NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Normal
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the only product that can actually give me a 'shadow' contour rather than an orange streak and will suit fair neutral-cool skin tones very well (for what its worth im NC15). I find it very pigmented so I have to be very light handed otherwise it can easily look like a huge splotch of dirt but it blends beautifully from the very small dab I use

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I'm crazy in love with this shade. Though it's advertised as a blush, to me (and probably everyone else using this shade) it makes for the most perfect contour powder.

I'm guessing if you're in the States it's probably easier to get your hands on, and cheaper. However, in South Africa it's not stocked at all outlets, and is always the first to be sold out if it is. I always end up ordering mine online, which works out to the same amount that it would if I bought it locally.

If you're cool-toned and have a paleish skin, this is perfect. It defiantly works as a contour shade, without making you look orange.However, I'd think that nearly anyone could use this, it makes for a more natural shadow color than a bronzer would.

It's strongly pigmented, so I would recommend building up color gradually. I find that an angled contour brush works best for cheekbone, jaw and temple contouring, but fingers work in a pinch too. If you want to contour your nose, I'd recommend a eyeshadow shading brush, purely for logistic purposes.

If you're looking for THE perfect contour product, this is the one. There is reason for all the hype.

on 12/17/2015 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Not a game changer for me BUT I will still get some use out of it. I have a medium skin tone so this is a little light for me. Plus, I found it hard to build up to get color on my skin tone. It is also, ssoooo powdery!? Is this new to NYX blushes? I have other colors in the older packaging that are delightful but this one just dusted up something fierce. Wet n Wild has a contour palette that works very well for me that is about the same price but has a highlight shade. I will save this blush for a no makeup look. It is nothing to write home about. But I had to try it! MUA made me do it! 😄

on 7/31/2015 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased this blush to use as a contour color. It has a greyish undertone that's supposedly perfect for contouring. Bronzer is not recommended as a contour product because it's designed to warm up the skin and often has an orange undertone. A more grayish powder is closer to the actual color of the shadows on the face. Or at least, that's the theory. However, when I applied this blush to the hollows under my cheekbones, it looked very muddy. It looked like I had actually applied mud to my face. It resembled a dirty smudge, which is NOT the look I was going for. Although it's a matte shade and although I will agree that bronzer is not a suitable contour product, I think I'll try the Kevin Aucoin sculpting powder instead. Yes, it's considerably more money but you get what you pay for. I'm glad this taupe powder works for so many people, but it's definitely not suitable for me. I wanted something that would give me the chiseled cheekbones of my youth and something that would accentuate the apples of my cheeks. Instead, I got a dirty face and had to wash everything off and start over!! I definitely don't recommend this color for contouring unless you have darker skin. Mine is light, but not fair, so it looked like I had wiped brown earth across my face. Not a good look, I promise you.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

Oh yes yes yes! I'm a very pale person, about NW10. Everyone wants a perfect product for sculpting your face, and I've been on the hunt for a matte pale grey-brown shadow to use under my cheekbones. The thing is, being so pale, that products that work on darker skin like NC20 will look orange on me.

I have used MAC Harmony, a famous and often recommended blush for pale skin like mine, but it was too red. NYX Taupe is a little darker and more pigmented, but is easy to sheer out. The point is that it's grey-brown and not red-brown or orange-brown, so if everything looks orange on your pale skin, this is highly recommended. Also if you have pink undertones - shades like MAC Harmony might work on a little darker and warmer skin.

This can of course also be used as a beautiful eyeshadow!

Very low price, cute packaging, you get a good amount, applies well, is a true multi tasking product and lasts well. Highly recommend for pale and cool toned people!

on 7/26/2014 8:50:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I was seduced by the many great reviews on this forum and lusted after this, yes ladies even in my advanced years a make up junkie is only in recovery, never cured and this blush proves my point. On the one hand I love the color, in the pan, on me not so much I have high, possibly misguided hopes that when my 'permatan' fades this will look good on me. Yes I read the reviews that this is good for someone with pale to medium skin and on the cool side, I have a lot of yellow in my skin, so stubborn is as stubborn does and I am going to try and tie my hands behind my back and lay off of Sephora, Barney's and Ebay for a while..well okay maybe for an hour or two !

UPDATE !
My tan has faded sufficiently for me to be in love with this color, if you have puffiness at the inside corner of the eye a little bit of this takes it away, this is also excellent for other subtle contouring. However as a true shading color you might need a truer brown.

on 7/16/2014 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Wonderful contour if you're fair-skinned. My only gripe is that the package is a bit small and I go through it quickly. The formula is perfectly matte and has just the right amount of pigmentation - you can be pretty slap-dash with this and it still looks good, it doesn't need a ton of blending to look natural. It makes a noticeable difference on me without looking overtly made-up. Long live NYX Taupe! May it never be discontinued!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Everything they say is true! This blush is great for fair skinned people. I never would have purchased it - or even known about it - without MUA reviews. It looks muddy in the pan but when used right it gives great definition. (It took me a youtube video to figure out how to use it as a "contouring" blush - I wasn't particularly familiar with contouring). It's worth the $5 - just beware of the shoddy packaging as with all NYX blushes. I gave it an extra lippy because, miraculously, this one hasn't broken on me yet.

on 4/6/2014 10:37:00 AM

I love the color of this product for contouring. It is a really cool, gray brown that really creates the shadow effect. It's a pretty color for contouring, especially for pale skin who don't want orange tones.

However, I agree with another reviewer about how it's WAY too easy to make this blush muddy on the skin if you're pale. I'm an NC20.I have the sleek contour kit, and while its more "orange and red" in tones, its much easier to blend, and doesnt look as muddy. After I put on my NC20 foundation, I have a pale canvas to work on. This shows up really muddy. And I used my MAC 188 brush, for reference. I think you have to be really careful with this product if you're pale like me, which is not ideal if you want to contour and run out of the house.

The color is nice, but honestly, I was disappointed.

on 10/25/2013 2:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great product for contouring on fair to medium toned skin! My only gripe is it's not QUITE as pigmented as I would like, but this does help you not overdo it on the contouring so it's not a total dealbreaker.