NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Other
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.7

on 1/10/2016 9:05:00 PM

Good contour color for lighter complexions. Worth a try.

on 2/18/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love love love this colour blush. i have always found it difficult finding a good shade to contour with, most just make my face look dirty. NYX taupe blush is just perfect enough to contour with , i only need a tiny amount and it blends really well. And for the price you can't go wrong.

For ref: NC30-35 Olive undertone

Product comes in the NYX standard plastic cheapie flip-top packaging at about $5/pop. No wasted space with brush or mirror, just a cake of soft, pigmented, blendable, matte blush.

Taupe is a mid-brownish grey, with cool lavender undertones. Taupe seems to have a lavender/white powder base which I'm sure contributes to the chalky quality on skin. Overall I find most other NYX blushes seem to have the pigment suspended in a non-chalky base so they look more clear/true to shade if that makes sense. But, back to Taupe.. a sad dud among the usual NYX blush gems... it's a shade too light/chalky for NC35, and sadly the lavender undertones make this look unnatural for olive toned skin.
I think this would be an appropriate contour shade for neutral/cool tone skin a shade or two lighter than NC35.

Ben Nye contour 1 works much better for my skintone.

on 9/24/2009 7:02:00 PM

When i first learned of contouring this was the product I tried. It is inexpensive and did last me awhile. Use a light hand and build the color gradually or else you are left with "dirty" looking skin. lol
I've since purchased more expensive contouring powders; however I always seem to reach for this one! Def recommend and will repurchase as long as its avail. It would be nice if the packageing was a bit more sturdy.

I tried this yesterday for the first time and I really liked it. It's wondefull for contouring, it's an amazing dupe of Mac's Emote blush and Wedge shadow. For on;y $3.50 it was definately a steal!

on 2/7/2009 10:10:00 PM

I love this color on my nc2-25 skin. It is a "my lids but better" color that I wear from lash line all the way through the crease and then highlight my brow bone with nyx white. If I add a shimmery silver base color like stila shadow pot in taupe, this whole look comes alive and it a really pretty day time look for me.