NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Dry
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

3.9

on 6/21/2017 11:02:00 PM

Love this for contouring! It's great for an everyday contour but it's also so easy to build up for a more dramatic look.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this (like almost everyone on here) as a contouring powder, and for the price it's hard to beat. First, I'm surprised to read reviews saying it's good for fair but not for tan/darker skin tones? In my opinion I would say the exact opposite. It's the exact colour of a natural shadow, and looks great on my NC40 skin. The product can be tricky to master. I agree it can be patchy/muddy/too harsh. The trick is to use a CLEAN brush (you don't need to wash the brush each time, just swipe on hand or tissue to get rid of residue on the bristles). Start with a really light hand and little product, because it can look muddy real fast. I apply this before bronzer and blush for a more muted look. Also, I find its really easy to go overboard with this (a little goes a long way ppl), but you can take away the harshness blending it in with bronzer and/or blush. Bottom line: if you think the colour is right for your skin, I recommend trying it. It's cheap! Can't go wrong with a VERY light sweep and lots of blending, but be prepared to practice and figure out what works for you.

on 5/16/2016 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Perfect for my pale, cool toned skin so happy i finally got my fingers on this. If your pale and struggling to find a contour shade that isn't too warm this is the one for you trust me. And to that price how can you not be excited.

on 12/9/2015 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

OMG, THIS IS MY HG CONTOUR SHADE. It is a must-have if you're pale to light medium, but I'm iffy about recommending it for medium skin tones. I have NC20 skin and although I have warm tones technically, I never liked how a lot of contour powders were on the warm side. If I wanted to use bronzer, I'd use that instead of contouring.

I wanted to find a contour powder that mimicked the shade of natural shadows on the face, which are cooler and grayer in nature. NYX Taupe blush is PERFECT for that purpose. I like to use an angled natural blush brush like the MAC 168 with this and it gives me the most natural result. It doesn't look like I deliberately carved out my cheek or jawline.

Honestly this "blush" doesn't have high pigmentation, however... but I like it that way. This is very dependent on preference. I like a more natural, diffused contour so I like that the pigment is not too strong. I can see pale ladies loving this blush for that reason. I believe that the HD blush formula of this colour by NYX is more pigmented, if you're more of a stickler for that. The texture is very soft and easily blendable, but it doesn't kick up powder everywhere.

I heard a few years back that this would be discontinued so I already bought a backup... but it looks like it's here to stay. Thank you, makeup gods! So to answer your last question--yes, I would definitely run out and repurchase this!

on 4/12/2015 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Caveat: This only gets 2 stars because it didn't work for me and as a "heads up" to others with my skin tone. If you are pale this would be THE BOMB contouring product and likely get a 5 star rating easily!

Note to NC30's and darker:
This will NOT work for you as a contouring product - It will be too light and if you are warm toned and try to pack it on for some sort of color payoff or attempt to use it as a barely there blush, it will look too grey and muddy.

Note to pale skin shades = lighter than NC30:
This is gonna look awesome as a contour! Especially if cool toned.

Pro's and cons abt the product:
Dirt cheap stuff here so if it works for you congrats! There is a ton of fallout to this product but it's so inexpensive that's not a big deal I suppose. Dispite fallout, I don't find this to be chalky on actual application and it seems easily blendable. This is inexpensive enough for anyone to give it a try and see how they feel about it. If you are a contouring newbie this is a good place to start experimenting as well. I highly recomend this for pale skinned folks, not at all for medium and darker.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This doesn't have much pigmentation, I find it hard to get enough product on my brush. This blush is chalky and does not show up to much on my NC30 (yellow) skin tone. I think this would look better on lighter and cooler skintones. I personally don't like the formula, not pigmented enough does not blend well and my brushes don't pick up much of the product, I tossed it!

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

As most of the reviews here, this is a pale girls savior when it comes to contouring. I've tried it all and just assumed I couldn't get the technique of blending down, enough to make it look natural even though I consider myself advanced when it comes to makeup. Low and behold NYX taupe showed up in my life and as it turns out, I was just using the wrong product all along. Contouring is supposed to create a shadow and this product does just that. Its cool toned, no shimmer, very blendable and long lasting. If your giving up on contouring and your a pale girl, definitely get this.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this blush in Taupe. This blush was recommended as a great contour powder for very fair skin. The product was alright for the price, but made me break out like crazy. I applied it along my cheeks and my skin was not pleased. It clogged my pores like crazy. I'm now struggling with breakout and bumps on my cheek contour line.

on 5/1/2014 4:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

It's a nice contour - I've been using it for about 2 months. I do notice that where I contour along my jaw, however, I'm a bit itchy and bumpy. Not very itchy but just bothersome at times. This started soon after I started using Nyx Taupe. It's weird because that area of my face never was reactive to anything before. I wanted to keep on trying it though because the price is great and I like the way it looks on me. I think at this point, I may switch to another contour though because something in this must be irritating me since I'm still itchy along my jaw! Does anyone else get a reaction?

on 3/23/2014 7:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a good blush for contour if you have fair/medium skin. This is more a bronzer than a blush. Taupe doesn't has shimmer wich is perfect for define your cheekbones and your face structure. The pigmentation is awesome and you only need a tiny bit of product. The shade is a medium brown . If you have yellow undertones wich is my case you need to be careful because it can look muddy and not cute at all. I prefer using this one in fall/winter because it looks more natural and creates a good shades in your face. I put 4 lippies because it's not my favorite and for yellow undertones I can see what people don't like it so much.
I would buy it again? no, I prefer others but if you have fair skin and pink undertones you will like