NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
NYX Professional Makeup Powder Blush - Taupe [DISCONTINUED]

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this thinking it would be a great shade for contouring. Well, I was wrong, I have fair skin with yellow undertones and this makes my face look really dirty.
In addition, this had no pigmentation, I had to scrape it with a knife and still it has little pigmentation.
I was very disappointed with this product, I guess I can use it has eye shadow, but still.. What a waste.

on 3/15/2018 12:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

TOO WARM - This is a cult favorite contour shade for fair skin so I had to try it. I know the older version is well-loved but had more red in it. In the pan this is very warm, like a bronzer, instead of a contour. Everything pulls red or orange on me since I have so much pink in my skin. I prefer very cool taupe/purple based contours. This NYX Taupe reminds me exactly of the Catrice Prime/Fine Contour. Overall, this is too warm for my skin tone. If you are fair, and want a truly cool toned contour try my favorite L’Oréal Color Riche Eyeshadow in Café au Lait.

on 1/27/2015 2:49:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This was so far the best color for countouring my cool fair skin tone and it took me some time before I've catched it in the local store - this nuance is very popular and it is sold out very quickly. Well, the product is not dusty, chulky, powdery, it has just a right consistence, the color is wonderfull, some kind of cool brown with hint of rosy shades and tinny, tinny almost invisible sparkles in it. However, after just two days of using it on my cheekbones they started to itch and small bumps appeared all over.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

Purchased for contouring purposes. I'm a bit torn. The color is great, it works well for my skin tone which is light and prefers neutrals and cooler toned color products. I just expected way more pigment. I mean maybe that is a good thing? It is kind of impossible to go overboard, but I feel like it takes way more effort to get the look that I want out of this. Due to the lighter pigment, it is good for a really natural contoured look... if you want something more dramatic this is definitely not it. I wish I could find a color like this that was more pigmented. I am sure such a product exists but I am too lazy to hunt it down currently.

I did notice the reddish tones if you layer it on. That's a little confusing because it is not something you pick up when looking at the product. I am thinking that my beauty blender-esque sponge is not the best vehicle for getting this on my face since it absorbs way too much of the product and leaves me needing to layer it on to get more of a contour effect... I am going to try a brush or something and see if I am happier with it applied in that manner. I did use a smaller brush to contour my nose with this and it was definitely more pigmented than using the sponge and created more of a contouring effect.

Right now I feel that this is an average product. I will need to play around with it some more to see if fulfills my basic contouring needs.

This isn't as smooth or finely milled as other powders but it works great for contouring. It's a dark completely matte contour. It takes a bit of time to blend: I tap it on and blend the edges gently.

on 1/18/2017 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

I like this "blush" - it's a very cool gray-brown shade that works well as contour. It is very subtle on my cheeks, as my skintone is lighter than NC40 as it is winter, but I like that it doesn't show up as a harsh color on me. The powder is very finely milled and smooth, and works well when applied with my Real Techniques sculpting brush. If you are darker than me, I'm not sure that it would work for you, but if you are my shade or lighter, this is a great contour to try. I love the new packaging too - it's very compact and easy to carry around!

on 2/3/2015 12:10:00 PM

This is the end all be all for super pale ladies. I have been skeptical of buying a contour color because they all are just wrong. but this one is just perfect. i was skeptical of the brand as i've never used it. works like a charm.

I bought this for contouring (I'm MAC NW15 if not even more pale) and I guess it does a decent job. I get a cool, natural looking result. I'm not doing contouring every day so I don't use this very much.

PROS
It is pretty as a crease colour :)
Pretty package with see-through lid.
Perfect colour for contouring, if you're into contouring (hah).

CONS
I find it hard to get colour out of it.
Plastic package that breaks easily.
Expensive in my country (so I order online instead, yay!)

Overall, I manage without it but it's nice to have for those special occasions :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is often compared to MAC wedge eyeshadow (for contouring cheeks). I bought the product for this reason (and on pictures online they look quite similar), but it's a little cooler toned compared to MAC wedge and almost has a purple hue (while MAC wedge is a completely neutral brown color). Overall I'd say MAC wedge might be a better option than this, this can easily look muddy - but with a lot of blending it looks nice. I think this will work for fair to fair-medium skin tone. I am half asian with fair yellow skin, but I actually have neutral undertones. I think the warmer your skin, the stranger this product might look on you (a bit grey/purple). It shouldn't be confused for a bronzer.

For $6, this item is pretty great. My only complaint is the poor packaging both in shipping, but mainly on NYX's part. I received this item broken. The clear NYX plastic fell into the blush and now I will have to fix it. This could be because it was wrapped only in a clear plastic bag and shipped in a bubble-wrap lined envelope, but I have received other pressed powders without a problem when they are shipped this way. If NYX made the packaging stronger then this would not have happened.

on 6/12/2010 12:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a cool toned taupe that is reputed to be a dupe of MAC Emote which is discontinued (I don't have MAC Emote so I can't compare, but a google will reveal how similar they are) and most people use it to contour their faces. I'll say it's good for fair to medium skin tones, and it does its job nicely. Matte, non shimmery. And it'll last quite a while for a cheap price.