NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

on 5/28/2014 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have very fair skin with pink undertones, and this blush is the only product I've come across with the right color for contouring my cheekbones. It's easy to blend, but it can be difficult to get just the right amount of product on. It's not extremely pigmented, so you do have to build it up, but you also have to be careful not to build up too much, or else it can end up looking muddy and sallow. I've always had good results when applying it with a kabuki brush.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

About me: NW10 (winter) - NW20 (summer)

Until now, all my attempts at contouring having been epic failures. Finding a cool toned contour color for fair skin is tough. And then Nyx Taupe entered my life! Now I am contouring daily. Taupe is a very cool toned color.

The formula is surprisingly pretty good for the price. It fades quicker than some of my fav blushes, but I get quite a bit of wear time. I like to use a finishing/setting spray when I use this to boost wear time. I did think this blended actually quite well too (I like to use it over my Mac StudioFix - the powder that makes EVERYTHING blend well though)

If you have a Benefit box blush - give the brush that comes in the blush a try for contouring. Although I think the box blush brush is terrible for blush application, it works pretty well for contouring.

I am not a fan of the new packaging. The little plastic bow opening is difficult - I have gouged it with my finger multiple times now. But that's pretty minor, considering the price on this is great! (Ulta runs sales on these BOGO a LOT too!)

I had been using Nars Laguna, but it is considerably more warm, and pulled VERY orange on my skin.