something. I use a narrowish flat brush with natural bristles to apply it and I've never had a problem with blending.

Perfect contouring product for fair skin tones. Got it for under 5 dollars - more than happy of my purchase.